Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FishbellykanakaDude

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:** 28-Apr-2019 Girlfriend advice
mps92 wrote:...
> Or, perhaps I was just born in the wrong generation... all you
> guys are old, right?
Anyone over age 30 is old to kids your age.
..I'm Double-Old™ and a bit.

Yet,.. I act like I did, with a "little" more perspective, as a junior in high school.

HOW on Earth have I managed to survive!? It's a mystery....

..perhaps it's my tinge of elvish blood that also allows Legolas to make those LUDICROUS shots and impossible tumbling recoveries.

Yeah,.. I'll go with that...

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

mps92 wrote:I think you guys are enjoying this way too much. :lol:

As a Pre-Med, I don't have much time to search for girls. My schedule is slightly lighter next semester, so we'll see. If I do get a GF, I'll be sure to run her by you guys to make sure she's okay, politically. :lol:

I suppose you all should be thankful you're not Gen Z. Unfortunately, many girls today are self-centered and entitled. They study science or the humanities, then wander off directionless into grad school, becoming useless both economically and domestically. They're promiscuous until 30, then they need to find a husband fast before their eggs rot and their face wrinkles. Again, I'm not Christian, but Christianity's decline has caused moral values to decline in the US.

Additionally, I watched an interesting video a couple weeks ago featuring Richard LaRuina, Europe's top dating coach. He believes the best solution is to go overseas to Eastern Europe, where the girls tend to be more beautiful and have more traditional values. This is how he advises many successful Western European men.

Or, perhaps I was just born in the wrong generation... all you guys are old, right?
I'm 57.

Though I see things from a different perspective now, Gen X was probably no better, just different. When I was 25-30, many girls between the ages of 13-17 openly asked me to have sex with them. Those were the years when teen pregnancy rates were at record highs, though the prevalence varied quite a bit from location to location. One 18 year old girl I knew was actually required by the state to have Norplant inserted in her arm because she'd had 2 kids from 2 different fathers and the cost of the welfare was already out of hand. When she got her welfare check, she would drop acid and be broke the rest of the month. Sometimes I could hear her and her mother arguing and, one day, she was complaining to her mother that she was stealing all her boyfriends. I then heard her mother reply, "Which ones?", and the girl rattled off about 6 names. Then her mother said, "Which ones were my fault?" Today, though I don't see so much of that type of thing, the entitlement mentality of all Western women seems to be through the roof, as you stated, as well as indecisiveness, which you are calling directionlessness (nearly the same thing) and it wasn't so much that way 30 years ago.

I've been married to a 32 year old foreign woman for 2 years. She has a college degree and worked for an engineering firm in the oil industry in her home country. Despite that, she was required by her family to live at home until she was married. Her father, who is a police officer, and not much older than me, approved the marriage. In her culture, marriage is for life - the expectation is clearly stated that a person gets married once. There are no divorces in her extended family. Men are highly respected. I would not recommend that a young person (college age) go that route because once the crisis hits, attitudes here will adjust dramatically toward what I am describing and you will be fine. For someone a bit older (say late 20s and up) that might be an option.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Higgenbotham wrote:

As a Pre-Med, I don't have much time to search for girls. My schedule is slightly lighter next semester, so we'll see. If I do get a GF, I'll be sure to run her by you guys to make sure she's okay, politically. :lol:

I suppose you all should be thankful you're not Gen Z. Unfortunately, many girls today are self-centered and entitled. They study science or the humanities, then wander off directionless into grad school, becoming useless both economically and domestically. They're promiscuous until 30, then they need to find a husband fast before their eggs rot and their face wrinkles. Again, I'm not Christian, but Christianity's decline has caused moral values to decline in the US.

Additionally, I watched an interesting video a couple weeks ago featuring Richard LaRuina, Europe's top dating coach. He believes the best solution is to go overseas to Eastern Europe, where the girls tend to be more beautiful and have more traditional values. This is how he advises many successful Western European men.

