Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

Status on Book - How to Prepare for What's Coming

I had hoped to partner with John and those running his GoFundMe campaign to write the book while raising funds for John.

Unfortunately, this does not seem to be viable.

I did ask the GoFundMe campaign for $100 for my work on creating the book outline, as this appears to have generated about $1600 in donation for John. This met with John's approval. I have heard nothing back.

I am, at this point, unsure what is going on with those funds. Discussing it with John, he felt that if those that donated were hoping for a book, they should ask for their donation back.

John also told me that he felt that little if anything else would be forthcoming. I am writing this now to let people know that donating to John's GoFundMe campaign in hopes of seeing the book come out is not the way to go.

I will need to come up with another funding idea, which is sad, as I had hoped to partner with others to help out John, who has done so much to create this site, and to publish news about truly important things going on in the world. I will work on options this weekend.

In any case, should you REALLY want the information on the topics I have outlined, I would be glad to do a personal session with anyone over the internet and discuss specifics and options for your personal situation, but you would have to pay me for my time. Message me if you are interested in doing this, and I will get back to you.

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 pm

I had hoped to partner with John and those running his GoFundMe campaign to write the book while raising funds for John.

I did ask the GoFundMe campaign for $100 for my work on creating the book outline, as this appears to have generated about $1600 in donation for John. This met with John's approval. I have heard nothing back.

I am, at this point, unsure what is going on with those funds. Discussing it with John, he felt that if those that donated were hoping for a book, they should ask for their donation back.

John also told me that he felt that little if anything else would be forthcoming. I am writing this now to let people know that donating to John's GoFundMe campaign in hopes of seeing the book come out is not the way to go.

I will need to come up with another funding idea, which is sad, as I had hoped to partner with others to help out John, who has done so much to create this site, and to publish news about truly important things going on in the world. I will work on options this weekend.

In any case, should you REALLY want the information on the topics I have outlined, I would be glad to do a personal session with anyone over the internet and discuss specifics and options for your personal situation, but you would have to pay me for my time. Message me if you are interested in doing this, and I will get back to you.
I thought that money was supposed to be for John, not for you.

Post by Guest »

It is too late for a book. We have five weeks before the country collapses.

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 pm
It is too late for a book. We have five weeks before the country collapses.
In December they will have so many dead people in the streets of America it will look like The Purge.

John

Post by John »

** 07-Aug-2020 World View: Five weeks
Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 pm
> It is too late for a book. We have five weeks before the country
> collapses.
What happens in five weeks?
guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:11 pm
> In December they will have so many dead people in the streets of
> America it will look like The Purge.
No they won't.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:20 am
I thought that money was supposed to be for John, not for you.
The plan was that for $8k raised, I would get $4k to cover the cost of preparing the book. That would be 50%. $100 out of $1600 is far below 50%. It is also a good amount to just test that I can trust that those administering the funds will do so in partnership with those doing the actual work to generate donations.

John

Post by John »

** 07-Aug-2020 World View: Payment for book
Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:20 am
> I thought that money was supposed to be for John, not for
> you.
Navigator wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:39 pm
> The plan was that for $8k raised, I would get $4k to cover the
> cost of preparing the book. That would be 50%. $100 out of $1600
> is far below 50%. It is also a good amount to just test that I
> can trust that those administering the funds will do so in
> partnership with those doing the actual work to generate
> donations.
Tell Kardys that I said it was OK to pay you $100, and that, in
exchange, you'll start writing and posting book chapters. However,
I've been doing this for almost 20 years, and I can tell you that
unless you've discovered the magic sauce, there will not be anything
like $8k of donations. If your objective in writing this book is to
make money, my experience is that you will not succeed.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

John wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:05 pm
Tell Kardys that I said it was OK to pay you $100, and that, in
exchange, you'll start writing and posting book chapters. However,
I've been doing this for almost 20 years, and I can tell you that
unless you've discovered the magic sauce, there will not be anything
like $8k of donations. If your objective in writing this book is to
make money, my experience is that you will not succeed.
I used the "contact me" option on GoFundMe to email Kardys that, and asked him to contact you to confirm. I did not hear anything back. Of course the option is that he did not get the message, or maybe thought I was "phishing" him somehow. Maybe this public conversation will help convince him of that. I also used my alternate email address to contact him.

I will wait to see if I hear back.

I am very inclined to believe you on the funding, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of funding that came in even prior to having the outline done.

I would work on the next bit, which is what's coming and why, and timelines. But I won't make anything more available until we work out the financials. Given your own experience with Breitbart, I am sure you understand.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Navigator wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi, Navigator. For some reason, I cannot find the message you sent to the GoFundMe campaign. I only learned about it just now. Can you please message me privately so we can discuss this?

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Kardys. Writing you a private message through this site now.

I have sent 2 messages (same content) by now. Both are still showing as in my Outbox on this board. Let me know when/if you get one or both messages.