Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:33 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:43 pm
Would the deep state let a demented old man give control to the chinese re: power grid? One can say there are a lot of sick government and military "leaders" but all in all, I doubt it.

Just as Trump proved, a single man as executive means something, but little overall at this stage in American history.
I doubt Biden is deciding much of anything - he's just doing what he has agreed to do, or what he is now being told he should do. One thing about Trump - whether you love him, tolerate him, or hate him, no one doubts he was making his own decisions.

I have tried for a while now, with the aid of John, Navigator, some other thoughtful posters, and a few extra-GD sources to discern what "big picture" explains why things are unfolding as they are. I stress that I have no expertise in any field relevant to this task, although I do have some experience making important decisions with limited information.

Sadly, my best assessment at this time is that a lot of the democrats, and more than a few republicans, have decided either that is it inevitable that the U.S. will become a surveillance state ruled by an elite core like China, or that it would be "best" if the U.S. became that. It seems they are positioning themselves to become part of that "elite." Google, Apple, and other multinational corporations undoubtedly have played a huge role in helping the CCP get to where it is today, they have profited hugely from it, and they are ready to continue on to the U.S. In fact, I would find it hard to believe that corporations and some politicians are NOT coordinating with the CCP regarding what's transpiring now in the U.S. They are probably betting that this can be accomplished without a major war, if only they can keep consolidating control over media (and some other industries, but primarily media).

I don't think that they are going to get their wish. As John points out, 75,000,000 is a very big number. 75,000,000 people, and probably (2-3) times that many (once everyone figures out what's really going on), are simply not going to peacefully give up all their rights. People will scream "BS!" en masse. Financial collapse will only exacerbate that. And all hell will break loose.

I must stress that I really don't want any of this to happen. It's just the writing I 'm starting to see on the wall.
I think spotty is on to something. I said a while back that it was a fear of mine that the US would enter an arms race of the type he is talking about (with China) --- controlling your people. This is the reason why those of us who assign probabilities think also like spotty does here; there is a probability that the war doesn't happen like GD thinks it will, or in the time frame, etc. Again, I think war of some variety will happen, but I don't think deterministically about it, which I believe is my contribution to the site since it is the correct way to think.

Post by Guest »

The Pro-Beijing KMT party in Taiwan is hailing Biden's election as good for stability in Asia. Okay. Now, define stability.

John

Post by John »

** 23-Jan-2021 World View: KMT
Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:48 pm
> The Pro-Beijing KMT party in Taiwan is hailing Biden's election as
> good for stability in Asia. Okay. Now, define stability.
I haven't heard much about the KMT party for a few years, since
they've been in decline for decades and they seem invisible outside of
Taiwan since Tsai Ing-wen was elected.

How is KMT doing within Taiwan?

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:05 pm
** 23-Jan-2021 World View: KMT
Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:48 pm
> The Pro-Beijing KMT party in Taiwan is hailing Biden's election as
> good for stability in Asia. Okay. Now, define stability.
I haven't heard much about the KMT party for a few years, since
they've been in decline for decades and they seem invisible outside of
Taiwan since Tsai Ing-wen was elected.

How is KMT doing within Taiwan?
Poorly. Last year they officially changed their cooperate with Beijing stance, but no one believes them.

I still don't believe that Biden will defend Taiwan. Biden is a common criminal and liar.

JCP

Post by JCP »

Paul Craid Roberts just granted an interview to USA Watchdog. He nails it. Here is the meat of the interview.

https://usawatchdog.com/establishment-w ... g-roberts/
Dr. PCR says, “First, consider there is now an organized war by the establishment against anyone who takes exception to their explanation of the election. We see, for example, free speech is now dead. Many of the institutions in the United States no longer believe in it. You can’t protest what you perceive as a stolen election without being called an enemy of democracy. Well, someone who is protesting what they perceive as a stolen election is defending democracy. Now, that means they are an enemy because the narrative can’t be challenged. You can’t say anything is wrong with the 2020 Election even if you have enormous evidence. So, you don’t have free speech. Also, a lot of people who attended the Trump rally (in Washington D.C. 1/6/21) have been fired simply for attending the rally. So, you don’t have freedom of association. You cannot do anything that is seen as opposition to the establishment. . . . Biden was demanding personal allegiance from the troops who defended the inauguration. So, it looks more and more like a dictatorship.”

Dr. PCR goes on to say, “The evidence is overwhelming that the election was stolen. There is no doubt about it. . . . Let’s assume we don’t really know if the election was stolen. We do know everybody who voted for Trump believes it was stolen. We also know from the polls that 30% of Democrats believe it was stolen. . . .So, if that many people believe it was stolen, the government has an obligation to investigate and tell the people we looked at the evidence . . . and say it was or was not stolen, but they refuse to look at the evidence. They had the explanation ready, and the explanation was ‘there’s no evidence.’ . . . They failed, we have a divided country and they just let the country be divided. Now, they are going to pass a domestic terrorism law, and the purpose is to further control any dissent. . . . This is why I say we have crossed a line. This is like Caesar crossing the Rubicon. That was the end of the Roman Republic. This is the end of democracy. . . . The Republican Party is dead because they failed Trump voters.”

