Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

aeden

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by aeden »

They seen daylight and flatly refused it again.
They are now chained inside the cave bowels in full knowledge.

Before as in 1687 the governor of New France, Jacques-René de Brisay de Denonville, seized, chained,
and shipped 50 Iroquois chiefs from Fort Frontenac to Marseille, France, to be used as galley slaves.
Americans are fools chained to fools in plain sight.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:49 pm
During the early stages of this breakdown, many of the new corporate nomads gathered together in suburbs of large cities and, being first generation nomads, attempted to re-create the kinds of social bonds that were present in the places they came from. This worked pretty well for a time, until those people died off and the second and third generations stopped doing this. I think this was described best in a book called Bowling Alone and thought it had been discussed here, but don't find anything offhand. I'll continue to look for that.
This would have been especially in the 1950s and 1960s, and even on into the 1970s and 1980s.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:45 pm
Catherine Austin Fitts: And when it busts, what you’re going to have is, it’s going to be 1929 but worse. Because in 1929, there was a lot of social capital in America. It was a much kinder, gentler place I think than it is now. And you had many more people that knew how to grow their own food, or knew how to function.
Apparently we didn't discuss Robert Putnam's book and research here. It's worth taking a look at.
Although there are differences in opinion on what exactly constitutes social capital, Putnam believes political participation, civic participation (i.e. membership in formal organizations), religious participation, connections in the workplace, informal social connections, volunteering, and philanthropy, are accurate determining factors. The data Putnam relies on comes from social surveys spanning multiple decades, and the record-keeping of organizations and institutions (all of which are available here).

Putnam’s analysis reveals that in communities where there is ample social capital, citizens expect better government and get it, children tend to do better in school and in life, neighborhoods are safer and more productive, there is more economic prosperity, and people are generally healthier and happier. Putnam reasons that we are social creatures, and:

Where people know one another, interact with one another each week at choir practice or sports matches, and trust one another to behave honorably, they have a model and a moral foundation upon which to base further cooperative enterprises. (Putnam, Bowling Alone, p. 20)

If the individual, daily interactions of people all over the world create the history of our species, then I would argue creating communities rich in social capital will help create a more cooperative, and far less cruel world. So how do we go from here to there? In my opinion, history is a living textbook that provides invaluable information, allowing for a more complete understanding of the world. Putnam’s data, which stretches nearly the entire length of the 20th century reveals that:

… people born between 1910 and 1940 constitute a “long civic generation” – that is, a cohort of men and women who have been more engaged in civic affairs throughout their lives – voting more, joining more, trusting more, and so on – than either their predecessors or their successors in the sequence of generations. At the end of the century, that generation comprised virtually the entire cohort of people aged sixty and above. True to their own past, even in retirement they continue to be exceptionally good citizens. (Putnam, Bowling Alone, p. 132)

The general trend Putnam illustrates is that between 1900 and the mid 1930s, civic engagement was consistently moderate, but then an explosion of activity occurred between the 1940s and the mid 1960s. This period correlates to when people born between 1910 and 1940 started coming of age. Ever since then, participation has declined. This trend is illustrated best by the rise and decline of league bowling. Believe it or not, “bowling is the most popular competitive sport in America. Bowlers outnumber joggers, golfers, or softball players more than two to one, soccer players (including kids) by more than three to one, and tennis players or skiers by four to one.” [hence, the title of the book] (Putnam, Bowling Alone, p. 111)

So what was it about the people born between 1910 and 1940 that created so much civic engagement? Putnam believes one of the explanations for this is “the wartime Zeitgeist of national unity and patriotism that culminated in 1945,” that reinforced civic-mindedness. Patriotism, volunteering, donating, and community involvement are often how groups of people that perceive themselves to be in danger act. Sociologist William Graham Sumner, wrote in 1906:

A differentiation arises between ourselves, the we-group, or in-group, and everybody else, or the others-groups, out-groups … The relation of comradeship and peace in the we-group and that of hostility and war towards others-groups are correlative to each other. The exigencies of war with outsiders are what make peace inside …(Putnam, Bowling Alone, p. 267)

It’s important to note that who is, and is not, considered within the “we-group”, can bring to light many prejudices that exist within the society (for example, Japanese internment camps, persecution of innocent Muslims after September 11th, etc.). Nonetheless, growing up during these times arguably shaped the reality of the then-younger generations, who then carried those ideals later into their lives.

