Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
thomasglee
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby thomasglee » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:56 pm

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:<chuckle, chuckle, chuckle...>

..Iʻm sure nobody minds a few chuckles at the F-bomb "war" in progress. :) Weʻre all anti-PC folks around here, right?

BUT,.. is this a GD Crisis F-bomb War, or just one of those fizzly wars?


That is funny.
Money is merely our mental measure of wealth - it is NOT wealth.

- Martin Armstrong

Trevor
Posts: 1093
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:43 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby Trevor » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Well, when my generation takes power, god help us. From what I've seen of the millennials, what we're likely to do is leave the United States in utter ruin.

John
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby John » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Trevor wrote:> Well, when my generation takes power, god help us. From what I've
> seen of the millennials, what we're likely to do is leave the
> United States in utter ruin.


Don't worry, Trevor, the Pivotals will save you.

** 25-Mar-18 World View -- The rise of the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e180325.htm#e180325

User avatar
Tom Mazanec
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby Tom Mazanec » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:48 pm

John wrote:
John wrote:> The greatest IT disaster in world history: Healthcare.gov.
> It was implemented by Gen-Xers, a project defined by incomptence,
> corruption, fraud and stupidity.


Hintergrund wrote:> Oh, fuck you. Last time I checked Obama was a Boomer.


Fuck you too. Obama is a Gen-Xer, he considers himself to
be a Gen-Xer, and he hates Boomers.

** Barack Obama to Boomers: Drop dead!
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e070123.htm#e070123


** The nihilism and self-destructiveness of Generation X
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e080121c.htm#e080121c



John, here is what I got from Wikipedia:
Born: August 4, 1961 (age 56), Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.

What is the Boomer ending date?
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

John
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby John » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Tom Mazanec wrote:> John, here is what I got from Wikipedia: Born: August 4, 1961 (age
> 56), Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S. What is the Boomer ending
> date?


1959. The birth years are all explained in the above referenced
article on the Pivotal generation.

Hintergrund
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby Hintergrund » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Tom Mazanec wrote:John, here is what I got from Wikipedia:
Born: August 4, 1961 (age 56), Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.

What is the Boomer ending date?


When was the last time you read the book? Strauss/Howe clearly say the Boomer cohort goes until 1960, so Obama's borderline. He's certainly very idealist (or sounds like it), even if he achieved nothing - just like other boomers. And he's definitely a boomer if you define boomers by "high birth rates", which ended around 1964, not earlier.

Furthermore... maybe the Turnings work in a different way in Hawaii than in the continental US and Britain? Independent royal Hawaii got a constitution in 1887, became a republic in 1894, was annexed in 1898. How does that fit with the Turnings in the US?

Hintergrund
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby Hintergrund » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 pm

John wrote:
John wrote:> The greatest IT disaster in world history: Healthcare.gov.
> It was implemented by Gen-Xers, a project defined by incomptence,
> corruption, fraud and stupidity.


Hintergrund wrote:> Oh, fuck you. Last time I checked Obama was a Boomer.


Fuck you too. Obama is a Gen-Xer, he considers himself to
be a Gen-Xer, and he hates Boomers.

** Barack Obama to Boomers: Drop dead!
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e070123.htm#e070123



Lemme quote you/Obama: "I sometimes felt as if I were watching the psychodrama of the baby boom generation — a tale rooted in old grudges and revenge plots hatched on a handful of college campuses long ago — played out on the national stage." - Takes one to know one. Just because he's a Boomer himself he can't hate boomers? Familiarity breeds contempt. Neil Howe is a boomer too, and it didn't stop him from writing his book that says: "Prophet" generations are spoiled as kids, narcissistic as young people, moralistic/hypocritical as middle-aged ones. Maybe they could repair a bit if they finally grew wise, but so far I don't see any evidence for it, even deep in the Crisis.

You're "good-hearted folks who care about individuals"? That's what you say. Prove it. By your deeds. Talking is no deed.

And where exactly did Obama say "Boomers, drop dead"? That's what you're interpreting. I guess you'll have a reason for it.

Hintergrund
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby Hintergrund » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:03 pm



Why shouldn't they be? Generations before them made them this way. Xers didn't wreck schools, families and other institutions. Other people did, barely admit that there is a wrong, let alone that they did it, or fixing it.

As far as I can see, practically all ideologues are hypocrites - Socialists who have millions in their bank account, ecologists with private jets, Christians who aren't very Christian, and fascists who want to let others do the fight. How are people supposed to get values from them? Anyone younger who believes the Boomers is either very naive or very disturbed.

The Boomer generation might end up as the most-hated generation in history, and with justification. Better repent while you can.

John
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby John » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Hintergrund wrote:> And where exactly did Obama say "Boomers, drop dead"? That's what
> you're interpreting. I guess you'll have a reason for it.


I was mimicking the following from October 30, 1975:

Image

Ford didn't say "Drop dead" either.

FishbellykanakaDude
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: Gen X'ers Have Arrived! :)

Postby FishbellykanakaDude » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:41 pm

Hintergrund wrote:


Why shouldn't they be? Generations before them made them this way. Xers didn't wreck schools, families and other institutions. Other people did, barely admit that there is a wrong, let alone that they did it, or fixing it.

That's the point of the GD Theory.

Individuals can "overcome" their "upbringing". Only exceptional individuals do so, though.

Whole generations are aggregates of individuals, and since far more of those individuals don't "get over their upbringing", those people are what "represent" their generation.

Now, just because Xers CAN blame Boomers, does that make Xers "blameless"? No.

As far as I can see, practically all ideologues are hypocrites - Socialists who have millions in their bank account, ecologists with private jets, Christians who aren't very Christian, and fascists who want to let others do the fight. How are people supposed to get values from them? Anyone younger who believes the Boomers is either very naive or very disturbed.

Ideology = Hypocrisy (by definition)

So, that makes everyone a hypocrite (as everyone has an ideology).

Apparently, hypocrites are not to be sources of values.

Therefore, where SHOULD values come from?

The Boomer generation might end up as the most-hated generation in history, and with justification. Better repent while you can.


It'll be the most hated, over the last "boomer-like" generation, only because there are more "xer-like" people on the planet than ever before.

Individuals can't "repent" for the sins of their "upbringing encumbered" generational brethren (or anyone else for that matter).


BUT,.. the wielder of the sword is the actual agent of destruction, and not the abusive parent of the swordsman.


Return to “Generations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests