Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Xeraphim1

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Xeraphim1 »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:** 25-Jun-2019 Survival of China

Ah,.. the good old days! Warlords in every valley. Lots of nifty banners, colorful costumes and headwear. Knives on sticks.

..with the added benefit, during the darkness of the semi-nuclear winter, and at night, of some lovely radioisotopic illumination!

I do hope it's not that rather overused acid-yellow-green colored radioactive glow. The light blue, or even nice warm amber color would be my preference.

..of course (were I still in California during that time) I'd be enjoying whichever hue would be "in vogue" myself as well.
If you're by the ocean can you get that nifty blue Cherenkov radiation?

Goose

China - today

Post by Goose »

Read the Hong Kong blog and agree that China is a mess. Thinking that the country is ungovernable due to size and "diversity" (our problem also). Others have also noted the credit mess the country finds itself in with the collapse of a large regional bank. Essentially from my readings China has always had some type of dictatorship and the current Chicoms are no different. This time I wonder if the internal unrest will be expressed by starting a war. It is coming in any event but an early start could be in the offing. History says that Hitler was not totally prepared when he started his invasions so China maybe following a pattern. The only wild card here is someone bring back that unique African disease Ebola. Add all together; financial stress, food stress caused by African swine fever, decreased trade dollars from the US, restive population, restive neighbors, colonies and what do you get = War. Goose

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:** 25-Jun-2019 Survival of China
... The light blue, or even nice warm amber color would be my preference.

..of course (were I still in California during that time) I'd be enjoying whichever hue would be "in vogue" myself as well.
If you're by the ocean can you get that nifty blue Cherenkov radiation?

..yes,.. the sonic boom (bow shock) of light!

A lovely blue, indeed. :)

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

Cheer me up? That was about as happy as the story of the 47 Ronin ( spoiler: they all die).
But John's wrong, I'm not glum. He said nothing I didn't expect, it was just good to see he is surviving and in apparent good health.

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: China - today

Goose wrote:... History says that Hitler was not totally prepared when he started his invasions so China maybe following a pattern. ...
Hitler went to war because:
  • "Germany mustn't dilute itself by intercourse (trade and elsewhat) with 'inferior nations/peoples', and must not allow industrial-thinking to be sold to those inferiors in exchange for food.

..therefore, Germany must have living-room (Lebensraum) to grow it's own food."
Taking other's things via force is called war. The "food" of industry (at the time) was oil, by the way.

China must go to war because:
  • "China is the center and master of the universe, and must not dilute itself by reciprocal intercourse with inferiors, and must therefore take possession of all world resources by gaming "reciprocal traders" weaknesses in stealth, while building a great war machine, until they notice their inferior position too late and are in no position to wage effective war on China.

..therefore, China must have living-room (BRI, Belt and Road Initiative, and all the "historical" claims of China to Eurasia, Oceania and elsewhere) from which to gather it's own resources."

Germany's stumbling block was oil. It didn't grab it fast enough.

China's stumbling block will be the "inferior" people "within" the "Greater" China. It won't be able to hold it tight enough, fast enough.

Germany ground itself into iron filings.

China will grind itself into lean hamburger.

FishbellykanakaDude

shoshin wrote:
Cheer me up? That was about as happy as the story of the 47 Ronin ( spoiler: they all die).
But John's wrong, I'm not glum. He said nothing I didn't expect, it was just good to see he is surviving and in apparent good health.
I thought that was a rather perky little ditty,.. but then again, I don't speak Japanese, so....

<chuckle!>

And that's fantastic that you're not glum, 'though you did look quite aghast in the image,.. which is understandable considering the "weight" of the tome in your hands. :)

Akō jiken,.. good story in the nearly "Greek Tragedy" style, where the inevitability of the "tragedy" was demanded by the sense of honor and loyalty of the culture.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I was reading your book in the doctor's office and it got some attention. Apparently it means I'm a racist prick.

John

Post by John »

** 27-Jun-2019 Racist?
Trevor wrote: > I was reading your book in the doctor's office and it got some
> attention. Apparently it means I'm a racist prick.
Wow! What exactly did they say?

John

Post by John »

John wrote:** 27-Jun-2019 Racist?
Trevor wrote: > I was reading your book in the doctor's office and it got some
> attention. Apparently it means I'm a racist prick.
Wow! What exactly did they say?
And did the doctor offer to cure that disease?