Re: Religion / End Times

Post by Cool Breeze »

thomasglee wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:31 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:41 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:04 am

Some time before 2035 is my estimation. Probably no later than 2026 is when it will begin.
What does it "begin" with thomas?
I can tell you what I believe... and that is that it does NOT start with a rapture of the Church. I am not a pre-tribber. The scriptures are clear that the rapture of the Church is not until the man of sin is revealed and just before the DAY of wrath.
The word shouldn't even be used. It's a made up term and made up theology, just like the idea that some random (not even semitic or believing) people need a plot of land over in the Middle East for the parousia to take place, lol

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

In looking at the timing of the upcoming cataclysmic events, which I believe will be very very soon, I can put out there a theory that I have heard.

This also comes from the biblical book of Revelation, which was obviously written in code, very hard to decipher, and a true "decoding" of what John is writing about can only come after the fact, or through another prophet or seer.

At the opening of the Seventh Seal, John says that there is silence in heaven for half an hour (Rev 8:1).

The theory goes that if each seal (thousand years) is represented by a day, then "half an hour" (a very specific, and very unusual time reference for the bible) is 20 years and 10 months. Now "half an hour", while very specific to us, could, in my thinking, mean anywhere from roughly 20 min to 40 min to an ancient. Those people did not think in terms of minutes, as they had no precision timekeeping. So, along the same interpretive lines, this would mean anywhere from 13 years and 11 months to 27 years and nine months.

But, going with the exact timing, (30 minutes), it would portend something happening at around 1 Nov 2021 (as the millennium starts in 2001, as there is no year 0). Added to this, one could say that since the Romans decided on 1 Jan as the start of the year, whereas other historical cultures start it in the spring (say 1 April), there could be a 4 months added to the 1 Nov 2021 date so that would put the end of the "silence" period in this theory to 1 Mar 2022.

The "silence" referred to in Revelations chapter 8 is followed by the calamities of chapter 9, which could well be a description of World War III.

Of course, this is all extremely speculative.

Navigator

Revelation related to End Times

Post by Navigator »

While the Bible contains a good bit of information on the "end times" prior to Christ's return, there is additional revelation on the topic available through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (latter days meaning "end times").

Many of these are found in a book of revelation called the "Doctrine and Covenants". This is from the 45th section:

24 And this I have told you concerning Jerusalem; and when that day shall come, shall a remnant be scattered among all nations;
25 But they shall be gathered again; but they shall remain until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
26 And in that day shall be heard of wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men’s hearts shall fail them, and they shall say that Christ delayeth his coming until the end of the earth.
27 And the love of men shall wax cold, and iniquity shall abound.
28 And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a blight shall break forth among them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fulness of my gospel;
29 But they receive it not; for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of men.
30 And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
31 And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.
32 But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.
33 And there shall be earthquakes also in divers places, and many desolations; yet men will harden their hearts against me, and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.

The above starts with a bit about the Jewish dispersion, verse 25 talking about the return of the Jews to Israel and remaining there until the Return of Christ (the fulfillment of the time of the Gentiles).

verse 26 is describing the times that we are starting to see now. We understand what "war" means. "Rumor of War" does not mean a "rumor" as in "I heard frank is dating rebecca", but instead refers to the prewar movement of troops to borders and other operations that appear to presage war.

We are seeing this in the case of Ukraine, and we will see it shortly in many other locations as the retoric of the West is found to be completely empty of actual resolute action.

Some of the other verses refer to the restoration of the lost portions of the Gospel, and how most will reject this light and knowledge.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 5?lang=eng[/url]
The above can be viewed in almost any language by clicking on the globe icon at the upper right at the top of the page and selecting the language you want to read this in.

Navigator

Isaiah on USA

Post by Navigator »

The following article comes from the Isaiah Institute (Avraham Gileadi). Very interesting given the current political / geo-political situation:

End-Time Egypt

Having first established—by analyzing the Book of Isaiah’s internal literary features—that “all things that he spake have been [in ancient times] and shall be [in the end-time]” (3 Nephi 23:3; cf. Ecclesiastes 1:9), we learn that Egypt, the great superpower of Isaiah’s day, forms a type of America, the great superpower of our day. But in Isaiah’s depiction of “Egypt”—a codename for America—that illustrious nation is coming under God’s judgment for having turned idolatrous. Egypt has begun suffering an irreversible series of setbacks.

