security experts think that if this was
disinformation, the Biden campaign would
have yelled to the heavens that the

Bob Butler

Crisis Inflation

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:18 pm
I think minorities are disproportionately affected by Biden's inflation and the child tax credit and other important benefits needing to be cut due to Biden's spending spree. Biden is crushing the average person with his inflation and it's to be expected some will lash out due to the seriously worsening conditions. The real insurrection hasn't been seen yet. You will know it when you see it.
On inflation, a your chart shows the Russian invasion, but not Covid. The upswing red line could begin in early 2020 when Covid really hit. Democratic spending to keep the economy healthy during Covid was likely a little overdone. The spending supporting Ukraine was likely not. Both arguably should have been done.

Do you expect to get through a crisis without some economic impact? Have you tried comparing the current crisis with the war crises of the Industrial Age?

Bob Butler

Re: The Big Truth about the "big lie"

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:55 pm
Spies who lie: 51 ‘intelligence’ experts refuse to apologize for discrediting true Hunter Biden story
I wondered. What sort of idiot would abandon a laptop with sensitive information? How did it happen to fall into the hands of someone who would exploit it? How did he know to look? Yes, it has the hallmarks of a disinformation plot, but people will believe what they want to believe.
Last edited by Bob Butler on Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Butler

The Emolument Clause

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:52 pm
"Trump ignored the emollients clause?"

Each thing you write is more idiotic than the last thing.
Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 wrote:No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
Most presidents lay aside their business affairs to a neutral caretaker, in part to steer free of the emolument clause. Trump didn't.

When they were looking for classified documents recently down in Florida, they found swords presented by a Middle Eastern prince. Does anyone remember an act of Congress authorizing that? Mostly, the National Archives give stuff like that to presidential libraries when they are formed, but Trump was never into that. He just takes stuff.

Higgenbotham

Re: Crisis Inflation

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:58 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:18 pm
I think minorities are disproportionately affected by Biden's inflation and the child tax credit and other important benefits needing to be cut due to Biden's spending spree. Biden is crushing the average person with his inflation and it's to be expected some will lash out due to the seriously worsening conditions. The real insurrection hasn't been seen yet. You will know it when you see it.
On inflation, a your chart shows the Russian invasion, but not Covid. The upswing red line could begin in early 2020 when Covid really hit. Democratic spending to keep the economy healthy during Covid was likely a little overdone. The spending supporting Ukraine was likely not. Both arguably should have been done.

Do you expect to get through a crisis without some economic impact? Have you tried comparing the current crisis with the war crises of the Industrial Age?
Biden owns that red line. It's his under his administration.

Democratic spending has not kept the economy healthy. It has destroyed it. It was hugely overdone.

You should not be making excuses for incompetence, particularly when it disproportionately affects minorities, if you truly care about the downtrodden.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:37 pm
Democratic spending has not kept the economy healthy. It has destroyed it. It was hugely overdone.
Apparently you have not researched crisis spending. Keeping the economy going during Covid and Ukraine going in their war is to my mind worth doing, You may not care about people and democracy, but I do.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:17 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:37 pm
Apparently you have not researched crisis spending. Keeping the economy going during Covid and Ukraine going in their war is to my mind worth doing, You may not care about people and democracy, but I do.
Biden had no idea how to spend wisely. Biden couldn't run a Dairy Queen at a profit with a subsidy. The "relief" the Democrats dispensed was rife with fraud if you were paying the least bit of attention. The fraud was legendary and beyond anything seen historically, certainly orders of magnitude beyond any previous crisis. You are a typical Democrat pretending to care about minorities and doing nothing but using that as a tactic to support fake talking points about "racist" police brutality and "racist" spree shooters that add up to nothing. Trump truly cared about minorities and followed through with action which is why they did so well during his administration. You refuse to acknowledge that.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Bob Butler

Minorities

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:29 pm
You are a typical Democrat pretending to care about minorities and doing nothing but using that as a tactic to support fake talking points about "racist" police brutality and "racist" spree shooters that add up to nothing. Trump truly cared about minorities and followed through with action which is why they did so well during his administration. You refuse to acknowledge that.
Trump had long ago feen found guilty in court of prejudice in avoiding renting against minorities. The bulk of Trump's entering politics was in response to the popularity of the first black president. His followers wanted to shake the Reagan policy of polite hidden racism. They wanted to become raucous again, and did, with policing murders and racist spree killings. In response to the Black Lives Matter protest, the Democrats put up bills against police misconduct against minorities and guaranteeing voting rights. The Republicans voted against them as a block. Meanwhile, Trump showed how much he cared about minorities by using the military to attack them.

Why do you consistently lie?

John

Re: The Big Truth about the "big lie"

Post by John »

Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:06 pm
John wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:55 pm
Spies who lie: 51 ‘intelligence’ experts refuse to apologize for discrediting true Hunter Biden story
I wondered. What sort of idiot would abandon a laptop with sensitive information? Yes, it has the hallmarks of a disinformation plot. But people will believe what they want to believe.

