Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
vincecate

Re: Financial topics

Post by vincecate »

Bitcoin is down 15% and other cryptos are down more on average.

The S&P is down 1.5% at the moment.

Bond yields are up.

Yen is down.

Seems an interesting week but not clear if we get the waterfall yet.

John

Post by John »

Asian stocks and currencies falling sharply, over concerns that the
Fed will announce a 75 basis point increase.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:24 pm
This reminds me of my comment about Harry Browne's Permanent Portfolio awhile back. When things are on the long term upswing the Permanent Portfolio will both grow and outperform, but when things reverse to the long term downswing the Permanent Portfolio will shrink with everything else but it should still outperform by shrinking more slowly.

Still early, but it looks possible that this is the beginning of a long term downswing. The link shows that all of the components of the permanent portfolio are down this year. That is very unusual.

http://www.lazyportfolioetf.com/allocat ... permanent/

While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The S&P futures are very close to taking out the low of the year.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes ... tive-chart
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Dow future down 631 when I checked a few minutes ago.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

richard5za

Waterfall crash

Post by richard5za »

We may have a waterfall crash in stocks, but the other possibility (which I currently think has a higher probability) is a long grinding bear market, with volatility of course and lots of bull traps. Yes, I agree the next 10 days will be interesting

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The 2 year treasury rate is up again this morning.

Last edited by Higgenbotham on Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Every thing we noted if/then into September is on. Indications into 34xx was conveyed things are heading oversold
and hot money from elsewhere as geopolitical maniacs called swamp also. You need catayst crackers replaced dumbasses not blaming
others like idiots marxist brats. Open borders morons and demand destruction should end the retard democrats but no over thirty percent of
Ameicans are 2000 mules stupid morons. Brand On owns this.
Democrats should be extinct like your balances. Supply side facts from nudgers and pushers who are yes natzi pick up dead sticks forrest fire
that trolled you as creative destruction. As we seen with the two and ten it would suggest hot money as they worship the Volkner effect.
Facts as the Cantillon effect which is the Kenyesian veil in and off MMT debt tards and Human Action ignored.

If you close biti.to and pick energy select your smart for now only as we told you but do not be retarded as greed now
that Cariboo window is closing.

We will close some puts today as the sheep and penguins who got us here march. Swamp Demsheviks are stupid.
Walk down the Hill do not run like young bulls do seeing the. The sweeps and due diligence did and will matter.

Contary to stampeded minds some are seeing a 5.5 percent hit on the qqq's and will buy select DCF.

US corporations spent more than $1.1 trillion to repurchase their stock rather than invest in new plants and equipment.
We gave you the exact date and told you the Senate are captivated fools and you will wait a very very long time.
Now you get the Queen wave from swamp shock therapy leucotomy Demsheviks for your plantation stupidity since the sixtys.

Check your 100, 200, 300 week charts for a clue on carving a bottum into september was advised.

If they run to Say's law as a carbon foot print you know they decieving you. The total cost basis is obfucated against you.
We are not against progress and we follow the iron law since the consumer is the ruthless arbiter. The swamp is looting you.

book4 closed 09:58AM

thread: ^VIX, biti.to

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Repeat from 2013.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:49 am
I think that we're going to see eventually a series of bankruptcies. And I think that the rise in the interest rate is probably the fatal sign which is going to ignite a derivatives crisis that is going to bring down the derivatives system. There is something like a quadrillion of derivatives and most of them are interest rate derivatives. The spiking of the interest rate in the United States may set that off. And I think that what is going to happen in the world is that eventually we're going to come to a moment where there's going to be massive bankruptcies around the world and what is going to be left when the dust settles is gold and some people are going to have it and some people are not. And then the problem will be to hold onto what you've got. Because it's not going to be a very pleasant world. That's what I see coming, my friend.
--Hugo Salinas Price (transcribed from the link above)

"In 1987 Ricardo succeeded his father Hugo Salinas Price as CEO of Grupo Elektra. He is the fourth richest person in Mexico behind Carlos Slim Helu and the 34th richest person in the world with a wealth of around US $17.4 billion in 2012."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Salinas_Pliego
https://kingworldnews.com/multi-billion ... ilization/

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Will we get a short bear market rally from oversold conditions this week or next?