Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Bob Butler

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 pm
Lightbulb wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:55 pm

We dried the clothes by the natural gas fireplace that ignites with batteries. The natural gas water heater gave us hot water and I had a hot shower every morning. The gas range we lit with matches so we could cook. My wife made me hot coffee every morning.
Living in a hurricane-prone area, I can attest that natural gas, if available, is a great backup when the grid goes down. We have a 20kw natural gas generator that comes on automatically when the power goes out. We have had several instances of power outages for several days, and I must confess I feel a little guilty, everyone else is living like cavemen, and I don't even have to turn the stereo down. I'm sure an earthquake would take out the gas supply, societal collapse, who knows. I have friends who have many month's supply of underground propane tanks, but that's in another league.
Living in a blizzard prone area, I have a house heated by propane, an emergency generator driven off expanded propane tanks, and UPS connections on the internet. While I don't anticipate the collapses foreseen by many here, I guess I'm as prepared as anyone.

Post by Guest »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 am
John may feel this post may be more accurately placed in another thread, but I found this article so compelling that I wanted to put it where I think the most people will see it. It's the most detailed and believable analysis of what appears to be going on in the U.S. now that I've seen.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... ty-tyrants

I followed some but not all of the many included hyperlinks, and they all appear to accurately support the points made.
As always, if anyone spots misleading or fallacious claims in the text, I would ask them to share their observations with us.
This magazine seems to be blocked in my country. Or is the magazine down?

Post by Guest »

Born in 1946. Lived a great life in a great nation. Now retired 12 years and watching the US go down the drain due to the liberals and college 'edumacated' (yesterday I could not spell engenier and today I are one) millennials get their hands on the levers/controls to show how smart they are.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:09 am
spottybrowncow wrote:
John may feel this post may be more accurately placed in another thread, but I found this article so compelling that I wanted to put it where I think the most people will see it. It's the most detailed and believable analysis of what appears to be going on in the U.S. now that I've seen.

I followed some but not all of the many included hyperlinks, and they all appear to accurately support the points made.
As always, if anyone spots misleading or fallacious claims in the text, I would ask them to share their observations with us.
I don't know if it's blocked, but a friend of mine in South Africa had the same problem with another article from that site. I don't know what the laws are, but I could easily make a pdf of the article and maybe attach it somewhere if it's OK.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:12 pm
Living in a blizzard prone area, I have a house heated by propane, an emergency generator driven off expanded propane tanks, and UPS connections on the internet. While I don't anticipate the collapses foreseen by many here, I guess I'm as prepared as anyone.
Does that mean you're prepared to defend the homestead with a network of friends and grow food? You're finally coming around, Bob!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
spottybrowncow wrote:

I'm blocked too. I'm in Asia.

John

Post by John »

** 20-Feb-2021 World View: Tablet
spottybrowncow wrote:
> John may feel this post may be more accurately placed in another
> thread, but I found this article so compelling that I wanted to
> put it where I think the most people will see it. It's the most
> detailed and believable analysis of what appears to be going on in
> the U.S. now that I've seen.

> https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... ty-tyrants

> I followed some but not all of the many included hyperlinks, and
> they all appear to accurately support the points made. As always,
> if anyone spots misleading or fallacious claims in the text, I
> would ask them to share their observations with us.
Guest wrote:
> This magazine seems to be blocked in my country. Or is the magazine
> down?
spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:48 am

> I don't know if it's blocked, but a friend of mine in South Africa
> had the same problem with another article from that site. I don't
> know what the laws are, but I could easily make a pdf of the
> article and maybe attach it somewhere if it's OK.
I made a password-protected pdf of the article:

http://generationaldynamics.com/gdgraph ... 0220-p.pdf

The password is tablet.

Post by Guest »

After reading the article, I can see why it has been blocked in so many countries.

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:38 pm
After reading the article, I can see why it has been blocked in so many countries.
This is shocking but not surprising. It looks like game over for America. And if America falls, freedom dies with it.

Post by guest »

The article appears to have been deleted.