Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
JCP

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by JCP »

You ought to try to understand the other. If the conservative culture is done anyway, you might as well try to understand why the winners won?
I do understand. You cheated.

Post by Guest »

It is tempting to demonize the other
You do that every day.

Post by Guest »

BIDEN'S GREEN AGENDA

When I was in my undergraduate studies, our vehicle dynamics course prof had us analyze the Toyota Prius to determine it's true cost for energy to produce, mainly as engineers we get a good horse sense for ********.

Just the Prius, essentially because of its battery systems, taking into account the mining of the materials (500 U.S. tons of Earth yields about 1 U.S. ton of battery), the fuel burn (diesel) to **** that material to refining (read separate these rare earth metals) which is insanely toxic to the environment, then fuel burn (diesel) to transport the refined metals to a battery plant to make the battery. Then, making the actual battery which takes something like 50 barrels of oil on top of the rare earths, then putting the battery on a ship to Japan to be made into the battery pack, then shipping it back to China to be assembled into a sub-system for the car, then shipping it back to Japan to be made into the rest of the Prius, then shipping it to U.S. for sale.

I could go on, but when you level set the total input for energy, you are better off getting a Land Rover Disvoery and about 30,000 gallons of diesel, which in enough to take you from here, to the moon.

It is far, far, worse for pure electrics.

Green my hairy ***.

Post by Guest »

Essentially what bothers me about all this is not the pollution of hybrids or EV's, but the SJW's that cling on blindly to their notion of "look how much good I'm doing to save the planet". Totally ignorant that they are the ones virtue signaling the planets demise through their transportation needs.

Case in point, back to the Prius. Toyota could have made it look just like a normal car, but no. Brilliant marketing understanding the American SJW's want everyone around them to know how much better they are than you, so it looks and drives like a turd, and the libs jumped all over it like a bitch in heat.

Post by Guest »

Anyone with a brain could have told you generally this a decade ago. But with new markets, no matter how ill conceived, there are investors and governments to be swindled and fortunes to be made. So who is going to hold them back with logic? Pfffft. Get out of the way. What's Teslas PE ratio now? 1,677!!!!

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:09 am

Many conservatives understand why the founding fathers wrote the Second, and believe those reasons still apply. Many liberals see a large number of people die, gun technology changing greatly, and want to do something about it.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.

If a conservative is down and out, he thinks about himself. If a liberal notes a class of people are down and out, he wonders what to do about it.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church. If a liberal is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church, makes sure those who want to can, and those that don’t want to aren’t forced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he works for it. If a liberal decides everyone needs health care, he works for it to become available.

I could go on, but that’s sufficient. The pattern is there. There is a demonization of the other that could be turned around. There is a selfishness on the part of the conservative, a concern for fairness on the liberal. There is a desire to solve culture wide problems on the liberal’s part that seems missing on the more self reliant conservative.

But mostly, there is a determination not to understand that goes both ways. Especially on the gun question, I have been as much a pain in the rear to the liberals as I am considered here. If one person is right, the other guy must be wrong?
Bob, I think what guest was trying to say was something like this:

Conservatives think demonstrating personal responsibility is the bulwark of a successful society, and that if everyone practiced it, many societal problems would simply go away.
Liberals think demonstrating personal responsibility is a nearly worthless endeavor, certainly not worth the effort for most people.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

One thing we have learned from Covid is just how unprepared we are for a national disaster. I can hardly believe the levels of incompetence I see when distributing the vaccine, to the point where some of them have been thrown away by mistake. Yes, I'm impressed we were able to create a vaccine so quickly, but I think this shows that when we face a true disaster, we'll do little but bungle our way through.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

If only it were just incompetence. Cuomo's behavior has been nothing short of criminal, starting with forcibly cramming the elderly into Covid-infested gulags. That was as clear an example of mass murder of the elderly as we have seen in America.

Here is just one subsequent example of deplorable misconduct, forcing hospitals, etc. to discard vaccines rather than give them to anyone other than the current state-sanctioned groups.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/nyre ... lines.html
Last edited by spottybrowncow on Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burner Prime

Post by Burner Prime »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:09 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:04 am
Just For Fun

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he works for it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
Many conservatives understand why the founding fathers wrote the Second, and believe those reasons still apply. Many liberals see a large number of people die, gun technology changing greatly, and want to do something about it.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church. If a liberal is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church, makes sure those who want to can, and those that don’t want to aren’t forced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he works for it. If a liberal decides everyone needs health care, he works for it to become available.
Guest's version rings a bit more true to me. But liberals like to believe they're the ones with a heart of gold, trying to "make a difference"[TM], or "do it for the children", etc.

For the Second Amendment, you only have to look at Biden's proposal:
https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Look closely and you see "the "gun violence epidemic" stats mostly come from suicides and accidents. Removing AR-15s ain't gonna solve that and this bill is mainly about banning those and making any current holders license them. We see the purpose is more in line with what Guest said: They want to ban ALL "assault rifles", which results in gutting 2A and facilitating tyranny The Left never ever presents the argument in terms of prevention of tyranny, but always "home protection" or hunting. HAHAHAHA, 2A has nothing to do with hunting, but they always use that. 2A implies the people need the same firepower as an ordinary soldier to prevent any advantage by the military over the people. That means we should be able to have AR's and AK's. The solution to nut jobs and gangsters killing innocents is not total bans.

The Left does a good job with the argument "a well regulated militia..." part saying "we're just "REGULATING", not infringing. But their ideas are not in the spirit of 2A and let's be honest, acts as one step toward confiscation. And they never acknowledge that "militia" implies military weapons, not hunting rifles. Or they say militia means you have to be National Guard or something.

The Left must be so disappointed that we haven't had any "mass shooting" incidents over the past year, where they can Alinsky the crisis to their benefit.

Oh and about the Left "making sure those who want to go to church can..." Now that is a naked lie as we saw the actual, literal criminalization of church attendance during Covid.

Burner Prime

Post by Burner Prime »

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:14 am
BIDEN'S GREEN AGENDA

When I was in my undergraduate studies, our vehicle dynamics course prof had us analyze the Toyota Prius to determine it's true cost for energy to produce, mainly as engineers we get a good horse sense for ********.

Just the Prius, essentially because of its battery systems, taking into account the mining of the materials (500 U.S. tons of Earth yields about 1 U.S. ton of battery), the fuel burn (diesel) to **** that material to refining (read separate these rare earth metals) which is insanely toxic to the environment, then fuel burn (diesel) to transport the refined metals to a battery plant to make the battery. Then, making the actual battery which takes something like 50 barrels of oil on top of the rare earths, then putting the battery on a ship to Japan to be made into the battery pack, then shipping it back to
Toyota boss points out that the carbon footprint for EV exceeds gas-powered cars, at least in Japan, probably China too, due to needing electricity from coal.

https://observer.com/2020/12/toyota-aki ... ransition/

We have to realize the Left isn't about solving problems, but more about using problems as a cover to implement some solution that consolidates their power or creates dependencies by regular folks on the system - which of course they control every aspect.

They do the same thing with every "problem": gun violence, health care, environment...