Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FullMoon

Re: Chinese Finance

Post by FullMoon »

Navigator wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm
The following is an excellent article on ZeroHedge about the Evergrand financial disaster unfolding in China:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/many- ... management

In the past, the Chinese have always blamed the USA for their financial setbacks, and I believe they will still try to do so, but it will be difficult given what has been going on for years with these Ponzi type "Wealth Management Products". In fact, it may accelerate the CCP doing something to take the focus off of this (and similar) mess.

Also, someone posted a week or so ago about the Chinese having difficulty with feeding everyone in the event of a war. I tried to find this post but missed it somehow. In any case, this is very true, and is the Achilles heel of China (always has been, this is why so much of Chinese food is often a collection of things that nobody else would eat, but will fend off starvation).

China of WW3 will have a similar experience to Germany of WW1, in that the inability to bring in imports will cause mass starvation. Starvation in Germany was so bad in WW1, that the Germans, who were neither bombed nor invaded in that war, lost as many civilians to starvation as they did in WW2 to the bombings and battles that were fought in Germany proper (which included the Russians getting into Germany and the battle of Berlin).

Invading China to end the war will be extremely problematic. As the Japanese experienced, it is nearly impossible to occupy China. In the end, I would estimate that the Chinese will give up in a fashion similar to the Kaiser at the end of WW1. The country is never occupied (but is starved), the people overthrow the government in order to end the war, and the ruler(s) end up being able to go into a cushy exile somewhere.
Regarding starvation, would a lack of oil or EMP disabling farm machinery also cause starvation here?

Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

The quick answer is that, in the short term, yes. It is not just about food production, it is mostly about food distribution. Hence the need to have a couple of months of the basics to get by. Americans are very good at finding solutions, and that is what we will do, but it won't happen right away.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 pm
What are Turkey and Iran going to ally over? They don't even like each other and don't have congruent aims. The one thing they have in common is they both want to be the great power in the Middle East and only one country can have they spot.

Saudi Arabia and Iran will not ally unless and until there is regime change in both countries. At best they would be co-belligerents and that is hard see too.

I think Iran hates Israel quite a bit more than the US; take a look at where they're spending their money. This level of hatred can't be changed by anything the US does other than other than completely removing itself from the Middle East and allowing Iran to do whatever it wants there. Blaming the US for this is like blaming the UK for Nazi Germany.

Saudi Arabia isn't particularly interested in going to war because 1. it's bad for business 2. it's military doesn't perform well. Look at Yemen and how well the Saudi military performed. And the Saudi's aren't particularly interested in murdering all the Shiites in the country. You're talking around 3 million people and while Shiites are second class citizens, not particularly more than all the foreigners in the country.
1) Turkey and Iran both hate the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel, so it's possible we could see them ally for that reason.

2) In most circumstances, co-belligerents are de facto allies.

3) If you think Saudi Arabia is going about like it's "business as usual," then you clearly don't understand (or accept) the core concept of Generational Dynamics. Saudi Arabia hasn't had a crisis war since the 1920s, and it's way overdue for one. If it's not in a fifth turning era, then it's definitely in a crisis era. And that means its current leadership will be much less inclined to go about like it's "business as usual" than their predecessors were.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:59 pm
The difference is that Russia is a dictatorship and France is not. The French people have no interest in military adventures or conquest. And what makes you think Macron will win the Presidential election next year? He's sitting at around 25% support right now. Unless it comes down to him against Le Pen, chances are good there will be a new person in the job next April.
The American foreign policy establishment doesn't care about democracy or dictatorships. All they care about is whether or not you "obey." If you aren't "obedient," then you will be targeted for destruction. And neither Putin nor Macron have been "obedient."

And while the American foreign policy establishment obviously still prefers Macron over Le Pen, if Macron continues to be "disobedient," then chances are they will contemplate backing a third individual to defeat both Macron and Le Pen. And of course, that's assuming they don't resort to a color revolution or coup, which would install someone would (1) likely be someone few have heard about; and (2) be a total puppet willing to intentionally sabotage his/her country in order to satisfy Washington.

Navigator

Military Leadership

Post by Navigator »

Even a songwriter agrees with me on the AFG debacle and military leadership:

From an article on National Review
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morn ... ghanistan/

A New Protest Song from John Ondrasik

Singer-songwriter John Ondrasik raises a good point about “Blood on My Hands,” his new protest song about the plight of Afghans, which criticizes President Joe Biden and the U.S. withdrawal from that country. The pertinent question is not why he’s so outspoken about the horrors witnessed in Afghanistan over the past six weeks; the better question is why the rest of the music industry is so uncharacteristically quiet about a brutal regime that is literally killing people for the crime of creating music.