Or, perhaps I was just born in the wrong generation... all you guys are old, right?
I'm 57.

Though I see things from a different perspective now, Gen X was probably no better, just different. When I was 25-30, many girls between the ages of 13-17 openly asked me to have sex with them. Those were the years when teen pregnancy rates were at record highs, though the prevalence varied quite a bit from location to location. One 18 year old girl I knew was actually required by the state to have Norplant inserted in her arm because she'd had 2 kids from 2 different fathers and the cost of the welfare was already out of hand. When she got her welfare check, she would drop acid and be broke the rest of the month. Sometimes I could hear her and her mother arguing and, one day, she was complaining to her mother that she was stealing all her boyfriends. I then heard her mother reply, "Which ones?", and the girl rattled off about 6 names. Then her mother said, "Which ones were my fault?" Today, though I don't see so much of that type of thing, the entitlement mentality of all Western women seems to be through the roof, as you stated, as well as indecisiveness, which you are calling directionlessness (nearly the same thing) and it wasn't so much that way 30 years ago.

I've been married to a 32 year old foreign woman for 2 years. She has a college degree and worked for an engineering firm in the oil industry in her home country. Despite that, she was required by her family to live at home until she was married. Her father, who is a police officer, and not much older than me, approved the marriage. In her culture, marriage is for life - the expectation is clearly stated that a person gets married once. There are no divorces in her extended family. Men are highly respected. I would not recommend that a young person (college age) go that route because once the crisis hits, attitudes here will adjust dramatically toward what I am describing and you will be fine. For someone a bit older (say late 20s and up) that might be an option.

..country of origin, s'il vous plait!?

And does it have a coastline with surfable waveage?

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:

I'm 57.

..country of origin, s'il vous plait!?

And does it have a coastline with surfable waveage?
I suspect Filipina.

natenxt

Post by natenxt »

John wrote:** 22-Mar-2019 Italy joining China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)

Alarms are being raised in the US and other Western countries over a visit to Italy on Thursday by China's president Xi Jinping, and an agreement to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) about a deal to make Italy the first major democracy to join China’s Belt and Road infrastructure initiative.
Italy is desperate for money, so this seems like the perfect solution. But concerns are being raised for two reasons.
First, China could set a debt trap and gain ownership of Italy's ports. The Chinese already own Greece's port of Piraeus, which the China shipping company Cosco acquired in 2016.
Second, any servers or networks installed by the Chinese are going to be subject to Chinese law which requires Huawei and other Chinese companies to cooperate with the military in stealing intelligence from other countries, even when doing so would be illegal. Furthermore, it's widely understood that Huawei has almost certainly installed undetectable "backdoors" in all its devices, from smartphones to routers, since it's very easy to do so, and China's military can use those backdoors to steal data or control the devices from Beijing. China has been subsidizing Huawei in order to gain international market share, and any Huawei device or network with backdoors can be shut down or controlled at a time of the Chinese military's choosing.
So if Italy's infrastructure deal with China included a 5G network, then that network would be under the control of China's military, and could affect the security of interconnected networks throughout Europe.
In 2012, eleven EU member states and five Balkan countries signed an MoU with China on investment, transport, finance, science, education, and culture. In 2018, Greece and Portugal signed similar MoUs, as China had already made major investments in both countries.
But Italy is considered a far greater risk because Italy is a member of the G7 group of countries, and because Italy’s economy is larger than that of all the other EU countries combined that signed the MoU with China. The potential impact on trade and investment to and from China is, therefore, much more significant.
It sometimes amazes me that people never learned. :roll: :roll:
China solves its own problems: they have an excess of workers, for whom there are no jobs left within the country. All of China is already built up as tightly as possible. This extra labor is used in Eastern Europe, and in South America, and throughout Asia, where these “gifts” cannot be paid for. One belt one road strategy is not a charity and an act of friendship, but a debt trap. First, they built an airport on Sri Lanka, and when they could not pay, they offered to lease the airport to China for 99 years. China seizes the world by creating debtors, not friends

