Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

US Navy chief says China could invade Taiwan before 2024
Admiral shatters 'Davidson Window' of 2027, says Chinese invasion also possible in 2022-2023
By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2022/10/21 12:04
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4693479
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:49 pm
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:41 pm
Tulsi Gabbard claims there is an 'imminent threat' of 'World War III and a nuclear Holocaust' that no one is prepared for - and 'Ukraine’s going to have to give up something' to achieve peace
By GEOFF EARLE, DEPUTY U.S. POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:39 EDT, 12 October 2022 | UPDATED: 18:18 EDT, 12 October 2022
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-III.html
That's really fascinating.

If Ukraine could be persuaded to cede even a small piece of territory, it would give Putin a visible accomplishment to say the war was successful. In exchange for that "out," NATO weaponry, maybe including nukes, could be moved so close to Russia that all would understand that this scenario is never going to play out the same way again. Unconditional surrender, but we'll give the big cheese a way out.
Whilst I agree with the premise that Putin can’t win, the sad likelihood is that he will turn Ukraine into a derelict smashed up (and possibly radiation swept) wasteland. This is his ‘silver medal’ if he can’t successfully win and absorb Ukraine.

Re: Unacceptable Values

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:26 am
Navigator wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:16 am
spottybrowncow wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:29 pm

"Declaring some loyalty to Trump is understandable if you wish to secure the border, want America to be respected internationally, want the Constitution to be followed by law enforcement, want America to be energy self-sufficient and thriving economically, want to control what happens to your minor children, and otherwise generally don't want to F*** with anyone else or be F***** with."
Bob, the reason you get slammed so often on this board is your inability to use reason and logic. Hence Spotty's reply.,, (Snip.)
Granted, there may be other reasons to favor Trump, but to do so requires being blind to his rather blatant faults. You have to buy into them, which is not an act of reason, logic or morality.

The primary idea here, at the core of Generational Dynamics, is that if you learn to hate other groups - often ethnic - you have an advantage in using force. You become immune to morality and love. I oft argue that force is no longer advantageous. Whether you are trying to profit from war or maintain domestic racial superiority, pursuing violence is not from my perspective advantageous. Thus, the central idea behind Generational Dynamics is racist and flawed. Trying to present violence as cool requires acceptance of equally flawed ideas.

This does not mean am a stranger to logic and fact. Did my comment on Trumps behaviors breach logic or fact? Did he violate the constitution, break up families, F*** around, act criminally, or do the rest? When you gloss over these flaws, are you not glossing over logic, fact and truth?

My difference is in saying there are two different worldviews, and if you but into one you end up buying into the whole package, including the parts that are In no way pardonable.

I agree, the Ten Commandments include one culture’s way of expressing certain near universal concepts that are endorsed and included by many going on all cultures. Yet hating Jews is also embraced by a lot of cultures. (That dates back to their viewing usury differently from Christians at the time, thus some Jewish bankers provided loan service no others chose to provide. This evolved into a hatred of the entire Jewish culture, even after providing loans became acceptable.) Not stealing, not murdering, respecting family and showing love are common values given lip service by many cultures. Stealing, murdering, tearing apart families and hate are common too. One still comes back to hating the other and seeking superiority and control. One shouldn’t. One should not wage wars such as Putin’s. One should not provoke insurrections like Trump. One should not tear children from parents. One should not F*** around without consent and respect.

While there are some conservative ideas that can be defended or even embraced, the current MAGA crowd is not focused there.
Democrats like to claim they're so smart, so how come:

1. they ruin every big city

2. they need food stamps and free housing

3. they fill up our prisons

4. they can't teach kids math or how to read

5. need affirmative action

My fingers are getting tired...

6. ?

Post by guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:23 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:53 pm

Cool Breeze,

When we talk on this forum about support for the U.S., we are not talking about support for the current administration, or the deep state. We are talking about support for the still-majority of Americans who more-or-less adhere to the founding principles which made this country great - God, family, country (to borrow loosely from Meloni), that sort of thing. Those people (us) have been too busy working, raising families, doing silly things like that, rather than spending a lot of time engaging politically, and that is to our discredit. But we are hoping that before things get IRREVERSIBLY BAD, the majority will wake up, look around, and act. The brilliance of the U.S. constitution, as John has pointed out many times, makes this still possible. We support the U.S. which was, and can still be. Certainly, no place else has better prospects.

Spotty
Good response.

"But we are hoping that before things get IRREVERSIBLY BAD, the majority will wake up, look around, and act."

That ship sailed long ago, which is my point. Put bluntly, too late. And you detailed why, which is that no conservatives actually held a line, and that goes for the Constitution and the political system, both, at large. The US constitution is just a piece of paper, which is why once you lose the culture game (Game over in the USA) things like paper mean nothing. If you can just pretend you aren't reading the same language, the normal/sane person and his ideals lose to the power mongers that subverted you to get all the institutions.

Many places have different and better prospects at this point, ironically, the US doesn't allow anyone to do what they want to sovereign wise - another proof. The hegemon is Babylon. It's time to face facts.
I value my life too much to go anywhere near a large American city.

Bob Butler

Prejudice and the Ghetto Mindset

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:57 pm

Democrats like to claim they're so smart, so how come:

1. they ruin every big city

2. they need food stamps and free housing

3. they fill up our prisons

4. they can't teach kids math or how to read

5. need affirmative action

My fingers are getting tired...

6. ?
The Democrats run big cities because the Republicans do not work towards the interests of the voters. They lose the elections.