In late August, Afghan folk singer Fawad Andarabi was dragged from his home and killed by the Taliban. One of Afghanistan’s most prominent pop singers fled to Istanbul, leaving on a US military-evacuation plane to a base in Doha, Qatar. The Afghanistan National Institute of Music is closed, with no word on whether it will ever reopen. The Taliban are banning music in public again, like the last time they ruled the country, deeming it un-Islamic. Members of an internationally renowned orchestra of Afghan women and girls remain stuck in Afghanistan, after an attempt to get them out through Kabul’s airport in the last days of the U.S. war failed. Ondrasik himself has heard from those still in Afghanistan about a music school that was burned to the ground.

“To this day, I don’t understand the lack of an outcry, especially from the music community,” Ondrasik said in a Monday morning interview. “Where are the benefit concerts? Where are the protest songs, the protests outside the White House? This is why I think tribalism has corroded our souls. . . . Why isn’t Fawad [Andarabi] on the cover of Rolling Stone?”

Ondrasik said the inspiration for “Blood on My Hands” came at three distinct points during the early weeks of the crisis in Afghanistan. The first was the horrific sights of the chaotic evacuations in the first days after the fall of Kabul. The second came during a phone call from a friend whom Ondrasik describes as spending her career involved with humanitarian work all around the globe.

“She said, ‘I’m organizing evacs for AmCits, LPRs, and SIVs,’ and she’s spitting out all these acronyms,” Ondrasik recalled. “I asked, ‘What’s an AmCit?’ and she said, ‘That’s an American citizen.’ I said, ‘You’re going to risk your life, and private citizens like you are going to do the same, to rescue Americans we left behind?’ And this is a tough person, and she started crying, and she said yes. I thought, ‘What is happening? What world are we living in?’”

“The song sort of wrote itself when the president came out and gave his ‘extraordinary success’ speech,” at the end of August, Ondrasik said. “Most of us were insulted. It’s hard for someone like me to criticize the military. [Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark] Milley and [Secretary of Defense Lloyd] Austin, I figured they would say, ‘this is not an extraordinary success, but here’s the plan.’ And then they didn’t. They echoed what Biden said, and that was scary. I’ve always felt that our presidents may not have the greatest intentions, but that the military were the adults in the room. When I saw that, I realized, this is spouting the company line, like some hack in the basement.”

Indeed, “Blood on my Hands” calls out members of Biden’s cabinet as much as the president himself.

Winkin’ Blinken

Can’t you look in my eyes?

Willy Milley

Tell me when did you decide

‘This we’ll defend’

Your sacred motto

Now means . . .

‘Never Mind’

General Austin

Is there no honor in shame

Can you spell Bagram

Without the letters in Blame

The fact that Milley and Austin played along with Biden’s implausibly rosy assessment “really made me angry, more at Milley, and Austin and [Secretary of State Antony] Blinken than at Biden,” Ondrasik said. “To me, it is inexcusable that there have been no resignations, and no one has been fired, the lack of accountability.”

Ondrasik said the song has already garnered a strong and supportive reaction, although it is not really a song that can be enjoyed.

John

Post by John »

** 21-Sep-2021 World View: Love and obedience
DaKardii wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:53 pm
> 1) Turkey and Iran both hate the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel, so
> it's possible we could see them ally for that reason.
The younger generations in Iran love the US and the West. The
hardline survivors of the 1979 civil war use the US and Israel as
foils to justify whatever they want to do.
DaKardii wrote:
> The American foreign policy establishment doesn't care about
> democracy or dictatorships. All they care about is whether or not
> you "obey." If you aren't "obedient," then you will be targeted
> for destruction. And neither Putin nor Macron have been
> "obedient."
This is totally bizarre and perhaps even paranoid. I'm not aware of
any countries that "obey" the US, except to follow normal diplomatic
protocols, or which obey the US any more than we obey them, nor am I
aware of any countries that we've destroyed because they weren't
"obedient."

