Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
CH86
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by CH86 »

John wrote:
Hintergrund wrote: > And where exactly did Obama say "Boomers, drop dead"? That's what
> you're interpreting. I guess you'll have a reason for it.
I was mimicking the following from October 30, 1975:

Image

Ford didn't say "Drop dead" either.
Although this is from 1975, the generational explanation of Ford's veto here was probably as follows. The City of New York was overspending well above its budget in order to satisfy the excessive demands of the (then young adult) boomers. President Ford being a GI and realizing that excessive spending could be the first domino in a spiral that might lead to a general recession or even a depression as in 1929, therefore rejected the requests from the City of New York for government bailout Money.

Hintergrund
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by Hintergrund »

John wrote:
Hintergrund wrote: > And where exactly did Obama say "Boomers, drop dead"? That's what
> you're interpreting. I guess you'll have a reason for it.
I was mimicking the following from October 30, 1975:

Image

Ford didn't say "Drop dead" either.
If that's the only bit of my message you bother to answer, I guess you're unable to defend yourself against the rest I said.

BTW, since you didn't seem to notice: The image doesn't show.

Hintergrund
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by Hintergrund »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Hintergrund wrote:
Why shouldn't they be? Generations before them made them this way. Xers didn't wreck schools, families and other institutions. Other people did, barely admit that there is a wrong, let alone that they did it, or fixing it.
That's the point of the GD Theory.

Individuals can "overcome" their "upbringing". Only exceptional individuals do so, though.
Interesting. But the big question is: What to do after that? Especially since in this case, the fuckers who broke everything are still out there. Why bother to build up something as long as the wreckers run free and unpunished?
As far as I can see, practically all ideologues are hypocrites - Socialists who have millions in their bank account, ecologists with private jets, Christians who aren't very Christian, and fascists who want to let others do the fight. How are people supposed to get values from them? Anyone younger who believes the Boomers is either very naive or very disturbed.
Ideology = Hypocrisy (by definition)

So, that makes everyone a hypocrite (as everyone has an ideology).
Funny idea you have there. Is there nobody in the world left who actually does what he preaches?
Apparently, hypocrites are not to be sources of values.

Therefore, where SHOULD values come from?
From somebody who actually lives them? - At the very least, hypocrites shouldn't be surprised if their "Do what I say, not what I do" doesn't work, because it never does.
The Boomer generation might end up as the most-hated generation in history, and with justification. Better repent while you can.
Individuals can't "repent" for the sins of their "upbringing encumbered" generational brethren (or anyone else for that matter).
They can, if they have failed to do anything to stop them.

FishbellykanakaDude
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Hintergrund wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Hintergrund wrote:
Why shouldn't they be? Generations before them made them this way. Xers didn't wreck schools, families and other institutions. Other people did, barely admit that there is a wrong, let alone that they did it, or fixing it.
That's the point of the GD Theory.

Individuals can "overcome" their "upbringing". Only exceptional individuals do so, though.
Interesting. But the big question is: What to do after that? Especially since in this case, the fuckers who broke everything are still out there. Why bother to build up something as long as the wreckers run free and unpunished?
Life, as a verb, is not an alternative to anything,.. or put another way: What you "do" after "whatever" is Life.

You build things to BUILD THINGS. :) You don't build things because your "builds" are guaranteed to be around until you die,.. or until you take a crap.

If you want to build a thing that punishes criminals who wreck things, then build that.
As far as I can see, practically all ideologues are hypocrites - Socialists who have millions in their bank account, ecologists with private jets, Christians who aren't very Christian, and fascists who want to let others do the fight. How are people supposed to get values from them? Anyone younger who believes the Boomers is either very naive or very disturbed.
Ideology = Hypocrisy (by definition)

So, that makes everyone a hypocrite (as everyone has an ideology).
Funny idea you have there. Is there nobody in the world left who actually does what he preaches?
Does it matter? You STILL have to deal with whatever you're presented with, and while it might SEEM preferable to deal with non-hypocrites, would it actually be? I'm not so sure.

The "allowance" within a society of a certain amount of hypocrisy is a kind of "grease", or "wiggle room", within which something interesting (and hopefully useful) might occur.

Hypocrisy can be seen as a TRAP. Hypocrites (of the "serious" kind) almost always eventually dishonor and discredit themselves and their past work, so it's nature's "method" of exposing the bozos out there, isn't it?

Hypocrisy seems to me a bit, or a lot, like alcohol. It's "value" depends on how it's used.

Apparently, hypocrites are not to be sources of values.

Therefore, where SHOULD values come from?
From somebody who actually lives them? - At the very least, hypocrites shouldn't be surprised if their "Do what I say, not what I do" doesn't work, because it never does.
Values come from the generalized behaviors of everyone and everything you experience, and it is spectacularly unwise to get them from a tiny subset of those people and things.

Those "serious" hypocrites, who put themselves up as "heroes" should be laughed off the planet, in my opinion.

The Boomer generation might end up as the most-hated generation in history, and with justification. Better repent while you can.
Individuals can't "repent" for the sins of their "upbringing encumbered" generational brethren (or anyone else for that matter).
They can, if they haven't failed to do anything to stop them.
(I've "fixed" the red bit above.)

No. They can't.

..I think you're confusing "repentance" with "escaping blame".

No one but you is responsible for your behavior, and you can't be blamed for anyone else's behavior.

Once that basic principle breaks down, where repentance and blame are confused and conflated, "societal logic" becomes nonsensical babbling in service to chaotic (social) disintegration.