Dr. PCR, who holds a PhD in Economics, says the Biden Administration policies are going to tank the U.S. economy. For example, on Biden’s first day in office, he canceled the XL Pipeline and re-entered the Paris Climate Accord. That killed tens of thousands of U.S. jobs with the stroke of Biden’s pen. Again, this was on the very first day in office. Dr. PCR says, “The economy is already wrecked, and so Biden is going to wreck a wrecked economy.”

The biggest problem Dr. PCR sees is not the federal debt. Dr. PCR says, “The federal debt is not the problem, the real problem is the private debt. . . . The debt burden of the population has gone up over the last 25 years, and this is the difficult problem. Income now is completely utilized in debt service. This is what is meant by debt deflation. Since the consumer is utilizing their money in debt service, there is no money for discretionary spending. Therefore, there is nothing to support the rest of the economy. . . . Then, the lockdowns come, and they further restrict the income flow to the people who are already drowning in debt. . . . The debt needs to be written off, but that is hard to do. . . . So, when people talk about a collapse, this will be the cause of the collapse. We will have a debt deflation collapse and not hyperinflation.”
America is Zimbabawe. I don't know how some people can continue to minimize what has happened. Soon no one will be allowed to even question what is going on.

America is going the way of Czarist Russia, and like Russia, there will be no going back. Even now Russia, after the collapse of the USSR, Russia continues to be run by two-bit criminals.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Turns out the Pentagon has been secretly buying US citizens' location data (collected by smartphone apps) without a warrant since mid-2018.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rrant.html

Post by Guest »

And just like that, America ends.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:58 pm
And just like that, America ends.
Geez Louise, no it doesn't. Why do you keep saying that?

Post by Guest »

Lots of guests talking to and about each other...

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

JCP wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:33 pm
Paul Craid Roberts just granted an interview to USA Watchdog. He nails it. Here is the meat of the interview.

https://usawatchdog.com/establishment-w ... g-roberts/
Dr. PCR says, “First, consider there is now an organized war by the establishment against anyone who takes exception to their explanation of the election. We see, for example, free speech is now dead. Many of the institutions in the United States no longer believe in it. You can’t protest what you perceive as a stolen election without being called an enemy of democracy. Well, someone who is protesting what they perceive as a stolen election is defending democracy. Now, that means they are an enemy because the narrative can’t be challenged. You can’t say anything is wrong with the 2020 Election even if you have enormous evidence. So, you don’t have free speech. Also, a lot of people who attended the Trump rally (in Washington D.C. 1/6/21) have been fired simply for attending the rally. So, you don’t have freedom of association. You cannot do anything that is seen as opposition to the establishment. . . . Biden was demanding personal allegiance from the troops who defended the inauguration. So, it looks more and more like a dictatorship.”

Dr. PCR goes on to say, “The evidence is overwhelming that the election was stolen. There is no doubt about it. . . . Let’s assume we don’t really know if the election was stolen. We do know everybody who voted for Trump believes it was stolen. We also know from the polls that 30% of Democrats believe it was stolen. . . .So, if that many people believe it was stolen, the government has an obligation to investigate and tell the people we looked at the evidence . . . and say it was or was not stolen, but they refuse to look at the evidence. They had the explanation ready, and the explanation was ‘there’s no evidence.’ . . . They failed, we have a divided country and they just let the country be divided. Now, they are going to pass a domestic terrorism law, and the purpose is to further control any dissent. . . . This is why I say we have crossed a line. This is like Caesar crossing the Rubicon. That was the end of the Roman Republic. This is the end of democracy. . . . The Republican Party is dead because they failed Trump voters.”

Dr. PCR, who holds a PhD in Economics, says the Biden Administration policies are going to tank the U.S. economy. For example, on Biden’s first day in office, he canceled the XL Pipeline and re-entered the Paris Climate Accord. That killed tens of thousands of U.S. jobs with the stroke of Biden’s pen. Again, this was on the very first day in office. Dr. PCR says, “The economy is already wrecked, and so Biden is going to wreck a wrecked economy.”

The biggest problem Dr. PCR sees is not the federal debt. Dr. PCR says, “The federal debt is not the problem, the real problem is the private debt. . . . The debt burden of the population has gone up over the last 25 years, and this is the difficult problem. Income now is completely utilized in debt service. This is what is meant by debt deflation. Since the consumer is utilizing their money in debt service, there is no money for discretionary spending. Therefore, there is nothing to support the rest of the economy. . . . Then, the lockdowns come, and they further restrict the income flow to the people who are already drowning in debt. . . . The debt needs to be written off, but that is hard to do. . . . So, when people talk about a collapse, this will be the cause of the collapse. We will have a debt deflation collapse and not hyperinflation.”
America is Zimbabawe. I don't know how some people can continue to minimize what has happened. Soon no one will be allowed to even question what is going on.

America is going the way of Czarist Russia, and like Russia, there will be no going back. Even now Russia, after the collapse of the USSR, Russia continues to be run by two-bit criminals.
Paul Craig Roberts is "Example A" of the "pro-CCP right." Go on his site and read a few articles of his. You'll quickly understand why I label him as such.