aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 pm
My guess is the best bet to determine whether Bitcoin has value or is a bubble is to find the opinions of Nobel Prize winning economists and to critically think about the reasons they give. One may agree or disagree with those reasons. To that end, I found many Nobel Prize winning economists who have weighed in on this topic. There's no scarcity of information in that regard.

I just finished going through everything I could find from Nobel Prize winners in Economics. In particular, I was looking for opinions from people who are not very prominent in the media, people other than Shiller, Krugman, and Stiglitz. I found several besides those, around 6. Mostly, I would characterize them as hesitant to say much. The best example of such responses I can think of is here: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/good-dru ... 03784.html I couldn't tell for sure from reading these types of articles whether they generally think the issue is simple and needs no further explanation or whether it seems too difficult for them to say much more, but it seems to be the latter. I wasn't able to glean any new ideas from any such articles.
Ok, what are their assertions? I still haven't seen you say much in the way of real criticism, or even use these "Nobel Prize winners" as your backing.

I think you found that they don't actually know all that much, or are too old to care, like most of the people who say stupid shit about BTC.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:09 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 pm
My guess is the best bet to determine whether Bitcoin has value or is a bubble is to find the opinions of Nobel Prize winning economists and to critically think about the reasons they give. One may agree or disagree with those reasons. To that end, I found many Nobel Prize winning economists who have weighed in on this topic. There's no scarcity of information in that regard.

I just finished going through everything I could find from Nobel Prize winners in Economics. In particular, I was looking for opinions from people who are not very prominent in the media, people other than Shiller, Krugman, and Stiglitz. I found several besides those, around 6. Mostly, I would characterize them as hesitant to say much. The best example of such responses I can think of is here: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/good-dru ... 03784.html I couldn't tell for sure from reading these types of articles whether they generally think the issue is simple and needs no further explanation or whether it seems too difficult for them to say much more, but it seems to be the latter. I wasn't able to glean any new ideas from any such articles.
Ok, what are their assertions? I still haven't seen you say much in the way of real criticism, or even use these "Nobel Prize winners" as your backing.

I think you found that they don't actually know all that much, or are too old to care, like most of the people who say stupid shit about BTC.

The comparison I would make is let's say you assembled 4 eminent vaccine scientists and before the program started someone asked them:

"What do you think about the claims that the mRNA vaccine for Covid will cause significant numbers of autoimmune diseases and deaths?"

And these eminent vaccine scientists look at each other and laugh. Finally, one says, "OK, I'll answer that for the group. It's ridiculous." Then another quips, "It's loony."

That's how most Nobel Prize winners in Economics respond when being asked about Bitcoin. You find things like this:
“I think [2011 Nobel laureate for economics] Chris[topher] Sims gave a talk and I think he said it should have a zero price, which is basically what I think.”

“Tulips,” interjected Heckman, referring to the speculation that drove tulip mania in 17th century Netherlands.

Other Nobel laureates have taken a similarly dim view of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
And it doesn't go much beyond that.

I don't plan to take the mRNA vaccine or buy Bitcoin.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

know - old - stupid Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:09 pm
Another rule five genius blesses us from the mists of time.
Must we offer incense to btc cult now.
I used my seed phrase.
Six months it was gone like incense to Ceaser.
Cariboo herd beast wandering the Tundra.
Please use much leverage in your future.
If one dollar was sacrificed what did I see.
We doubt you understand the head wound.

As before we will see how long before its stolen.
$16.91 USD
There was a problem processing your contribution.
78.100 = 91.07 USD
84.850 = 98.94 USD
Next payment date Apr 5

Yes we have watched for a very very long time.
know - old - stupid

Keep this recovery key safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaN_KUqsj4g

thread: peleg, isa55, seed wars, sismondi

Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints.

I particularly have no idea what those raw hex and html codes are about.
At any rate, Aeden's posts are completely inappropriate for the "Financial Topics"
I apologize since this forum is aotc

PancakeSwap - BakerySwap - Beefy Finance - Venus - DODO - OpenOcean - Autofarm
Last edited by aeden on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 am, edited 11 times in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

April adorned.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stock ... -premarket
ty t

probability - you will forget before we do or did.

John

Post by John »

** 30-Mar-2021 World View: Economists
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:37 am
> That's how most Nobel Prize winners in Economics respond when
> being asked about Bitcoin.
You apparently have more faith in Nobel Prize winning economists than
I have. In my experience, they're pretty much all idiots and have no
idea what they're talking about.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:17 am
** 30-Mar-2021 World View: Economists
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:37 am
> That's how most Nobel Prize winners in Economics respond when
> being asked about Bitcoin.
You apparently have more faith in Nobel Prize winning economists than
I have. In my experience, they're pretty much all idiots and have no
idea what they're talking about.

When I came up with that idea, I had FA Hayek in mind. He would probably have something of depth to say about Bitcoin if he were still alive. But none of the living Nobel Prize winning economists that I read had anything of depth to say. Most of them (besides Shiller, Krugman and Stiglitz) I'd never heard of.

So now I've some up with a different idea. Let's get the opinions of Wall Street scam artists about Bitcoin. What does Madoff say? How about Milken?
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Smart contracts are embedded with if-this-then-that (IFTTT) logic,
which is what allows the contract to self-execute. In the real world,
a middleman ensures each party remains accountable and honest for transactions.

Mr. Hayek had a comment in 1986 from the 1974 discussion.
I reviewed this last night on the WSM channel for clarification from the 1937 thread notes.

The root also appears as Foster’s 1986 book, Innovation: The Attacker’s Advantage, described this phenomenon,
offered tips for surviving it (just being aware of the possibility of a technological shift was the first step),
and predicted that there was much more to come as giant waves of innovation in electronics, software, and biotechnology.

Hayek was correct in that assertion to what we parse today.
============================================================
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPJ8oQ99r9c mit Permissioned Systems primer
https://bitcoinist.com/fidelity-files-f ... -dries-up/ people we meet in skool
============================================================
thread: l8ter, data fragility
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/ ... on-section
Last edited by aeden on Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

John

Post by John »

** 30-Mar-2021 World View: Idiot economists
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:11 pm
> Most of them (besides Shiller, Krugman and Stiglitz) I'd never
> heard of.
Robert Shiller is pretty good. But Krugman and Stiglitz are idiots.
So is Bernanke, but he didn't win a Nobel Prize because he failed
to express enough vitriolic hatred for George Bush.