Each generation after World War II lived in a different social context, and failed to generate significant, and widespread, civic engagement. Putnam believes there are four primary reasons for this:

Pressures of time and money, including the special pressures on two-career families, contributed measurably to the diminution of our social and community involvement during these years. My best guess is that no more than 10% of the total decline is attributable to that set of factors.

Suburbanization, commuting, and sprawl also played a supporting role. Again, a reasonable estimate is that these factors together might account for perhaps an additional 10% of the problem.

The effect of electronic entertainment – above all, television – in privatizing our leisure time has been substantial. My rough estimate is that this factor might account for perhaps 25% of the decline.

The most important, generational change – the slow, steady, and ineluctable replacement of the long civic generation by their less involved children and grandchildren – has been a very powerful factor [accounts for perhaps half of the overall decline] (Putnam, Bowling Alone, p. 283)

As a result:

For better or worse, we rely increasingly – we are forced to rely increasingly – on formal institutions, and above all on the law, to accomplish what we used to accomplish through informal networks reinforced by generalized reciprocity – that is, through social capital. (Putnam, Bowling Alone, p. 147)
https://www.everythingology.com/bowling ... community/

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:33 pm
When I moved to Texas in 2005, I thought there would be a plateau for about 10 years before the collapse into the dark age, then I would move to the Dakotas, Montana, or Idaho.
This ranking was done about 20 years ago.

While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

My mother grew up in a small town in one of the red counties of the upper midwest. edit: Actually, her county is orange. When I was a boy, she told me it takes 2 generations for a newcomer to town to be fully accepted by the people in the town. For anyone making a move to one of these areas, you would be advised to, first of all, understand the culture and, second, to expect that your family will be giving more than you take for a very long time. It's been my experience that some people will spread rumors, and some of those will not be very flattering. It is what it is.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

tim

Post by tim »

Some people are completely sold on the idea that man's use of fossil fuels is what is causing climate change.

Climate is such a complex subject as there are so many variables that have to be taken into account when trying to prove causation of climate change. What variables does the sun contribute to climate change? What variables do solar cycles have? Did the Earth go through climate change cycles before man's use of fossil fuels?

How is it possible that all the other variables can be cast aside and we can say with certainty that fossil fuels alone are causing climate change?

Now, many of the same people who say "the science is settled" on fossil fuels causing climate change will say there are too many variables to consider when trying to conclude that the mRNA injections are responsible for the increase in sudden deaths of young people. They are quick to point out that people don't eat as healthy as they used to, people drink too many energy drinks, people don't exercise as much, or whatever reasoning they come up with to explain the increase in sudden deaths.

So the "science is settled" on something as complex as climate change yet there are too many variables to consider when trying to come to a conclusion about these sudden deaths in young people that began in 2021.

Dark Age thinking.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

aeden

Post by aeden »

The best evidence of this decline are data from the highly respected General Social Survey on mean IQ by decade among graduate students, undergraduates, and high school students (a tip of the hat to Charles Murray on Twitter).
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... _woke.html
One half went to the red stalinists and stasi the other to the green party nazi over there. Pro Tip the Nazionalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei never went away. Just translate to seven other languages as the script rolls ahead. Washington has a infected sepsis brain pan so its not rocket science as operation paperclip proved. Just what it is. Alleged progress. Both stripes are running out of debt slaves and even if they stopped being assholes the next two decades has already been rather flushed. You cannot bitch about red headed step children run by red diaper cults. Middle American has to flush more than they can even realise since they cannot scale 2x and more for inputs to a dead end race of lies in plain site. No way these lunatics can even pretend they can this cycle. They are not that clever. CEO’s have no moral right to give away shareholders’ money. It is not theirs to give. If the benevolent CEO wanted to make charitable donations out of his own pocket He is free to do so. Shareholders have the same ability.
Last edited by aeden on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

tim wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:06 am
Some people are completely sold on the idea that man's use of fossil fuels is what is causing climate change.

Climate is such a complex subject as there are so many variables that have to be taken into account when trying to prove causation of climate change. What variables does the sun contribute to climate change? What variables do solar cycles have? Did the Earth go through climate change cycles before man's use of fossil fuels?

How is it possible that all the other variables can be cast aside and we can say with certainty that fossil fuels alone are causing climate change?

Now, many of the same people who say "the science is settled" on fossil fuels causing climate change will say there are too many variables to consider when trying to conclude that the mRNA injections are responsible for the increase in sudden deaths of young people. They are quick to point out that people don't eat as healthy as they used to, people drink too many energy drinks, people don't exercise as much, or whatever reasoning they come up with to explain the increase in sudden deaths.

So the "science is settled" on something as complex as climate change yet there are too many variables to consider when trying to come to a conclusion about these sudden deaths in young people that began in 2021.

Dark Age thinking.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:45 am
John wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:25 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:24 am
> "Conspiracy theory" is just a term manufactured and perpetuated by
> elites to discredit those who expose their lies.
Lol! I guess I never realized how "élite" I am.
For every elite who perpetuates the term "conspiracy theory" there are many more non-elites who endorse the use of it in a way that the elites would approve. If you do a search, it can be seen that in several thousand posts I have never lent any credibility to the term "conspiracy theory" in any way that the elites would approve, by referring to this idea or that idea as a "conspiracy theory".

In dealing with elites, one thing I learned a long time ago is that if an elite conjures up some bullshit they expect it to be accepted by default, but if a non-elite conjures up equivalent or lesser bullshit or non-bullshit that implicates an elite, it has to be defended and proven, and is classified as a "conspiracy theory" by default, even if proven otherwise.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 pm
Common theme of mine: "If (fill in the blank "person of influence") said it, it's automatically deemed true but if you said it, it needs to be proven.
Refuse to accept something as fact just because an authority figure, whether a professor, the Vatican, or politician, told you to believe it, and automatically many amongst the sheep will accuse one of pandering to conspiracy theories, even when one can present many facts that support one’s opposition view much more strongly than the widely accepted view.

Because universities are so focused on teaching us “what to think” instead of “how to think”, this dumbing down process...certainly humanity should strive to achieve creativity and foster critical thought in order to establish a more moral society and to root out corruption.
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/la ... heir-power

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The dark age indicators posted by tim and aeden are both high up on my list.

I would generalize tim's example as: The managerial class believes that the truth is whatever they say it is and that whatever they say doesn't need to be proven.

My number 1 indicator that the world has entered into a new dark age is the decline in life expectancy. Whether you need to look at every country is debatable. My belief is that looking at the hegemon is enough and probably the best indicator.
Sep 1, 2022

New government data has found that Americans’ life spans are getting shorter. Where life expectancy at birth was calculated at 79 in 2019, this dropped to 76.1 in 2021. According to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Covid was the main cause for about 50 percent of the decline between 2020 and 2021, and as much as 74 percent of the decline between 2019 and 2020.

The new figure marks the lowest life expectancy estimates since 1996 and is the biggest two-year fall in nearly a century. As our chart shows, the estimate today is significantly lower than the overall peak in 2014, when life expectancy at birth was 78.9 years.

While Covid is the main cause for the decline, it is not the sole reason. Unintentional injuries, which encapsulates those dying from overdoses and accidents, are also on the rise in the U.S., reaching peaks in 2021 and making up 15.9 percent of the total decline. Heart disease, chronic liver disease and suicide also contributed to the decline.
https://www.statista.com/chart/20673/us ... cy-higher/
Descent

Chapter 33 - The disorganisation process

Boom and bust

At the start of the twenty first century, western
economies are booming. It does not look as though
global civilisation is in terminal decline. People
feel more prosperous than ever, and all the
expectations are that things will get better still. The
catastrophic economic unravelling of a dark age
seems very unlikely and very far away.
Some calculate that the next two or three
decades will see an expansionary phase of the
world economy.2816 George Soros, on the other
hand, believes that east Asia’s crisis may have been
the classic foreshock preceding a much wider
crash.2817 There have been many periods of strong
economic growth in the past, and none has ever
been permanent. Clearly, the present boom will not
last forever or even for more than a few years. By
the same token, the next economic downturn may
be equally transient and not necessarily the
immediate prelude to collapse. The descent has
some way to run, and world economies could go
through several more cycles of boom and bust
before the dark age arrives.

The worse the busts are, the longer the descent
is likely to take. A bust acts like a miniature dark
age, forcing people to take a more realistic view of
things, and to work harder while expecting less.
South Korea built up a series of white elephant
industries in shipbuilding, petrochemicals and
heavy manufacturing in the late twentieth
century,2818 and it has now paid dearly for its
centralisation and inflexibility. However, it will
come out of the experience wiser and in better
shape.2819 As east Asian entrepreneurship is
unleashed again, it will re-invigorate the entire
world economy, with America and Europe being
among the beneficiaries. That may make
predictions of a coming dark age look less
warranted than ever. Nevertheless, the west’s burst
of growth that came after the second world war
faltered within a few decades. Similarly, even the
most spectacular Asian recovery will not touch the
deep historical currents that are carrying the world
towards catastrophe.

The descent will be characterised by economic
false dawns. The United States budget and trade
deficits, for example, may occasionally improve,
but they will soon worsen again. These deficits are
intimately connected with other features of the
current order, such as drugs trafficking, welfare
dependency, and the costly protection of American
interests world wide. No one, however determined,
can rationally sort out these problems, whose
interactions are far from fully understood. The
deficits must remain a chronic problem.
The booms that take place during the descent
will be based on much less substance than were
former periods of great growth in the world
economy. The mobile phone, the internet and
computer games will not create eddies upon eddies
of economic organisation in the way that the steam
engine did, or the aeroplane. Economic growth
may occur on paper but there will be fewer real
differences to people’s material standard of living.
It will not deliver tangible utilities like cars,
televisions and foreign holidays. Instead, one of the
big growth industries today is gambling, and it is
questionable how far that can be said to make
people feel better and live better. Similarly, the
internet is certainly a boon, but its overall
contribution to human welfare is mediocre. Giving
people ready access to vast amounts of
pornography hardly compares with the drama of
the industrial revolution.

In future, therefore, to gauge how the descent
is going, one should not be taken in by statistics.
The crucial measure of economic health will be the
evidence of genuine innovation that people
experience in their everyday lives. If some major
new item appears in one’s home, comparable to the
vacuum cleaner, the video recorder, or the
microwave oven, one can assume that the dark age
is getting further away, perhaps by a quarter of a
century or more. On the other hand, one may find it
difficult to identify what is driving the stock
market. One’s own consumption may be of mostly
transient pleasures, and one may worry whether
one’s work is really making a positive contribution
to the commonweal. In that case, the economic
descent will be proceeding unchecked.
The Phoenix Principle and the Coming Dark Age by Marc Widdowson, 2001

aeden

Post by aeden »

Retail market options has been conveyed declining from 27 to 21 percent.
Indication can overlay as noted in the forums to the percentages of retail failure maps going into 2023.
As indicated we sat on cash and waited in plain sight very slowly walking into some as in few tbills of very short durations.
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=4050165

Watching a destroyed family produce a farmer being enlightened in hardship experienced suffering of the ordinary molded
to a view of a common man whilst the west fools throws soup on paintings does show values.
All your time and all your money is from tiny bubbles into the wasting as they built networks to nuetralize you while you crush your own.
As death canary noted. You are unable to think.
Many trial ballons.