If you wanna catch bad guys, go catch bad guys, but don't create bad guys or excuse bad guys by confusing the meanings of words.


Aloha! :) <shaka nui!>


John
Posts: 9395
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by John »

I did a quick search to find a response. This is all I came up with.
Something on Gen-X dishonesty, destructiveness and
self-destructiveness would be more effective.

Image


http://rall.com/comic/generation-x-employed

CH86
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by CH86 »

Nope the story is that Xers ideas could have lead to a golden age if only they had been listened to, instead the boomers by being close-minded refused to acknowledge that alternate worldviews had any validity. Instead boomers doubled-down on their primary obsessions, in the US and Europe's' case this meant boomers doubling down on their singular obsession: Human Rights.

Hintergrund
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by Hintergrund »

John wrote: Something on Gen-X dishonesty, destructiveness and
self-destructiveness would be more effective.
If some Xers are dishonest, they probably learned from the elder generations. Like those "Artists" who virtue-signal how unjust the world is, without ever thinking of creating true generational justice (they're experts, they know how the machine works, but they know even better how their bread is buttered). Or those "Prophets" who act as if they were always right, even and especially when they're wrong. Like the spoiled narcissists they are. (All those Boomer demonstrations, signature lists, sit-ins and other *-ins... just like spoiled kids who want someone else to clean up the mess, even if it's their mess.)

If the Xers destructive, they're just returning what they were given from the older ones. Kick a nice dog every day? Don't be surprised if he bites back one day.

Self-destructive? Yes, that's a real problem. In that regard, they're like those poor kids who blame themselves for the broken marriage of their parents. Even if they have no reason to do so. It's stated like that even in "The 4th Turning" - they blame themselves for the world going down the drain just in the moment they came into it.

John
Posts: 9395
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by John »

John wrote: > Something on Gen-X dishonesty, destructiveness and
> self-destructiveness would be more effective.
Hintergrund wrote: > If some Xers are dishonest, they probably learned from the elder
> generations. Like those "Artists" who virtue-signal how unjust the
> world is, without ever thinking of creating true generational
> justice (they're experts, they know how the machine works, but
> they know even better how their bread is buttered). Or those
> "Prophets" who act as if they were always right, even and
> especially when they're wrong. Like the spoiled narcissists they
> are. (All those Boomer demonstrations, signature lists, sit-ins
> and other *-ins... just like spoiled kids who want someone else to
> clean up the mess, even if it's their mess.)

> If the Xers destructive, they're just returning what they were
> given from the older ones. Kick a nice dog every day? Don't be
> surprised if he bites back one day.

> Self-destructive? Yes, that's a real problem. In that regard,
> they're like those poor kids who blame themselves for the broken
> marriage of their parents. Even if they have no reason to do
> so. It's stated like that even in "The 4th Turning" - they blame
> themselves for the world going down the drain just in the moment
> they came into it.
I don't disagree with most of what you've written, but sit-ins had
absolutely nothing to do with it.

Feminists and the liberal media portrayed all men as evil,
misogynists, women-hating, abusive, testosterone-driven, batterers,
rapists, harassers, sexually exploitive, tyrannical, while women are
natural, nurturing, consensus-building, healing, intuitive, and so
forth.

In the 1970s-90s, feminists and liberal media strongly encouraged
mothers to dump the fathers and collect child support. They were
encouraged to collect as much child support as possible by making
false accusations about battering, making false accusations of child
abuse, doing everything possible to prevent the father from seeing his
children, so that the mother could collect more child support.

The result was that many children, like yourself, had no fathers
except for a string of men in their mothers' beds. From a statistical
point of view, by far most physical child abuse (beatings, etc.) are
perpetrated by the mother, even when you account for more time spent
with the children. Most sexual child abuse is perpetrated by mothers'
boyfriends, although social workers always made sure to blame the real
father, even if he never saw the kids. Drinking and drugs are common
among single mothers and their boyfriends, which often leaves the
children at the mercy of a pair of abusers. The safest place for a
child of divorce is with his biological father and his second
wife.

So you say you learned dishonesty from the older generation? I agree.
Your mother would go into court and lie, accusing your father of
battering and abuse, and she would always win. Feminists encouraged
mothers to lie to everyone, especially in court, and that's where you
learned to be dishonest.

Children from your generation learned very well from the way that your
mothers lied to screw over your fathers. That's why children from
your generation got masters degrees in financial engineering in the
90s, and then used it in the 2000s to knowingly create fraudulent
synthetic mortgage-backed securities. They thought they were
defrauding their evil fathers, but instead they created the financial
crisis that left millions of people bankrupt and homeless.

Everything I've written here is well-documented and well-sourced in my
book, "Fraternizing with the Enemy," based on enormous amount of
research. Most of what you read or hear in the media, from either the
left or the right, about gender issues is total, absolute, incoherent
garbage. (The same is true of economic issues, incidentally.) Since
my book is totally fact-based, with everything carefully sourced,
reading it might help you understand what you're going through, and
might put in perspective whatever life experience you've had that
you're reacting to.

My book is available for free as a PDF file from my download page:
http://generationaldynamics.com/download

Hintergrund
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Post by Hintergrund »

Nothing against your antifeminism, you have several points there, but this:

"The result was that many children, like yourself, had no fathers
except for a string of men in their mothers' beds."

What the fuck is wrong with you? You don't even know me and call my mother a slut? WTF? Is that some "cultural thing" because you're Greek and no westerner? - I've met autistic people who were better diplomats than you are. Work on that.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests