Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Bob Butler

Bias

Post by Bob Butler »

thinker wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:27 pm
Bob posts a link to an article by the communist rag The Guardian as proof of Trump being a rapist.
I picked the Guardian article as it quoted the Judge from the bench saying Trump was by common language a rapist. It was just the first article quoting the judge that appeared on Goggle. The judge was quoted many times by many papers. You just seek out an excuse for your biased reliance on certain sources.

I wouldn't say John is too reliant on the main stream press, but on Fox and Trump. Fox lost the defamation case for telling it's audience what it wanted to hear. Trump is widely recognized as a liar. If your world view is warped by over reliance on biased sources, your worldview will be biased.

Guest yyy

Re: Partisanship

Post by Guest yyy »

Bob Butler wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:51 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:30 pm
I don’t care and was just curious about Bob’s perspective on things. Bob, you seem pretty passionate on your position, which I can appreciate, but also disagree with.

Most people are entrenched in their political views and I am no different. It’s unfortunate that our political class and media have divided us so greatly, especially in the last several years.

My hope is that somehow this country will continue on, and that people will realize how much our leaders hold us all in contempt and wish we were no longer a nuisance, be it on the right or left. The majority does not care about anything other than getting re-elected and staying cash flow (extremely) positive, to our detriment.
I sure can't argue with the passionate or entrenched parts. I see Trump and Fox lying to their crowd, which is much more than just a nuisance. The majority? The Democrats are at least trying for kitchen table issues, while the Republicans are impeaching without evidence. I guess that justifies partisanship, but you can justify it the other way if you believe the lies.
Butler's hypocrisy is eye watering.

jdcpapa

Re: Bias

Post by jdcpapa »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:46 am
thinker wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:27 pm
Bob posts a link to an article by the communist rag The Guardian as proof of Trump being a rapist.
I picked the Guardian article as it quoted the Judge from the bench saying Trump was by common language a rapist. It was just the first article quoting the judge that appeared on Goggle. The judge was quoted many times by many papers. You just seek out an excuse for your biased reliance on certain sources.

I wouldn't say John is too reliant on the main stream press, but on Fox and Trump. Fox lost the defamation case for telling it's audience what it wanted to hear. Trump is widely recognized as a liar. If your world view is warped by over reliance on biased sources, your worldview will be biased.
Please provide evidence that Trump was convicted of rape and that Fox was found guilty of defamation.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

jdcpapa wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:05 am
Please provide evidence that Trump was convicted of rape and that Fox was found guilty of defamation.
https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dom ... e747fb0afe

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/j ... ation-case

Technically, Fox settled with its Dominion lawsuit out of court. Smartmatic is still pending.

I cannot continually do everybody's research on Earth 1. Please try a google or two before asking me to do your thinking for you.
Last edited by Bob Butler on Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

FullMoon

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FullMoon »

As China piles pressure on the
neighboring Philippines to cede ground in the South China Sea, a nonpartisan congressional research institute has given the United States a list of options to support its oldest ally in Asia, including military avenues that may lead to a direct confrontation.

Beijing's intensifying efforts to dislodge Manila from one of its outposts in the Spratly Islands archipelago "raises the possibility of a crisis or conflict involving China, the Philippines, and potentially the United States," the Congressional Research Service's December 13 report said.

The U.S. and Philippines share a 72-year-old Mutual Defense Treaty, which requires American forces to intervene in the event of an "armed attack" on the Philippines, including in the energy-rich South China Sea.
Congressional Report Lists 'Military Options' To Aid US Ally Against China

https://www.newsweek.com/congressional- ... na-1853873

Someone has to step down and pull back but that's not an option for either side at this time. Therefore we sit on the brink and hope some stupid small thing doesn't rapidly progress to an outcome in which nobody wins and few actually survive.

FullMoon

Re: Partisanship

Post by FullMoon »

Butler's hypocrisy is eye watering.
Yes, he's afflicted with a psychological obsession. It's called Trump derangement syndrome. A hatred so deep that it's penetrated the depths of hell and projects it outwards. I'm not an advocate for Trump and if he was as good as he'd like to say he is, then he'd have plenty of people who could independently work. But he centralizes everything into a cult of personality and it's reasonable for an American to dislike this and oppose it. But reason has disappeared from politics.

spottybrowncow

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by spottybrowncow »

Trump has never been found guilty of rape, so don't waste your time looking, the proof isn't there. He lost a civil litigation with a very partisan hack judge and very partisan jury, and the plaintiff couldn't even remember when the alleged event occurred. If the suit had been lodged against anyone else, it would have been thrown out for lack of evidence.

jdcpapa

Post by jdcpapa »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:50 am
jdcpapa wrote:

Technically, Fox settled with its Dominion lawsuit out of court. Smartmatic is still pending.

I cannot continually do everybody's research on Earth 1. Please try a google or two before asking me to do your thinking for you.
In the Carroll case, the jury concluded that "she failed to prove Trump had raped her". Read your own cite. In the Fox case, your cite does not support a guilty verdict or an admission of guilt. Your insult is unfounded.

Post by Guest »

jdcpapa wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:48 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:50 am
jdcpapa wrote:

In the Carroll case, the jury concluded that "she failed to prove Trump had raped her". Read your own cite. In the Fox case, your cite does not support a guilty verdict or an admission of guilt. Your insult is unfounded.
BB doesn't let the facts cloud his judgement.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

jdcpapa wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:48 am
In the Fox case, during discovery phase, before the settlement, Murdock admitted to lying on air to increase audience share. ‘It is not red or blue, it is green:'

In the Carroll case there are New York legal definitions of sexual assault and rape. The judge from the bench proclaimed the either act would be understood as rape in commonly used language.

If you are counting on that degree of weasel wording to make your point, the insult is very much deserved. Fox lied. Trump raped.