Its political leaders think they are wiser than its founding fathers: “The ministers of Zoan [the political capital] are utter fools; the wisest of Pharaoh’s advisers give absurd counsel. How can you say to Pharaoh [the president], We ourselves are as wise as the first rulers? Where are your wise men indeed? Let them please tell you, if they can discern it, what Jehovah of Hosts has in mind for Egypt!” (Isaiah 19:11–12). These godless rulers are so out of touch with the true God that they are incapable of foreseeing their own self-destruction:

“The ministers of Zoan have been foolish, the officials of Noph deluded; the heads of state have led Egypt astray. Jehovah has permeated them with a spirit of confusion; they have misled Egypt in all that it does, causing it to stagger like a drunkard into his vomit. And there shall be nothing the Egyptians can do about it, neither head nor tail, palm top or reed” (Isaiah 19:13–15). The “head” or leadership and “tail” or lowlifes, the “palm top” or elites and “reed” or masses—all experience public embarrassment and a worldwide disgrace.

Word links and drunkenness imagery connect Egypt’s political leaders to Ephraim’s ecclesiastical leaders: “Woe to the garlands of glory of the drunkards of Ephraim! Their crowning splendor has become as fading wreaths on the heads of the opulent overcome with wine. My Lord has in store one mighty and strong: as a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down, or like an inundating deluge of mighty waters, he will hurl them to the ground by his hand. The proud garlands of the drunkards of Ephraim shall be trodden underfoot” (Isaiah 28:1–3);

“These too have indulged in wine and are giddy with strong drink: priests and prophets have gone astray through liquor. They are intoxicated with wine and stagger because of strong drink; they err as seers, they blunder in their decisions. For all tables are filled with vomit; no spot is without excrement” (Isaiah 28:7–8). Ephraim’s origins in Egypt—which parallels Ephraim in today’s “Egypt”—permeates the end-time fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecies concerning Egypt. When law and order finally break down, Egypt spirals into anarchy:

I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians; they will fight brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor, city against city and state against state. . . . Then will I deliver the Egyptians into the hand of a cruel master; a harsh ruler will subject them” (Isaiah 19:2, 4). In the end, Egypt and the rest the world suffer what can only compare to a nuclear war: “When Jehovah enters Egypt riding on swift clouds, the idols of Egypt will rock at his presence and the Egyptians’ hearts melt within them” (Isaiah 19:1; cf. 9:18–19; 33:11–14).

Saving the day are covenanters in “Egypt” whom God sends a deliverer: “When they cry out to Jehovah because of the oppressors, he will send them a savior, who will take up their cause and deliver them. Jehovah will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day. They will worship by sacrifice and offerings, and make vows to Jehovah and fulfill them. Jehovah will smite Egypt, and by smiting heal it: they will turn back to Jehovah, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them” (Isaiah 19:20–22).

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Do you consider America to be "under judgment"? If so, what does that mean to you?

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Considering that we abort almost a million babies a year we SHOULD be under judgement.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:34 am
Considering that we abort almost a million babies a year we SHOULD be under judgement.
It is very sad and disgusting, indeed. I'm curious about his answer, though, and yours, Tommy.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:58 am
Do you consider America to be "under judgment"? If so, what does that mean to you?
I think that most of the world is in a condition that would fit your definition of "under judgment".

Europe has almost entirely abandoned God and Christ. For this reason I have always felt that Europe would be heavily involved in the forthcoming world war.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Interesting, can't disagree.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

By "abandoning God/Christ" I don't just mean not attending church or saying/acting as if you have no faith.

I mean, much more importantly, breaking the commandments. Abortion is at or near the top of the list. Second is immorality. Its rampant. It is among the most important, and the breaking of this commandment has brought upon the unrepentant the most severe punishments in the past.

Immoralities major impact is damage / destruction to the family, which is the backbone of any society.

Then there is the loss of honesty and civility in society as a whole. As we all know, nice people who treat each other properly are harder and harder to find.