Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

FullMoon wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:57 pm
I am convinced that the Russians are not "pulling out the stops" (as in going to a full war economy and raising/training European Russian units) in accordance with agreements with China (China doesn't want western military mobilization until they make their move). I think that the European intelligence agencies have figured this out and that is why they are starting to try and prepare their populations for what is coming. Though that is a loosing battle in Europe, with the exceptions of Poland, Finland and possibly Sweden.
I have been thinking that the Russians got 'tricked' into their current predicament. Because you and Xeraphim said at that time that it wasn't logical and foolish. As if they could have just rolled a column of tanks down and made Kiev give in. That's what it looked like as if they didn't understand modern warfare. I was thinking they were going quickly to full mobilization of the country from what I've seen.
I'm still looking at Sino-Sunni Axis vs basically everyone else. It seems crazy because it is. But they might think they've got a chance to take the table or go down in glory. Seems crazy. But we gotta understand that they're not reasoning like we do. They've got everything to win and nothing to lose to some degree
The Russians believed incorrect intelligence reports regarding Ukraine collapsing when they initially showed up. These reports were evidently what the "higher ups" wanted to hear, and the Ukrainians did a lot of disinformation as well. The result is that the Russians rolled in like it was 2014, thinking it would be quickly over.

When it wasn't, they decided to gamble and go "all in", and they got their butts handed to them. Now they are able to maintain their front lines, but neither side can break through. The attritional stuff is going the Ukrainian's way, but will only continue to do so if we keep up the supplies of ammunition to them. To me it is really scary to see the West and even US congress waffling on supporting the Ukrainians. They are currently our best defense.

The Russians and Chinese are pretty co-dependent. I believe that the Russians have even had to go so far as to make a "post war" agreement with the Chinese by which they will give China large portions of Siberia in return for substantial help in regaining lost European territory (Ukraine, Baltics) and in "punishing" Western Europe for what they see as "encroachment" on their eastern European sphere of influence. The Russians want their European power/status restored far more than they want to retain Siberian lands or Pacific ports.

The Iranians are also in on the Russia-China alliance, and have their own objectives as they view Russia/China will keep the USA busy while they get it on with the Isrealis (and the Sunnis). Luckily for the Israelis, the middle east can easily turn into a 3 way war, with the Sunnis and Shiites (Iranians) fighting each other as much as them.

As for the Chinese finally making the big move on Taiwan, I think it is more dependent on Xi needing to gain complete/total control of the country (which comes with wartime measures) than on them actually thinking they can win. But I think the Chinese have a LOT of surprises in store for us, plus I am sure they are arming for drone based conflict, while Western (including Japan/S Korea/Taiwan) are lagging behind. [By this I mean that at this point, we should be training whole battalions of drone operators. I am sure the Chinese are]

Post by Guest »

I look at Russia as being more akin to the Ottoman Empire: multi-ethnic and religious to the extreme. Belorussians view themselves as European Christians with closer ties to Poland and Ukraine, not Russia, which they view as a polygot nation. Russians west of the Urals want to be European, not Asiatics.

Could Putin have cut a deal with the Chinese to give up parts of Siberia, yes, probably, but it would be extremely unpopular with the average Russia who has an imperial mindset. Putin looked to be on the verge of tears, the stress evident in his face, when he said goodbye to President Xi after their summit last year. Putin hates being at the mercy of the Chinese. Russians think of themselves as being superior to the Chinese. It is humiliating to be in the situation they are now. If Putin has secretly agreed to a territory swap for support, he did so believing (or hoping) that he could get that lost territory back after China's defeat and collapse (like after the Brest-Litovsk treaty in the First World War). Putin was left reeling throughout 2022 and most of 2023. I doubt he is really that confident now. Russia's economy is in bad shape and the Russia state medical system, never good, is on the brink of collapse.

The Ukraine war is bleeding Russia white in all sectors.

The Japanese and Koreans are on the ball. They are forward thinking and both countries are arsenals. South Korea and Japan are piled high with munitions and drones. You underestimate them.

China is in disarray. I see little support for waging war over Taiwan. But, I agree, Xi needs to hold onto power.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:30 am
I look at Russia as being more akin to the Ottoman Empire: multi-ethnic and religious to the extreme. Belorussians view themselves as European Christians with closer ties to Poland and Ukraine, not Russia, which they view as a polygot nation. Russians west of the Urals want to be European, not Asiatics.
I don't mean they are extremely religious people, I mean that the religious differences in Russia are huge.

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Bitcoin to the Moon?

