Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum
John

Re: Anti Vaccination Problem...

Post by John »

** 30-Nov-2021 World View: Off your meds
Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:50 pm
> I am more concerned that some people are letting Covid linger.
> Originally, Trump thought a strong economy would win him
> reelection. Thus started the do not cure Covid / do not save
> lives thing. If we could have gotten enough people vaccinated,
> the deaths, isolation, travel restrictions and economic disruption
> cold have ended. Now? The lack of concern for their fellow men
> and rejection of science and prudence is a Red Killer. I will
> admit it didn't bother me that much when it was primarily stupid
> people choosing the right to kill themselves, but killing the
> general public is a problem.
I agree with FullMoon. You're going completely off the cliff. Trump
was responsible for the getting the vaccines developed, and they were
announced the week after the election. At that point, Trump
immediately started the vaccination process.

It would have been impossible for Trump to get people vaccinated
before the vaccines were available. You understand that, right?

Trump was responsible for getting the vaccines developed. At that
point, Kamala, Biden and Cuomo all sabotaged the vaccination process
by calling them "Trump vaccines," saying that they were dangerous, and
telling people not to get vaccinated. Blacks particularly listened to
Kamala and Biden, and a lot of them are refusing to be vaccinated.

Once Biden took office, he bumbled one thing after another, reacting
to Fauci's weekly change of advice.

As for travel restrictions, Trump had it right in January 2020 because
there were no other choices. But today, there are many vaccines,
therapeutics, and other choices. No travel restrictions are even
necessary or effective today. The Omicron variant is spreading in
numerous countries, but Biden has selectively blocked travel only from
African countries, which is racist and xenophobic, but not suprising
consider Biden's lifetime history of being a racist and White
Supremacist.

In one area after another, your nonsense is falling apart. You've
criticized Trump for not vaccinating people before the vaccines were
available, which is ridiculous. Your definition of "tribal thinking"
is wrong, but if it were right, it would mean that you and the KKK
Democrats are the worst examples of "tribal thinkers." And all your
stuff about the southern strategy causing Republicans and Democrats to
switch places has been shown to be anti-historical and complete
nonsense.

So your whole worldview is falling apart. As FullMoon has suggested,
you'd better go back on your meds before you do something dangerous.

Bob Butler

Liar John

Post by Bob Butler »

Trump claimed credit for the first vaccine. Shortly after it was reported, correctly, that the people who developed it did it with their own funds and had nothing to do with a Trump program. He was just lying to claim false credit.

I don't really have to point out that in the US the Democrats are going with the science and preserving lives, the Republicans with shunning precautions and death. You might try to twist that fact, but it is a little late.

FullMoon

Re: Liar John

Post by FullMoon »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:43 pm
Trump claimed credit for the first vaccine. Shortly after it was reported, correctly, that the people who developed it did it with their own funds and had nothing to do with a Trump program. He was just lying to claim false credit.

I don't really have to point out that in the US the Democrats are going with the science and preserving lives, the Republicans with shunning precautions and death. You might try to twist that fact, but it is a little late.
There's no twisting of facts. They're public knowledge and not overly difficult to comprehend.
It's just that interpretation is different. And facts don't matter anymore to those who've chosen a side and cannot fathom that the talking points would be anything but the truth.

Bob Butler

World Views

Post by Bob Butler »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:43 pm

There's no twisting of facts. They're public knowledge and not overly difficult to comprehend.
It's just that interpretation is different. And facts don't matter anymore to those who've chosen a side and cannot fathom that the talking points would be anything but the truth.
I see it a bit different. There are worldviews. Three of them might be scientific, religious, and political. The scientist learns of the world by examining the world. The religious might believe in the literal truth of the Bible. The political might believe whatever is presented by a political party. If the truth as flavored by one's primary worldview contradicts what another with a different worldview declares, he just rejects the different perspective.

I'm much more of the scientific worldview, and dubious of the others. Other people without scientific perspectives might sincerely believe in their worldviews. They may not perceive what they are saying as falsehoods. But if your source of information is other than observing reality, the end result could not be viewed as anything but twisted.

Now not everything can be known by observation and experiment. If I present democracy, equality and human rights as beneficial to a culture, science would have a heck of a problem proving it, but it beats oppression, prejudice, violence and lies.

FullMoon

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by FullMoon »

Gibberish. Science isn't in you reportoire.
Repetition of dogmatic gibberish, insults, and instigation of violence are what you're good at. Reply with gibberish and prove me correct if would, please.

Bob Butler

World Views

Post by Bob Butler »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:25 pm
Repetition of dogmatic gibberish, insults, and instigation of violence are what you're good at. Reply with gibberish and prove me correct if would, please.
Well, my degree is in Engineering, which is a bit different, but you had still best act with respect to reality rather than what some book written millennia ago or some politician claims. Take my post above as an example.

Seeing another's view as gibberish just means you are not educated enough or intelligent enough to comprehend another's world view. You are locked into your own. See your own post above as an example.