Interesting question. Why do people do
stupid things? You do stupid things. I
do stupid things, and at age 78 I'm at
leisure to contemplate how much better
my life would be if I hadn't done those
stupid things.

Putin's invasion of Ukraine was an
incredibly stupid thing. Xi Jinping has
done one stupid thing after another, and
will probably cap it all by starting WW
III.

Joe Biden does several stupid things
every week. Hunter Biden is a drug
addict, heavily involved in drugs,
prostitutes, international money
laundering, and many other crimes, all
based on sheer stupidity. Today he's
selling influence by selling his
ridiculous water color paintings for
hundreds of thousands of dollars each to
secret purchasers.

Many criminals commit so many crimes and
get away with them that they think
they're immune. That's certainly true
of the Biden family, possibly the most
corrupt in US history, because they can
commit any crime they want, and it will
be covered up by the mainstream media,
by the social media platforms, and by
people like you. This is the massive
illegal, unconstitutional censorship
that's been revealed in great detail by
the Twitter files.

I just heard a news report that Mexico's
top cop, Garcia Luna, was just convicted
of taking huge bribes from drug cartels
pumping drugs into the United States.
It turns out that he did something
incredibly stupid -- he moved to Texas.
This allowed the American courts to get
hold of him, because he never would have
been convicted in Mexico. He was like
Hunter Biden and got away with so many
crimes that he thought he was immune.

So why did Hunter Biden abandon his
laptop? He had left it at a repair
shop, so he may have felt getting it
back wasn't worth the trouble. He's
been laundering millions of dollars, so
he may have decided that he would rather
have the new latest and greatest laptop.
As for the "sensitive information" on
the laptop, he probably figured it would
all just be deleted, or if it got out,
he would simply deny it was his, and the
mainstream media would protect him. As
it turned out, the mainstream media and
the social media all conspired to form a
complete media blackout, even to the
extent of suppressing the entire NY
Post, the fourth largest newspaper in
the country by circulation, And of
course, the 51 lying "intelligence
officers" in the CIA and FBI helped with
the illegal coverup.

Of course, what nobody expected was that
the owner of the computer repair shop
would keep a copy of the laptop
contents. He turned the laptop over to
the FBI, but intead of investigating,
the FBI threatened the owner to stay out
of trouble by keeping his mouth shut.
He was so panicked about the situation
that he send a copy of the laptop
contents to Rudy Guliani, and eventually
it made its way to the NY Post
researchers. If it hadn't been for
that, the illegal Biden censorthip
regime might have succeeded.

As for the laptop itself, at the time
that the 51 lying "intelligence
officers" wrote their letter, the FBI
had already had the laptop for a year,
so they already knew that it was real,
not Russian disinformation.

In fact, on October 22, 2020, Tony
Bobulinski, a top-level business
associate of Hunter and Joe Biden,
became a whistleblower and made a public
statement about their corruption and
money laundering from China. The
Biden's are nothing but cheap crooks.

Tony Bobulinski Statement on Hunter
Biden
https://www.c-span.org/video/?477307-1/ ... nter-biden

Bobulinski was also interviewed several
times on Fox News, but of course he was
censored and shut out by the mainstream
media.

Bob Butler

Stupid People

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:38 pm
Interesting question. Why do people do stupid things? You do stupid things. I do stupid things, and at age 78 I'm at leisure to contemplate how much better my life would be if I hadn't done those stupid things...
I can agree with lots of your people are stupid comments, notably Putin, XI, criminals and Garcia Luna.

Thing is, there are Marco Polo bridges everywhere. If people are different, those tempted to cast shade will often find reasons to hate, oppress, and make up lies about how bad the people on the other side of the bridge are. You keep your eyes open, look for verifications or the opposite, and don’t engage any more than you have to in the vile gossip.

In the current House, the Republicans are launching investigations which are a thinly veiled excuse for negative propaganda. You soon learn to tune most of it out. Most of it ought to be tuned out. With the Senate and White House in Democratic hands, they couldn’t pass an agenda if they had one. The Democrats are trying to focus on kitchen table issues which do what the people would like, while forcing the Republicans to vote against them. A familiar tactic, Republicans making the Democratic plan fail, but they are setting themselves up as voting always against the desires of the American people. Can you see how that might backfire come 2024? They may have stuck with their tactic too long. Frankly, I think the Democrats have the better focus at the moment.

Well, it is a crisis. The problems are becoming obvious, the solutions more visible, the stupid people have done more stupid things, and those defending the old flaws are more desperate. In many ways the Republican alliance is between bigots fighting to keep white supremacy alive, religious fanatics fighting for medieval values, and elites seeking to maintain a large imbalance of wealth. To the extent there is truth in this, you can see why I am as dubious about the conservatives as you the progressives. At any rate, you see why the conservative faction in a crisis looses, even if they may dominate the other three turnings.

But I’m trapped exchanging barbs about how bad the other guys are with other posters doing the same thing. Yes, I will keep it up if the opposites do too, but it is becoming counterproductive.