Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

TeW wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:06 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 pm
The world is preparing for a post-America world. America will just be another Mexico in two or three years. Sure hope you speak Spanish.
I studied French. My family bought a modest house in France in 1986, and it was Idyllic. Things started to change in 1994. After staying there in 2005 I realized that I should have studied Arabic or a dialect of the Bantu. In 2009, the French family who lived behind us were attacked in broad daylight, a violent daylight home invasion that left the family physically and mentally broken and maimed for life. They moved to ________ and we shuttered the house that no one worth more then ten cents would buy and haven't been back since. I saw a video on Twitter last year of Africans and Arabs fighting in the town just three blocks away from our front door. So much for France.

With my parents now passed and my sister married and living in______, I have decided to buy a small house in _________ (a former part of Austria-Hungry). Most of the young there speak English well and the rest speak English well enough. Most don't speak Spanish, so if you speak English there, you will be way ahead.

I am not really upset about America imploding because I knew it was coming back in the late 80s. I am upset about France. The French know how to enjoy life even if they don't have much money.

I hope civilized and unwoke Americans can escape and find a safe haven. I have. I am only in my early 50s, and the America I knew is completely gone. Some posters can see it clearly, those that don't must live at the end of a long country road protected by a trust fund that has blinded them to reality. If you choose to stay in America or most lilkely can't afford to leave, good luck, you're going to need it.

Après moi, le déluge.
Where would you recommend, mon ami? Despues de mi, el diluvio ... de verdad

Post by Guest »

DaKardii wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:52 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:30 am
The Reichmark collapsed. Why not the US dollar, especially with the gargantuan debt load it is now carrying?
Here are some stats which illustrate just how bad our debt situation is right now:

National debt: $28.0 trillion
National debt per citizen: $84,800
National debt per taxpayer: $223,900

Federal tax revenue: $3.5 trillion
Federal tax revenue per citizen: $10,500

Total state debt: $1.2 trillion
State debt per citizen: $3,700

Total local debt: $2.1 trillion
Local debt per citizen: $6,400

Total interest paid: $3.8 trillion
Interest paid per adult: $15,100

Savings per family: $26,100

Total personal debt: $82.6 trillion
Personal debt per citizen: $64,100

Total student loan debt: $1.7 trillion
Student loan debt per student: $38,500

Total credit card debt: $969.6 billion
Credit card debt per holder: $6,100

Total assets: $158.2 trillion
Assets per citizen: $479,100

Total liabilities: $159.5 trillion
Liabilities per citizen: $483,200

Net worth of the USA: -$1.3 trillion
Net worth per citizen: -$4,100

Source: https://www.usdebtclock.org/
Couldn't America just default? America still has vast resources and innovation. This level of debt is pointless. It will never be paid back and it is draining our finances.

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:35 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 pm
The world is preparing for a post-America world. America will just be another Mexico in two or three years. Sure hope you speak Spanish.
Two or three? Ha, talk about operation warp speed. This is a whole new level of doomsday on the board.
I don't think so. Where I grew up, the demographic changes have been startling. I don't live in Cali, but I have several neighbors who have. They share this view. With Biden and Team Obama running the show, it will be Operation Warp Speed.

I hope I can find a life boat and float away from the sinking ship called America.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

America doesn't sink until the interest payments on each year's budget (debt) are the historical standard for worry. But yes, that day is approaching, even with yield curve control. They are about 10% at this point, and we have less productivity and will have less year and year. If rates were to go to 5% even, we'd have 50% of the budget being interest, which is beyond confidence collapse even for the historical superpower and economy like the US. Typically, currencies have collapsed as the country approaches 40% yearly debt interest. As you can see, we are close and teetering, and the world isn't that far off either, if not further on than the US (Euro). Japan flirted with this last decade, but reversed its course enough to stave it off.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:07 pm
Couldn't America just default? America still has vast resources and innovation. This level of debt is pointless. It will never be paid back and it is draining our finances.
It's one of the options, but actually the least likely. Why? Kicking the can and causing inflation is even easier. Defaulting is such a trauma, and felt so hard when it is done (even if the right step), they'd never do it. Sheesh, they can't even run a positive budget for 1 year due to the fear that that's too "painful". So you know they'd never default.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:00 pm
It's one of the options, but actually the least likely. Why? Kicking the can and causing inflation is even easier. Defaulting is such a trauma, and felt so hard when it is done (even if the right step), they'd never do it. Sheesh, they can't even run a positive budget for 1 year due to the fear that that's too "painful". So you know they'd never default.
The Fed won't back down on pumping money

https://www.wsj.com/articles/feds-powel ... 1614872817

Post by Guest »

That article requires a subscription.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:58 pm
That article requires a subscription.
My bad. Here's another one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/04/why-the ... ation.html

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

I wouldn't ordinarily reference Fox News here because, while more balanced than some others, it still has a right-wing slant. However, Tucker Carlson so "nailed it" with his recent assessment of goings-on at the Capital that I thought it was worth sharing. Some members of this forum like to reference "tribalism," and he touches upon that, also.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... beral-fear

tim

Post by tim »

The Texas arctic weather disaster is a great example of the lack of foresight and inability of most people to look beyond the scope of their own experiences to be prepared for rare but not impossible events that history shows will occur at some point.

Apparently the last time Texas got that cold for that long was in the late 1890's and possibly the late 1940's.

So for your average Texan, who did not live to see such weather in Texas as they were not around to see the previous arctic weather events, the idea of subzero temperatures coming to their home and staying there for days was not something they were ever concerned about. Yet it happened as it happened before and will happen again.

Humans are unable to learn beyond the scope of their own personal lives and experiences, which is why the 80 year cycle is human nature.

From The Fourth Turning, page 317, How you Should Prepare:
Reflect on what happens when a terrible winter blizzard strikes. You hear the weather warning but probably fail to act on it. The sky darkens. Then the storm hits with full fury, and the air is a howling whiteness. One by one, your links to the machine age break down. Electricity flickers out, cutting off the TV. Batteries fade, cutting of the radio. Phones go dead. Roads become impassible, and cars get stuck. Food supplies dwindle. Day-to-day vestiges of modern civilization-bank machines, mutual funds, mass retailers, computers, satellites, airplanes, governments-all recede into irrelevance. The storm strips you bare, reducing your world to a small number of elemental forces-some bad, others good. On the bad side are the elements of nature. On the good are whatever scraps of social cohesion you can muster, from your own family's survival skills to neighbors who pitch in and share, to a family who lends you a truck-mounted plow because you once helped them out in a pinch.

Picture yourself and your loves ones in the midst of a howling blizzard that lasts for several years. Think about what you would need, who could help you, and why your fate might matter to anybody other then yourself. That is how to plan for a saecular winter.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5