Tom Mazanec's Topic

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.
Cool Breeze

Re: Tom Mazanec's Topic

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am
** 11-Jun-2021 World View: Dishonesty
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:00 am
> It's weird when we can't get people to be honest about the topic
> of "inflation" though again yes we have a general debt
> (deflationary) trend.
I have never posted a single dishonest word in this forum since I
founded it in 2008.

It's weird that you're a relentless asshole, never changing.

It's weird that you've been completely full of crap since the day you
became a member of this forum, never changing.

It's good that you're posting in Mazanec's thread. The two of you
should form a club.
What you say isn't "dishonest". It is ignorant of the many facets of inflation and deflation (yes both are going on, which is my point).

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:19 pm
** 11-Jun-2021 World View: Conversation

As I said, you two -- Cool Breeze and Mazanec -- should form a club
and keep each company, so you can "share" with one another. You can
invite Butler into your club as well.

Here's a typical conversation:

John says: 2+2=4

Butler says: 2+2=5. John got the wrong answer because of tribal
thinking.

Cool Breeze says: 2+2=5. John got the wrong answer because he's
dishonest.

Mazanec says: 2+2=5. That's the answer that God whispered in my ear.
John got the wrong answer because God doesn't whisper in John's ear.
You can beat us up since we dog you a bit about the kicking the can, or the deflation stuff - again we just want to encourage a nuanced view - but one thing that is absolutely DISHONEST is putting us with the likes of Bob Butler. So take it back, or let the record stand that you are in fact totally dishonest when your emotions run like a scorned woman and you equate people like us with a deluded leftist like BB.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am
Yet more from Charles Hugh Smith on inflation:
https://www.oftwominds.com/blogjune21/i ... y6-21.html

John, you are like someone saying that 2+2=3 when everybody's calculator is saying 2+2=4. The whole point of this thread is that you have been saying deflation for almost a generation, when the CPI has been saying inflation. And even the CPI is arguably sugarcoating the truth.
What's more, inflationary monetary systems steal labor from the masses, which is why the central powers love it so much. For this reason, even if you didn't think BTC would eventually win (I noticed no one talking about El Salvador making it legal currency), you should be absolutely for it due to its promotion of healthy, sane workers and savers - and anti central power mongers and monetary repressors.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Navigator, John has been preaching deflation since 2003 on this site and, iirc, even earlier on the old FourthTurning Forum. So far he has been wrong. Maybe next year he will be right, and if so I will be the first to admit it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Yet more from David Haggith on inflation:
https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/inf ... -it-needs/

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

You know, John, you keep proclaiming that all your predictions are "true or tending true". Your prediction of deflation is not. It may come true tomorrow, but since 2003 there has been slow inflation with a couple insignificant blips of deflation (particularly in 2009). Then when I point this out you say you call that deflationary. You are like a mathematician who says that his equation predicts pi to be a negative number, and when it is pointed out that pi is just over +3 you reply with sarcasm and explain that you define negative as <5.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:19 am
You know, John, you keep proclaiming that all your predictions are "true or tending true". Your prediction of deflation is not. It may come true tomorrow, but since 2003 there has been slow inflation with a couple insignificant blips of deflation (particularly in 2009). Then when I point this out you say you call that deflationary. You are like a mathematician who says that his equation predicts pi to be a negative number, and when it is pointed out that pi is just over +3 you reply with sarcasm and explain that you define negative as <5.
This is what I have been saying, it's quite clear that the focus is too much on a collapse, something that also hasn't happened, but yes when it does it'll be a big deflationary event VS a hyperinflationary state of things. Of course, the latter can lead to the former.

Deflationists and disinflationists at this point just seem to be "Hyperinflation isn't going to happen" guys, which doesn't do us much good in talking about what's actually going on YoY economically.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:19 am
As another example, I pointed out how all of us who called the vaccine a bad idea were shamed here. But again, we were right. I wonder what gives us the ability to have such insight? Hmm...