BBB has been canceled. 267 to go.
Tracker includes the BLM Impact Measurement Methodology that evaluates the potential effectiveness of these contributions.
To obtain information on this analysis, email us at info@creativeinvest.com.
3PHXciT7q2RJNXXsbykP7q53EcdKx8e5wk
BLM response database, email to info@creativeinvest.com.

thread: hardtack yucca
Last edited by aeden on Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

tim wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:06 am

Dark Age thinking.
Only people who don't know what the scientific method is, and propagandists, would say something is "settled." Of course climate change is a hoax, the term is of course non controversial and more language tricks after they were wrong about cooling alarmism in the 20th century, and warming afterwards, perpetuated until now of course. It's actually quite rare for the earth to be this warm, and when it does get so, humans flourish. That's more evidence that it is yet another point of depopulation propaganda. All you have to do is study Malinkovitch cycles and solar activity in general, and it is quite obvious. Check out Randall Carlson to learn a lot of things, including this propaganda about "climate".

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Conventional wisdom has suggested for some
time that the future world economy will be focused
around Asia-Pacific, rather than America-Europe.
The Asian depression has made that view rather
less widely heard, though arguably and by the logic
of the phoenix principle it has actually made such a
prospect more likely.2822 It was clearly wrong to
assume that the region’s high growth could
continue indefinitely and that it would shoot past
the west at the same terrific rate. Similar optimistic
predictions were made about the Soviet economy
during the 1950s and 1960s, but by the Brezhnev
era they looked decidedly mistaken. All economies
have grown rapidly during their initial phase of
industrialisation, slowing to a more manageable
pace as they mature. Arguably, the high growth of
the tiger economies only showed how far they had
to catch up.2823

The entry of the former communist states into
the global free market might have been expected to
produce a stimulating effect on it, rather like the
opening up of the new world. In eastern Europe,
120 million new producers and consumers were
suddenly added to the international economy.2824
However, though the individual countries have
mostly seen progress, the wider benefits are so far
quite modest.

In 1996, two authors were predicting a coming
Russian boom.2825 By 2020, they expected Russia
to have outstripped much of eastern Europe and
South America, and to have left China far behind.
These predictions were based on insights into the
Russian people’s huge potential, given that they are
well educated, ambitious, and constitute a vast,
uniform market. Furthermore, if their human
resources are good, their natural resources are
stupendous. However, Russia’s boom has yet to
materialise. Instead, the country has slipped back
into harsher financial difficulties. Among its
problems is a large and growing incidence of fatal
alcohol poisoning.2826 Russia appears to be on a
self-reinforcing trajectory towards chaos that no
politician or entrepreneur is likely to reverse.

The Russian, east European and east Asian
cases suggest that the world economic order will
probably not be transformed in a major way this
side of the coming dark age. One can gauge the
progress of the descent by looking for such major
changes. If Russia is indeed making robust
economic headway by 2020, then the estimated
time to the dark age must be put back. If, on the
other hand, Russia has slipped into the third world,
with no meaningful government and a population
for whom day to day survival is a perpetual
struggle, then a more general collapse is likely to
follow.

Similarly, it will be significant whether Asia-
Pacific really is uncontested leader of the world
economy by 2020. By this is meant more than just
east Asian companies being lauded in the business
pages. Instead, New York, London and Frankfurt
will have become second-rate cities of faded glory.
Every enterprise will be relocating its offices, its
people and its money out of these cities, in search
of the new opportunities in the Pacific basin.
Europeans and east coast Americans will look
poorer and live worse than their counterparts in
Japan, Korea and Singapore. Their cars will be
older, their mobile phones bulkier, and their whole
experience and appearance more provincial and
desperate.

If such a radical shift in world economic
leadership really does occur, then the coming dark
age may not be a global one after all. Only some
regions, like Africa, will be sunk into true,
ahistorical darkness. Over other regions, such as
Europe and the Americas, a partial though deep
shadow may be cast. These continents will
experience immense poverty, ignorance and
general warfare, but a weak historical thread will
nevertheless be kept alive through their contact
with the still civilised east. Finally, Asia-Pacific
will continue to shine bright, if somewhat lonely
and not as bright as before, and it will preserve the
flame of civilisation until it can be reignited in the
rest of the world.

That scenario, however, probably will not
materialise. It is more likely that in 2020 the world
economic order will not be so different from where
it is today. In this case, there will be no beacon
shining through the darkness. The dark age will be
global.
The Phoenix Principle and the Coming Dark Age by Marc Widdowson, 2001