There exists what I call the ghetto mindset and prejudice. The ghetto mindset suggests the only way to get ahead is to become a sports star, a drug pusher, or a mother. Prejudice exists to keep groups other than one’s own down. To a considerable extent, both the ghetto mindset and prejudice exist because of the other. They are cultural, that is stubborn, and they will not go away easily. In many ways, you either try to deal with and solve the problem, or you are part of the problem. Conservatives, in embracing prejudice, are often part of the problem. They celebrate and perpetuate the problems, using them to confirm their prejudices, rather than try to solve them.

How do you teach kids belonging to families that embrace the ghetto mindset? How do you pull people out of poverty without giving them the advantages, such as food stamps, free housing, education and affirmative action? What is the purpose of democratic government other than to help those that need it most? Give tax cuts to the rich? Give advantage to corporations who donate the most money? Is that an obvious difference between the parties, who they try to help?

I would agree that we have used the prison system to lock up minor drug users too much. Biden’s pardoning minor non violent drug criminals was a good step. More needs to be done.

spottybrowncow

Re: Prejudice and the Ghetto Mindset

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:05 pm
I would agree that we have used the prison system to lock up minor drug users too much.
There, I suspected it might happen someday - I agree with Bob on something!

Now, let me correct one of his earlier statements:

"The Democrats run big cities because the Republicans do not share the goals of the voters."

The red/blue small town/big city divide is very real. People in big cities live in a very artificial environment, made possible only by the actions of many people far away, and the use of massive amounts of energy for transporting things. It's similar to aqueducts making ancient Rome possible, and why cities grow on rivers and and railroad lines. In that environment, getting along with everyone and putting up with anything is a survival strategy. Many intellectual things of value are produced in big cities, but many in that environment also come to believe that they are "better" and "enlightened." Like most everyone, they see only a small part of the reality which allows them to exist.

Bob Butler

Re: Prejudice and the Ghetto Mindset

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:38 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:05 pm
I would agree that we have used the prison system to lock up minor drug users too much.
There, I suspected it might happen someday - I agree with Bob on something!

Now, let me correct one of his earlier statements:

"The Democrats run big cities because the Republicans do not share the goals of the voters."

The red/blue small town/big city divide is very real. People in big cities live in a very artificial environment, made possible only by the actions of many people far away, and the use of massive amounts of energy for transporting things. It's similar to aqueducts making ancient Rome possible, and why cities grow on rivers and and railroad lines. In that environment, getting along with everyone and putting up with anything is a survival strategy. Many intellectual things of value are produced in big cities, but many in that environment also come to believe that they are "better" and "enlightened." Like most everyone, they see only a small part of the reality which allows them to exist.
What? You don’t agree that prejudice and the ghetto mindset exist? That would be a big gap in your knowledge. You can’t pretend that the problem doesn’t exist.

Big cities create many industries. Detroit made cars. Minneapolis brewed beer. New York City had a garment district among other things. Big cities also have universities and museums, although there are rural ones also. Big cities often run governments. Big cities also support things like road repair, infrastructure maintenance, restaurants and the other things needed to keep a large number of people living close together going.

The problem is some are more central to the big functions than others. The supposedly important people can make large financial contributions to politicians. The supposedly ordinary people vote. One distinction is who the parties choose to chase and why.

I would add rural people don’t see the urban problems as much as the other way around. Rural folks need the city produced products as much as the urban folk need the products of agriculture. If some participating in the industry, governments, museums see themselves as performing higher functions, are proud to throw the real or imagined weight around, have more money to give to politicians for favors, well, yes, it happens. You are not going to stop it short of going to direct vote computer networked democracy, and we don’t have the security for that yet.

But that still leaves the Republicans serving the people who think themselves important, and the Democrats working for the more common people.

But the other two big problems now are prejudice existing more in rural areas, as well as religious folks who try to impose their religious and moral opinions on others.

That is the broad structure. If you decide any or all of the above is incorrect, that you disagree with me totally, we cannot agree on how to fix a structure if we can’t agree that the structure exists.

If you do disagree, what do you disagree with?

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Nothing Bish says makes any sense.

Bob Butler

Blanket Statements

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:32 pm
Nothing Bish says makes any sense.
If you can't understand that once Detroit made cars, you don't have any sense. It is clear that you want to misunderstand rather than seek common understanding.

I would avoid obviously falsifiable blanket statements about everything I say that are thus easy to contradict. Try selecting a few of my statements that you can reasonably contradict if you can. That you don't try this approach indicates you can't.

Better yet, don't address me at all and thus make a fool of yourself.

Re: Chinese Power Consolidation

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:23 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:43 pm
Navigator wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:19 pm
I don't know if people have seen this yet, but Dictator Xi just had the previous CCP ruler, Hu Jintao, FORCEABLY REMOVED from the stand during the ongoing CCP congress.

The message seems pretty clear. "No-one is immune. No-one is untouchable. I wield life/death power over ALL in China."

This article has video of it happening:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -seat.html
It was very unusual, for sure. Just as the foreign press began filming this happened. Then it was blocked in mainland China and they don't know about it. Also, Jiang Zemin, Hu's predecessor and known to have yielded power through Hu, was NOT invited to the meeting, which is a big deal in and of itself. The manner in which it was performed does indicate your conclusion as the probable motive. No report of it leaves it up for interpretation and maybe that was the intended purpose?
The empty chair next to Xi the rest of the day probably spoke for itself in China.
North Korea should have had 'regime change' years ago. Now it is too late. This sort of situation will go on and on, and get worse. UN and weak politicians reap what you sow.