Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
spottybrowncow

Re: Immigration (Il)logic

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm
Conservative politicians, and we have had not a few recently, generally do not want to finance the assimilation.
Robert, I have tried to ignore you, but when you post outside of your own thread, it is hard. "Finance the assimilation?" Are you out of your F-ing mind? (of course you are). Chinese, Vietnamese, Indians, Koreans, West Indies, Mexicans, EVERYONE WHO COMES IN LEGALLY, the list goes on and on, don't need financing, they just come over and KICK ASS working within the rules of our system. We should vet every immigrant to make sure they come PLANNING on assimilating, or they are worthless to us (us being the citizens of the United States, all citizens, not just the white ones, slow down boy). Your statement is the epitome of liberal cognitive dissonance. You somehow have to believe that it is our (white conservative US citizens' fault) that these illegal aliens are a liability, not an asset. Now, everyone watch, if Bob responds at all, it will be with some rambling incoherent nonsense which does not remotely address the substance of what I've said.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:45 pm
Now, everyone watch, if Bob responds at all, it will be with some rambling incoherent nonsense which does not remotely address the substance of what I've said.
There are many menial jobs. There are too many elites willing to offer low pay rates for them. Who are the illegals a liability to? The mythical people who would accept the jobs at a higher pay scale? The problem is that many illegals are considered an asset by those who want cheap labor. Not enough effort goes into seriously punishing the people who do the low rate hiring.

At least a serious post, not a personal attack. Not sure I dumbed it down enough for you to comprehend. Try really hard not to comment to me.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDI5cKLbBY[/youtube]
Sam Zell: This is the Weimar Republic
No one knows what they are doing.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Another guest wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:03 am
Heee wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:34 am
Why do governments allow for open borders for 3rd world migrants. It is nearly impossible to get my Asian wife a visa to live with me in America, but illegals walk in and free housing, medical, and cash. I have friends in England who say it is like that there too.

Why have governments allowed this? None of this makes any sense to me or anyone I know.

Are the conspiracy theorists telling the truth?
Good question. I have no answer for you. None of my friends know either. It goes against common sense.

I'm glad I don't have any children.
I told you already. "Common sense"

I'm shocked people are still this naive or ignorant.

Re: Chinese Power Projection

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:05 pm
Korea Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:12 am
Would a war on Taiwan necessarily mean a war on South Korea? Could South korea stay quiet?
Once a major war starts, power is projected by the antagonist everywhere possible.

China is primarily a land power. They could, potentially, have hundreds of millions of men eventually under arms. (Germany in WW2 had 30% or so of their population in military service during the war. Since China has population FAR greater than Germany, this could eventually mean 400 million Chinese soldiers. Thank goodness the Chinese are nowhere near as efficient as the Germans at military affairs. But half that many is still 200 million. 200 million Chinese soldiers).

Once war starts in earnest, and the gloves come off, they will look for any and all opportunities to use their armed masses. One obvious area is to go into South Korea, as this gives them a better shot at getting at Japan, the country they hate the most. I believe this will happen even if they cannot pull off a conquest of Taiwan.

Chinese troops and weaponry will appear anywhere they can get them. And yes, that includes sending men and armaments to Russia. (as well as marching into Vietnam and trying to get into India).

To our detriment, all of the heavy industry needed to create and arm mass armies has been moved to China over the last couple of decades. They are now the literal arsenal of evil, while we would require years to recreate our once great industrial base. We will be able to catch up, but it will require going from 1939 levels of production to 1943 levels, without having the 1939 industrial base to start off with.
A Chinese occupation of Taiwan is nothing but dream fodder for the CCP. We are not talking 1944 and the Normandy landings. Firstly, the distance is more than double; secondly satellite coverage would telegraph every Chinese preparation long in advance; thirdly where are they going to get the men from - Mao's One Child policy has gutted Chinese demographics and there will be about 400,000,000 less Chinese in 2047 than there are now; fourthly Taiwan has been preparing their defence for nearly 70 years and China doesn't even have the necessary ships yet; fifthly there will be a few submarines of other nations hanging around the Straits of Taiwan just to make sure that not a single Chinese sets foot on Taiwan.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:45 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm
Conservative politicians, and we have had not a few recently, generally do not want to finance the assimilation.
Robert, I have tried to ignore you, but when you post outside of your own thread, it is hard. "Finance the assimilation?" Are you out of your F-ing mind? (of course you are). Chinese, Vietnamese, Indians, Koreans, West Indies, Mexicans, EVERYONE WHO COMES IN LEGALLY, the list goes on and on, don't need financing, they just come over and KICK ASS working within the rules of our system. We should vet every immigrant to make sure they come PLANNING on assimilating, or they are worthless to us (us being the citizens of the United States, all citizens, not just the white ones, slow down boy). Your statement is the epitome of liberal cognitive dissonance. You somehow have to believe that it is our (white conservative US citizens' fault) that these illegal aliens are a liability, not an asset. Now, everyone watch, if Bob responds at all, it will be with some rambling incoherent nonsense which does not remotely address the substance of what I've said.
My recent post was more about European Immigration than that in North America.

