Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by John »

** 06-Mar-2021 World View: Dynasties
JCP wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:11 am
> When are you going to release your Vietnam book?
I've been buried the last two weeks reviewing and enhancing the stuff
about the Ly and Tran Dynasties. However, I'm now coming up for air.
I still expect to publish the book in March.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:47 pm
Yes Higg. That's what i was thinking. Odds are it won't be a minor downtime with opportunities for leisure. I also don't hope for the worst but something in between would be survivable. I did like the idea of finding a local girl in a well placed family in S America, if I was single. So you'd be marrying into wealth regardless.
I love how he presumes I don't know what I'm doing or won't have contingencies.

Unlike Higgy, I have actually thought things out. He hasn't which is why he presumes I haven't, and why he is missing out on the greatest innovation of all time in the financial sector, and the biggest change the world has seen since the internet, since it is a (cryptographic) tangent of the internet.

Fools like Higgy (I say that on this issue, on other issues, he may be wise) were yelling at others during the internet rise. "Ha, it's fake. It's a bubble, it'll never take place. It'll be useless. Whatever. We already have fax machines and Xerox copiers."

Do you realize how unbelievably unaware they are of what they don't know anything about?

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Sounds compelling. Maybe you could tell us more about your great escape and how it's fool proof because you have the magical digital money. Like gold. But, gold was everywhere in S America and they didn't care so much for it as Europeans did.
I've travelled enough as well to know that when hard times come you won't be on the receiving end of anything but blame. Because it's your country seen as partially to blame. Probably safer to get a safe house domestically and prepare. If you can. Unless you're waiting to become a rich guy with all your gambling, we, investing.
And you're in the house of central banks with currency alternatives. Money is their domain. I hear they have a digital alternative. Doubt they will allow competition?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

FullMoon wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:04 pm
I've travelled enough as well to know that when hard times come you won't be on the receiving end of anything but blame. Because it's your country seen as partially to blame.
When I traveled to the former Soviet Union after it collapsed (the purpose of the trip was to observe the collapse first hand and learn something), there were a few typical bombastic, nauseating Americans who were easily spotted. On the Lufthansa flight in, the flight attendant offered drinks by asking in German, English, Russian, etc. As she came down the aisle, she got every one right until she came to me. She asked me in German and I said "Water" and we both smiled. I thought, well, maybe I'm doing something right. The matriarch of the family I stayed with said I could pass for an East German and would be OK.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:59 am
FullMoon wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:47 pm
Yes Higg. That's what i was thinking. Odds are it won't be a minor downtime with opportunities for leisure. I also don't hope for the worst but something in between would be survivable. I did like the idea of finding a local girl in a well placed family in S America, if I was single. So you'd be marrying into wealth regardless.
I love how he presumes I don't know what I'm doing or won't have contingencies.

Unlike Higgy, I have actually thought things out. He hasn't which is why he presumes I haven't, and why he is missing out on the greatest innovation of all time in the financial sector, and the biggest change the world has seen since the internet, since it is a (cryptographic) tangent of the internet.

Fools like Higgy (I say that on this issue, on other issues, he may be wise) were yelling at others during the internet rise. "Ha, it's fake. It's a bubble, it'll never take place. It'll be useless. Whatever. We already have fax machines and Xerox copiers."

Do you realize how unbelievably unaware they are of what they don't know anything about?
This is just more pied piper drivel. You've posted nothing of any value here, ever. You don't have the mental capacity to plan anything out. You just now realized you can't sit on the beach in South America.

The only thing I really said to my office mates during the Internet bubble was not to speculate in those stocks (they all were) but to buy gold instead. None of them wanted to buy gold. At the time, I just said there would be a Depression after the Internet bubble collapsed.

How many sites are you posting this sales pitch on? You seem to swoop in here and hurriedly post from time to time.

Cool Breeze and "the drink beachside"? Sounds like a sales pitch.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Phong Tran

Post by Phong Tran »

John wrote:

about the Le and Tran Dynasties. However, I'm now coming up for air.
Hi John,

Just one other thought about the book. I'm wondering if the sub title "How Vietnam became an economic powerhouse after the Vietnam War" may be a bit misleading as only Part II really talks about Vietnam's economic history and policies which is only about 10-15% of the book. Anyone purchasing the book based on the title might be expecting the topic to be at least 30-35% of the book.

