Boomers

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
CrosstimbersOkie

Boomers

Post by CrosstimbersOkie »

Sigh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G880gxj ... ture=share

They may not all be Boomers, but Boomers invented this crap and the other participants are trying to be Boomeresque.

John

Re: Boomers

Post by John »

CrosstimbersOkie wrote:Sigh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G880gxj ... ture=share

They may not all be Boomers, but Boomers invented this crap and the other participants are trying to be Boomeresque.
They all looked pretty young to me.

gerald

Post by gerald »

this has got to be a joke

Nature doesn't give a cra* about you , or trees --- note recent volcano and earthquake events.

John

Post by John »

gerald wrote:this has got to be a joke

Nature doesn't give a cra* about you , or trees --- note recent volcano and earthquake events.
I knew people like that back in the 60s.

John

Post by John »

And don't forget Higgie's favorite 60s activity - streaking.

gerald

Post by gerald »

John wrote:
gerald wrote:this has got to be a joke

I knew people like that back in the 60s.
yea, and I suppose they are in important positions of government. --- wouldn't suggest names

JR_in_Mass

Post by JR_in_Mass »

An interesting article: it doesn't explicitly use the Generational Dynamics theory or vocabulary, but some good analysis, I think.

"He Wasn’t at Berkeley or in Vietnam, but Trump Is a True Product of the Boomer Generation"
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ation.html

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:And don't forget Higgie's favorite 60s activity - streaking.
JR_in_Mass wrote:An interesting article: it doesn't explicitly use the Generational Dynamics theory or vocabulary, but some good analysis, I think.

"He Wasn’t at Berkeley or in Vietnam, but Trump Is a True Product of the Boomer Generation"
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ation.html
We can be pretty sure Trump wasn't an actual streaker but he is "streaking through the Presidential campaign" would be an apt way to put it.
Higgenbotham from ~2012 wrote: When a Boomer is feeling like they are in charge, that's when things get really crazy and we will see the following:

(But let me first digress here and talk about one thing the Boomers did back in the 1970's when they thought they were in charge of the streets. It was the most insane thing you ever saw, but the Boomers invented something called streaking, where a lone Boomer or a group of Boomers would run naked through the streets or through public events. Now that the Boomers are in charge of other things, their behavior tends to be similar to streaking in the sense that they announce their authority in very provocative ways. OK, now that the proper tone has been set, I'll continue.)

1. We will see a lot of "edicts" being proclamated.
2. If something fact based is mentioned that irrefutably contradicts an "edict", that is simply ignored.
3. If something is mentioned that is based on sound reasoning but is not irrefutable, it is dismissed outright.
4. Things that fall into gray areas that can't be proven or disproven are dissected to death, with the Boomer claiming superior knowledge.

In my experience, the Boomers who are the absolute worst in this regard were born in 1947 and as we move away from that particular birth year things get less crazy.
This pretty much fits Trump, who was born in 1946. To illustrate item 4, Trump railed all weekend on how the Clintons are far worse toward women than he ever was.
Higgenbotham from ~2012 wrote:As an Xer, I see Ben Bernanke "streaking" through the financial world with $7.7 trillion in bailouts which he then denied, or Bill Clinton "streaking" through the White House with the Monica Lewinsky affair and blowing a lot of cigar smoke to try to deny it, and a million other behaviors that, while not as overt as streaking itself, do have similarities.
To me, it's entertaining as hell to watch Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump lock horns on who has been worse toward women. Hillary Clinton was born in 1947 - a nearly perfect match-up.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John

Post by John »

John wrote: > And don't forget Higgie's favorite 60s
> activity - streaking.

Did you see my article yesterday?

Katie Hopkins was threatening to become a streaker if Sadiq
Khan won. No word on whether she'll fulfill her pledge.

And need I say that Katie Hopkins is a Gen-Xer, so it's not
just Boomers who are into streaking.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
John wrote: > And don't forget Higgie's favorite 60s
> activity - streaking.

Did you see my article yesterday?

Katie Hopkins was threatening to become a streaker if Sadiq
Khan won. No word on whether she'll fulfill her pledge.

And need I say that Katie Hopkins is a Gen-Xer, so it's not
just Boomers who are into streaking.
I'm with Katie!
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.