Since the US has a substantial land border with a semi third world country, and since it the country has a long history of mass immigration, the issues are different than in Europe, though not completely.

Here is what I wrote on the subject a couple of years ago, and it is in line with Spotty's comments.
https://comingstorms.com/immigration/

IMMIGRATION

The Unites States was built by immigration. Almost everyone in the country is the descendant of an immigrant who came to the United States after it achieved independence. For much of its history, the United States was open to immigrants. There had been attempts to limit immigration in the past, but this is now a major political issue for the country today.

There is a major difference between the mass immigration in the past and the immigration taking place today. In the past, let’s say from 1880-1920, a major period of historical immigration, if you came to America, you had to take care of yourself. There were some ethnic based aide societies, but basically, your personal situation as an immigrant was up to you. You had to quickly find work and find ways to integrate into society. Many were unable to do this and returned home. In fact, about a THIRD of the immigrants in this period returned to their country of origin.

Today, if you come to the United States, the government does a lot to help you out. And it is costing the country a fortune to do this. Many say that immigrants pay taxes and are contributing to the country. This is true. Estimates are that immigrants pay about $19 Billion in taxes a year. But Federal and State governments pay a total of $115 Billion in aid and support for immigrants (figures from the “Federation for American Immigration Reform” website. Note that I deducted the $20 Billion spent on Border and Customs enforcement that would have to be spent anyway). The net result is that we pay just a bit under $100 Billion a year to support immigrants. The United States is, and always has been, the land of opportunity.

We should continue to welcome those who want to come here, work hard, and get ahead. The key word is “opportunity”. It is NOT a guarantee that the country will take care of you, and your family, as long as you are here.

“Opportunity” also means that those that come must do their best to make changes to be best able to take advantage of them. This means things like learning English, a willingness to work at whatever job is available, and getting education and skills to be even better positioned for future opportunities. We do a BIG disservice to those we try to help by accommodating their foreign languages in schools and government. If you don’t speak English in the United States, you will forever have extremely poor economic opportunities.

The language isn’t the only adjustment immigrants may need to make. They also have to accept American culture. This doesn’t mean changing the food they eat or the holidays they celebrate. But it does mean accepting the critical cultural norms of freedoms of speech, thought, and religion, as well as avoiding criminality and corruption.

Immigrants who are willing to work for themselves want to join mainstream America should always be welcomed with open arms. There is plenty of room, and we all collectively benefit from the increase in economic activity. On the other hand, those who come here looking for a handout or who are unwilling to adopt to American freedoms, or, worse yet, are here with criminal intent, need to be sent back.

What to Do

Building a Wall isn’t going to fix America’s immigration problem. It might be helpful in some high traffic areas for illegal crossings, but more than half of the illegal immigrants in the United States get here on visas that they then overstay. Unfortunately, the only real way to identify and then deport illegal immigrants is to have national identity cards/papers.

Businesses and other employers of illegal immigrants should face SEVERE penalties. Illegals who have entered multiple times should have stronger penalties than just another deportation.

We need to reduce services and government aid to immigrants, especially the illegal ones. Services like hospital emergency rooms are expensive to everyone, and those with no proper claim to these should not be able to use them. Welfare and housing assistance should be reserved for those who were actually invited in (such as legitimate war refugees vetted prior to entry), and only for a limited time even in those cases (widows with children and orphans being the exceptions of course).

On the other hand, we do need to have a viable immigration system. We do want people to come here who want to work hard and build better lives for themselves and their children. That’s exactly why our own ancestors came here. We do need a system of work permits or a guest worker program. Those that prove themselves would then be able to earn the right to stay. Others with desirable skills, such as medical professionals, engineers and so on, should be able to apply to come. And those who are criminals need to be punished and then removed.