More like Bitcoin into a black hole.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:30 am

Could Putin have cut a deal with the Chinese to give up parts of Siberia, yes, probably, but it would be extremely unpopular with the average Russia who has an imperial mindset. Putin looked to be on the verge of tears, the stress evident in his face, when he said goodbye to President Xi after their summit last year. Putin hates being at the mercy of the Chinese. Russians think of themselves as being superior to the Chinese. It is humiliating to be in the situation they are now. If Putin has secretly agreed to a territory swap for support, he did so believing (or hoping) that he could get that lost territory back after China's defeat and collapse (like after the Brest-Litovsk treaty in the First World War). Putin was left reeling throughout 2022 and most of 2023. I doubt he is really that confident now. Russia's economy is in bad shape and the Russia state medical system, never good, is on the brink of collapse.

The Ukraine war is bleeding Russia white in all sectors.

The Japanese and Koreans are on the ball. They are forward thinking and both countries are arsenals. South Korea and Japan are piled high with munitions and drones. You underestimate them.

China is in disarray. I see little support for waging war over Taiwan. But, I agree, Xi needs to hold onto power.
I cannot disagree with you, and I don't think you are really disagreeing with my points either. Definitely something has been worked out between Russian and China, and I would say that both probably view their "post-war" agreement as something that can be "adjusted" afterwards (as in the Germans and the Japanese would have gone after each other if they had won WW2).

Russia is definitely reeling, and their best hope right now is that the West buys into their propaganda that the Ukraine war is a stalemate and that they should reduce arms shipments to the Ukraine.

While South Korea is well armed, I am not so sure about Japan. And both are following US military doctrine. Neither has battalions of drone pilots (though, like us, they should).

The Russians are adjusting to the drone battlefield, and, as a result of their operational and tactical experience, are ahead of the non-Ukraine west. This could give them a window of opportunity to use this advantage (granted - a small window), should Ukraine be hung out to dry.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:18 pm
The liberals promised us a liberal Star Trek woke future; instead, they have given us technological and societal regression.
Actually, liberals have been assimilated by the BORG and they aren't even aware of it.

My best wishes to you, John.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Disarray... It seems everywhere is trending that way. They probably don't want a war because even the small chance of victory requires a sacrifice few could even imagine. What's the use of all the people are gone and there's nothing left, especially any cultural backlog of a long and interesting history that every culture has and the Chinese have a very long one. To be responsible for the ending of the cultural history makes victory pyrrhic by it's very definition.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I think that Xi is very willing to require massive sacrifice by everyone except himself. At this point he probably thinks the worst that could happen is that he ends up in a situation like Putin and can hang on until the West gets tired and negotiates some kind of status quo agreement.

Chinese leaders, especially ones like Xi and his great example, Mao, are notorious for not caring about potentially hundreds of millions of casualties.

In the end, I think it will take a revolution in China to overthrow him and the CCP. Similar to the anti-Kaiser uprising at the end of WW1 in Germany.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:59 am
FullMoon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:19 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:40 pm

How do find common ground with people who believe they are entitled to rape, rob, and murder? How do I find common ground with people who think shoplifting and looting are reparations for slavery? How do I find common ground with people that push CRT and openly call for white genocide?

Explain that.
Common ground is found when everyone is fighting for a common cause.
Too bad there isn't any. Not even war with China would you unite us. The Latinos are a 5th column already. Don't believe me? Go on Telegram and read it for yourself.
Diversity interferes with ALL institutions doing their jobs. Instead of having the best firemen, brain surgeons, and pilots, we also need to worry about adding blacks and browns WHO WERE NOT HIRED WHEN COMPETENCE WAS THE ONLY CRITERION.

The big difference between the FBI and other jobs is that I want the FBI to be incompetent. The same is true of the social welfare bureaucracies, universities, and Left NGOs. I want those to be diverse to the point of collapse.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:26 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:59 am
FullMoon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:19 am

Common ground is found when everyone is fighting for a common cause.
Too bad there isn't any. Not even war with China would you unite us. The Latinos are a 5th column already. Don't believe me? Go on Telegram and read it for yourself.
Diversity interferes with ALL institutions doing their jobs. Instead of having the best firemen, brain surgeons, and pilots, we also need to worry about adding blacks and browns WHO WERE NOT HIRED WHEN COMPETENCE WAS THE ONLY CRITERION.

The big difference between the FBI and other jobs is that I want the FBI to be incompetent. The same is true of the social welfare bureaucracies, universities, and Left NGOs. I want those to be diverse to the point of collapse.
Laowhy on how the Commies are using social media and sites like these in the propaganda war. Because this comment is obviously Commie propaganda. Americans want an effective agency to fight against your Red asse(t)s.

https://youtu.be/ccDYvhVDCEQ?si=_k48dhz-ctqt4fpY

FBI has warned us that something is coming. They've already assigned blame and people will just assume who did it. This is probably a form of American propaganda but based upon facts. I hope the FBI can help us. God help us with what's coming.

https://apnews.com/article/fbi-china-es ... 2a34a99d4e
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... rcna136524
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chinas- ... =106815323
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/31/politics ... index.html
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chines ... ctor-warns