FullMoon

Re: World Views

Post by FullMoon »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:36 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:25 pm
Well, my degree is in Engineering, which is a bit different, but you had still best act with respect to reality rather than what some book written millennia ago or some politician claims. Take my post above as an example.

Seeing another's view as gibberish just means you are not educated enough or intelligent enough to comprehend another's world view. You are locked into your own. See your own post above as an example.
Thank you for replying and proving me correct.
You unequivocally have proven locked into your worldview and unable to comprehend outside of that.
Your knowledge of the conditions surrounding the pandemic display, without a doubt, that you only know what you've been told by politicians. And that you fervently believe it as well.

Cool Breeze

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by Cool Breeze »

thinker wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:44 am
From where I sit things are not looking good for the China Olympics, it looks like it's going to be a disaster.
I read the other day on twitter a news headline that said that in the previous month there had been 10k rapes and 6k murders in South Africa. one of the people answering the tweet said he is a South African and that this was tribal violence, another South African twitter user posted an article about a young white South African that speaks the Zulu language and a young Zulu who are working together to bring "unity" to South Africa. What I believe is happening is that the civil war is starting and this unity even if it's driven by a hope for piece will eventually develop into a war alliance between the White South Africans , Indian South Africans and the Zulu tribe versus the other tribes.
On the covid front the powers that be don't want this to end , they want us on boosters and living in fear and controlled for the rest of our lives. To anyone actually paying attention and looking at the facts it is obvious that the vaccines don't work and that covid is not the "death machine" that they have been promoting with their propaganda. Bob butler talked about "tolerance for the murderers" who refuse to get vaccinated running out, but I doubt he has the stones needed to do anything about it , further more I don't think he has thought about what happens when the "murderers" that refuse to be vaccinated lab rats run out of patience with the people threatening them. Bob I am a latin immigrant and I would rather live in the America that you view as racist and backwards and I know latins and other minorities and if you think that you will do well in your progressive fantasy land that you want to live in all I can say is you are in for a rude awakening, men like you are simply not respected in those cultures and often times are not tolerated. Another thing on covid that I forgot to mention is that my state Florida has done things differently from all other states, we have actually been pro personal freedom and more against lockdowns, mask mandates, and vaccine mandates, and currently we have the lowest per capita infection rate amongst all 50 states and we didn't destroy our economy and infringe on the rights of our citizens to do it.
I didn't know that fishbelly was back, I am glad he is back as I think he added a lot to the discussions here , however I am not seeing any of his posts.
thinker is a thinker = good man.

Those who rely on collectivism, that is, unhealthy central authoritarian collectivism, are losers. That's why they do it. You can bet your ass if you met guys like bish in real life you'd see just how much of a pussy they really are. He could be nice, but since he can't truly compete with the real world he virtue signals via the collective (since he doesn't believe in anything) to suggest that he's a "good" person and tries to do the same to get in girls pants, who ultimately can't stand him, anyway. They've been doing this stuff for years and it's quite clear it's all a scam for losers and the elites only allow it until it doesn't work anymore (coming soon to a theater near you).

Bob Butler

Re: World Views

Post by Bob Butler »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:48 pm
Thank you for replying and proving me correct.
You unequivocally have proven locked into your worldview and unable to comprehend outside of that.
Your knowledge of the conditions surrounding the pandemic display, without a doubt, that you only know what you've been told by politicians. And that you fervently believe it as well.
Well, somebody is correct. Once again you show no intelligence or understanding of other's worldviews. You show you did not understand how I change my view on reading an experienced doctor's opinion.

Bob Butler

Collectivism

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:21 pm
Those who rely on collectivism, that is, unhealthy central authoritarian collectivism, are losers. That's why they do it. You can bet your ass if you met guys like bish in real life you'd see just how much of a pussy they really are. He could be nice, but since he can't truly compete with the real world he virtue signals via the collective (since he doesn't believe in anything) to suggest that he's a "good" person and tries to do the same to get in girls pants, who ultimately can't stand him, anyway. They've been doing this stuff for years and it's quite clear it's all a scam for losers and the elites only allow it until it doesn't work anymore (coming soon to a theater near you).
Collectivism would be working for the group rather than working for yourself. I see selfishness peaking with the S&H unravelling, while working for the country is common in the crisis. It is cyclical. There are advantages and times for each, but the strong Ideals of America came in the crises... Kings and colonial imprialism were quashed in the Revolution. Slavery and preventing expansion were killed in the Civil War. The government regulating the economy and US involvement in containment came with FDR's time.

These are not scams and are being continued. Do you see us being treated as a colony, slavery returning, or a return to isolation? I see selfish gifts from the government to the elites as being typical of the unravelling selfishness. It has its time and purpose but I am disgusted by it.

And I believe in the above and more. The Republicans have been embodying obstructionism, in not solving problems. Covid, structural racism, infrastructure, the environment, they have found reasons to not solve the problems we are facing. Recognizing and solving such problems are what you do in a crisis. I can see people enthralled by racism. I can see wanting small government and low taxes that result from ignoring problems. But the problems are real and are going to be solved. As usual, the conservative memes of leaving the culture unchanged, the problems unsolved, are apt to fade and be shunned.