Post by Guest »

That's a nice post, unfortunately the reality of illegal immigration in America and Europe is quite bad. Crime, poverty, and the diseases many migrants bring is swept under the rug by most media and government. Migrants are also changing the cultures of countries; assimilation is now openly reviled as 'white supremacy'. The West has been hijacked by an insane minority; the 60s on crack cocaine. Westerners are being raped, robbed, and murdered out of existence.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:31 pm

A Chinese occupation of Taiwan is nothing but dream fodder for the CCP. We are not talking 1944 and the Normandy landings. Firstly, the distance is more than double; secondly satellite coverage would telegraph every Chinese preparation long in advance; thirdly where are they going to get the men from - Mao's One Child policy has gutted Chinese demographics and there will be about 400,000,000 less Chinese in 2047 than there are now; fourthly Taiwan has been preparing their defence for nearly 70 years and China doesn't even have the necessary ships yet; fifthly there will be a few submarines of other nations hanging around the Straits of Taiwan just to make sure that not a single Chinese sets foot on Taiwan.
To me, whether or not the CCP is successful in taking Taiwan or not is not the point. The point is that they are going to try. This will start a major war. And when it starts, they aren't going to just "give up" if their invasion fails. Germany's invasion of France in 1914 failed. Look what it took for that war to end.

The CCP is going to try every trick in the book when the war starts. They have tens of thousands of military age agents already in Taiwan. They have smuggled arms into the country for them (how long has trade btwn mainland China and Taiwan, plus tourist/family visiting been taking place? Think this is all innocent?). They will go after infrastructure and secure landing sites and airfields. They will suddenly land hundreds of redirected "airliners" full of soldiers to the secured landing fields.

They will have merchant ships full of soldiers and "fishing vessels" coordinated to land at Taiwan when the moment comes. They will grab the Penghu islands quickly to use as a staging ground for their main assault. They will redeploy from the mainland to these islands to conduct the actual main assault.

At the outset, they will set off EMP weapons to disrupt Taiwanese communications and electronic equipment. They will conduct a "Pearl Harbor" on the high seas to attempt to neutralize US Naval Forces in the region.

Before the war, they will mobilize towards their mainland debarkation points then disperse as an "exercise" a number of times, so that the Taiwanese are not sure when the actual moment is coming. The Taiwanese cannot economically afford to mobilize their reserves every time this happens, and they will be caught like the Israelis were in the 1973 war.

This doesn't mean that their invasion will be a sure success. But once they do these things, they are fully committed. And WW3 has begun.

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:38 pm

We need to reduce services and government aid to immigrants, especially the illegal ones. Services like hospital emergency rooms are expensive to everyone, and those with no proper claim to these should not be able to use them. Welfare and housing assistance should be reserved for those who were actually invited in (such as legitimate war refugees vetted prior to entry), and only for a limited time even in those cases (widows with children and orphans being the exceptions of course).

On the other hand, we do need to have a viable immigration system. We do want people to come here who want to work hard and build better lives for themselves and their children. That’s exactly why our own ancestors came here. We do need a system of work permits or a guest worker program. Those that prove themselves would then be able to earn the right to stay. Others with desirable skills, such as medical professionals, engineers and so on, should be able to apply to come. And those who are criminals need to be punished and then removed.
Never happen.

I am praying for national breakups in Europe and America.

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:54 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:31 pm

To me, whether or not the CCP is successful in taking Taiwan or not is not the point. The point is that they are going to try. This will start a major war. And when it starts, they aren't going to just "give up" if their invasion fails. Germany's invasion of France in 1914 failed. Look what it took for that war to end.

The CCP is going to try every trick in the book when the war starts. They have tens of thousands of military age agents already in Taiwan. They have smuggled arms into the country for them (how long has trade btwn mainland China and Taiwan, plus tourist/family visiting been taking place? Think this is all innocent?). They will go after infrastructure and secure landing sites and airfields. They will suddenly land hundreds of redirected "airliners" full of soldiers to the secured landing fields.

They will have merchant ships full of soldiers and "fishing vessels" coordinated to land at Taiwan when the moment comes. They will grab the Penghu islands quickly to use as a staging ground for their main assault. They will redeploy from the mainland to these islands to conduct the actual main assault.

At the outset, they will set off EMP weapons to disrupt Taiwanese communications and electronic equipment. They will conduct a "Pearl Harbor" on the high seas to attempt to neutralize US Naval Forces in the region.

Before the war, they will mobilize towards their mainland debarkation points then disperse as an "exercise" a number of times, so that the Taiwanese are not sure when the actual moment is coming. The Taiwanese cannot economically afford to mobilize their reserves every time this happens, and they will be caught like the Israelis were in the 1973 war.

This doesn't mean that their invasion will be a sure success. But once they do these things, they are fully committed. And WW3 has begun.
How long before the nukes start flying?

Isn't the CCP plan to nuke Japan preemptively?