Cheers,
Phong

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Sounds compelling. Maybe you could tell us more about your great escape and how it's fool proof because you have the magical digital money. Like gold. But, gold was everywhere in S America and they didn't care so much for it as Europeans did.
I've travelled enough as well to know that when hard times come you won't be on the receiving end of anything but blame. Because it's your country seen as partially to blame. Probably safer to get a safe house domestically and prepare. If you can. Unless you're waiting to become a rich guy with all your gambling, we, investing.
And you're in the house of central banks with currency alternatives. Money is their domain. I hear they have a digital alternative. Doubt they will allow competition?
What if there is just slow degradation and we all lament the shitty, anti-Consitution state of US affairs, but at least we have an out from monetary repression? If you are a GD guy and doomsayer, God is your only way out. He's the only way out anyway. If you all are wrong on the quality of the collapse (just bad decline, on and on) your future without BTC is much, much worse.

This is so obvious I would have let it go if you all weren't so insolent, but now I'll be dunking in your face when it gets to 100k and beyond.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:33 pm
FullMoon wrote:
What if there is just slow degradation and we all lament the shitty, anti-Consitution state of US affairs, but at least we have an out from monetary repression? If you are a GD guy and doomsayer, God is your only way out. He's the only way out anyway. If you all are wrong on the quality of the collapse (just bad decline, on and on) your future without BTC is much, much worse.

This is so obvious I would have let it go if you all weren't so insolent, but now I'll be dunking in your face when it gets to 100k and beyond.
God helps those who help themselves. Regarding proper disaster preparedness and self sufficiency, which is useful in many instances, including collapse, we could say is a good idea. If doing so takes the majority of your excess funds, then the expenditure is an investment worth more than a monetary gain by "investing" in anything else. It's priority#1, and only after this has been accomplished, then investing financially begins. For the safety and comfort of my family, I will need to spend 6 digits easily. After which, we can assume most annual living expenses will be covered. Well water, solar energy, wood/geothermal heat, food gathering/production. Everything we will need to live will be paid for in advance. Our fundamental difference in perspective is the value of life. If you have the responsibility to protect others including children and elderly, risk perspective changes. We're approaching a dangerous time, when money may not buy you necessary life requirements. Regarding the possibility, any time the possibility of the death of my children is above zero, risk management immediately deploys. Our society is above %10 chance collapse or WW. Probably much higher rate than that. A decade ago I shrugged it off. But it's just been getting worse and now it's not just the Cassandra who spoke almost 20 years ago about it. It's a popular topic now.
You and Bob both think we're in or near the worst time of the turning and it will get better. Myself and others are just less optimistic, seeing over a longer timeframe the trajectory and rate of decline pointing to something unimaginable. You call it doom and gloom. We call it realistic probability increasing at a rapid rate.

JCP

Post by JCP »

John wrote:
JCP wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:11 am
> When are you going to release your Vietnam book?
about the Ly and Tran Dynasties. However, I'm now coming up for air.
I already have mulitple copies of your eariler books, I plan to but the new one plus one extra copy of the others to give to friends (who I think would be receptive to them).

Post by Guest »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:29 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:44 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:32 pm

Interesting you say that. My plan has been to survive for a year, then take a look around and decide what to do from there.
We're on the same page. Now if you just let that emotional baggage go, and you are right about the coming badness (though it won't be quite as bad as you think) you'll be thanking God for the guy you read on the internet that told you how valuable BTC really was and is.

I'll be taking in a drink with an umbrella in the sun in South America, and you know what, I'll buy you one too when you come down and we have all the fiat we desire to make local transactions because we have BTC as collateral, backing the stupid fiat that others take, because they didn't have the foresight to recognize the soundest money and network effect of all time.
Now that was funny. I can see you have a great imagination. If there's anybody here I would bet on, it would be Tim in his concrete bunker.

Here's the far more probable scenario, if Bitcoin has any value when you arrive in South America. A local strongman gets wind of the fact that you are purchasing things. He sends one of his men out to investigate. His men report back that they suspect you have a hidden asset. The local strongman orders your capture. If you don't know what comes next, the Guest from Chechnya will fill you in on the rest.
I have lived in Latin America and have even befriended ex-presidents of entire countries and their families, and I would never retreat to one of those places now. The Latin American elites keep most of their money in foreign banks (usually Miami). They had almost zero faith in their own banking systems. And yes, in most Latin America countries, the local caciques or drug dealers will take what you have (along with any women in your family). Central America is the worst part of Latin America.

Yeah, yeah, I know...Everything is going great and the gringos that complain are just racist until it happens to you...