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

John wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:29 pm
** 21-Sep-2021 World View: Love and obedience
DaKardii wrote:
> 1) Turkey and Iran both hate the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel, so
> it's possible we could see them ally for that reason.
The younger generations in Iran love the US and the West. The
hardline survivors of the 1979 civil war use the US and Israel as
foils to justify whatever they want to do.
DaKardii wrote:
> The American foreign policy establishment doesn't care about
> democracy or dictatorships. All they care about is whether or not
> you "obey." If you aren't "obedient," then you will be targeted
> for destruction. And neither Putin nor Macron have been
> "obedient."
This is totally bizarre and perhaps even paranoid. I'm not aware of
any countries that "obey" the US, except to follow normal diplomatic
protocols, or which obey the US any more than we obey them, nor am I
aware of any countries that we've destroyed because they weren't
"obedient."
John, you are correct that the younger generations in Iran love the USA and the West. But they certainly have no love for Saudi Arabia. They would be okay with joining an anti-Saudi alliance even if that means going against the USA and the West; and especially if that means going against China whoever it recruits into its "Sunni allies" camp. Which, btw, will include at least one of the following two countries: Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

As for countries we've destroyed or tried to destroy for "disobedience," they include Iraq, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, Turkey, Venezuela, China, Iran, Russia, etc. And that's just in the post-Cold War era.

John

Post by John »

** 21-Sep-2021 World View: Countries destroy for disobeying the US
DaKardii wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:54 pm
> As for countries we've destroyed or tried to destroy for
> "disobedience," they include Iraq, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, Turkey,
> Venezuela, China, Iran, Russia, etc. And that's just in the
> post-Cold War era.
You're completely out of touch with reality.

Iraq - Iraq annexed Kuwait, and we ejected Iraq from Kuwait.

Libya - Hundreds of thousands of refugees were pouring out of Libya
into Egypt and Italy, and the Arab League demanded EU intervention.

** 5-Mar-16 World View -- A look back at Libya in 2011 as the West debates another military intervention
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160305

Syria - Bashar al-Assad responded to peaceful protests by massive
genocide of Arab Sunnis. Al-Assad would have lost, but begged
intervention from Russia, Iran and Hezbollah. It turned into a proxy
war between Turkey and Russia. The Americans had a small role to kill
al-Baghdadi and protect the Kurds.

Ukraine - Ukraine is being destroyed by Russia. Russia has already
annexed Crimea, and may annex Donbas.

Turkey - Can't think of anything relevant.

Venezuela -- was destroyed by Hugo Chávez and Nicolás Maduro.

China - Has China been destroyed? I'll have to update my book.

Iran - Who are you claiming destroyed Iran -- Obama, Trump or Biden?

Russia - Russia has done a very good job under Putin of destroying
itself.

That list you posted looks like a joke.

Guest in Seoul

Post by Guest in Seoul »

thomasglee wrote: ↑Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:36 pm
The Moon regime has become more and more dismissive toward the USA over the past several years. South Korean manufacturers are heavily dependent on China and China is dependant on Korea for technologies that can be used in 5G networks. I suspect China and Korea will align against the USA and Japan. South Korea and China needed the Kim family (or at least Kim Jong Un) out of the way to achieve this goal. KJU and Trump were getting along too well and KJU doesn't/didn't want to lose the power and wealth he maintains by a divided Korea. He is not nearly as ideological as his father and grandfather. With KJU out of the way, a confederation between the north and south can be created, giving south Korea access to nuclear and missile technologies, which they will likely use to act as a blocking force against Japan and/or Taiwan in a war between the USA and China. To me, it is becoming more and more clear where south Korea's loyalties are going to lie. Throughout Korea's history, they have been a tributary state to China (or Japan) and it looks like they are going back to that model.
Do you think South Koreans want to live like North Koreans? So Thomas Glee was unhappy (whose fault was that?!) in South Korea, so he dismisses everyone there as an idiot?
South Korean manufacturers are heavily dependent on China
So are America companies.
a confederation between the north and south can be created, giving south Korea access to nuclear and missile technologies,
South Korea has better nuclear tech than NK. The South can build nuclear weapons whenever they like. They could have operational bombs within weeks, maybe less than that. North Korea is a stone age country compared to South Korea.
To me, it is becoming more and more clear where south Korea's loyalties are going to lie.
As clear as mud.
more clear where south Korea's loyalties are going to lie. Throughout Korea's history, they have been a tributary state to China (or Japan) and it looks like they are going back to that mode
That was forced upon Koreans by asshole kings who lacked the will to fight. South Koreans will never surrender. We know what our fates will be.

You are an ignorant and vindictive idiot.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:35 pm
itself.
It's funny that you think Russia is "destroying" itself.

The West (British descendant colonies) has or is planning on covid concentration camps (Australia best example).

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:34 pm
John wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:35 pm
itself.
It's funny that you think Russia is "destroying" itself.

The West (British descendant colonies) has or is planning on covid concentration camps (Australia best example).
Interesting... References requested please.