John

Post by John »

** 30-Apr-2019 Military uprising ('attempted coup') in Venezuela

There is a growing clash in Venezuela on Tuesday, 4/30, after
opposition leader Juan Guaidó called for a military uprising to oust
Nicolás Maduro. There are various rallies and demonstrations in
Caracas and other cities, and many of these are carried on the BBC,
but it's impossible to judge whether it's growing or fizzling.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/venezuela ... as-airbase

https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-news/ ... index.html

John

Post by John »

** Huawei 'backdoor' found in routers sold to Vodafone

It has emerged that the giant European telecom firm Vodafone Group Plc
discovered hidden "backdoors" in routers and other networking
equipment installed by Huawei in the latter part of the 2000s decade.

The backdoor uses the Telnet protocol, which is an ancient protocol
originally developed in 1969 to allow dumb terminals to communicate
with IBM mainframe computers over an open phone line. Since then,
it's evolved to run on top of other networking protocols, such as
TCP/IP. It used to be that telnet was often installed in networking
equipment to permit maintenance people to access the equipment and
configure it without requiring passwords and bypassing other security.
However, because of its lack of security, it's been mostly abandoned
for that purpose since the late 1990s.

Vodafone first discovered the breach in 2009, and asked Huawei to
remove the Telnet support. Huawei promised to do so, and later said
that it had been removed. But subsequent Vodafone investigations in
2011-12 revealed that the Telnet code was still implemented. Huawei
then refused to remove it, claiming that it was necessary for support.

Huawei claims that Telnet is routinely used by all companies,
including Cisco.

Another argument being used is that Huawei has extremely sloppy coding
standards, resulting in lots of bugs, and that Telnet is still being
used for that reason. This is an interesting argument in support of
Huawei, but it only adds to the concern that any of these bugs might
be used to hack the device.

The Vodafone situation is being described by some analysts as "smoking
gun" proof that Huawei installs backdoors. Huawei claims that Telnet
is used only for configuration and maintenance, not for hacking.
Vodafone is on the side of Huawei, and continues to install Huawei
devices.

This comes after the discovery last year that Huawei was hacking into
African Union servers that Huawei had installed in 2012, and was
stealing data until discovered in 2018.

My own view, as I've described many times, based on my years of
experience developing board level operating systems for embedded
systems, and based on China's legal requirement that all companies
cooperate with and provide intelligence to the military, is that
Huawei has been installing undetectable backdoors for years. Using
Telnet is pretty easily detected, so that isn't what I was referring
to. It's possible that Huawei used Telnet in the early days, but
starting around 2010 began to implement more sophisticated
undetectable backdoors.

• Countries embracing or banning Huawei (Bloomberg)

• Huawei international market share, 2013-2018 (Bloomberg)
  • Huawei's competition (Bloomberg)

-- Vodafone Found Hidden Backdoors in Huawei Equipment
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -equipment
(Bloomberg, 30-Apr-2019)

-- The African Union headquarters hack and Australia’s 5G network
https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/the-a ... g-network/
(Australian Strategic Policy Institute, 13-Jul-2018)

John

Post by John »

** 30-Apr-2019 World View: Battle for Idlib may be starting in Syria

According to various reports, Syrian troops have been massing on the
border with Idlib province, while Russia's warplanes have been bombing
targets within the province.

The war in Syria has been off the front pages recently, but it's far
from over. Idlib province is still a boiling cauldron of opposing
forces that could explode into something much larger at any time, and
may be doing so right now.

Idlib province in northwest Syria is currently hosting over three
million Sunni Arabs. Al-Assad has vowed to regain control of Idlib,
which would amount to genocide and ethnic cleansing of the three
million Sunni Arabs currently living there. Idlib is a "de-escalation
zone," with Turkey responsible for maintaining the ceasefire. An
attack by al-Assad could lead to a full war between Syria and Turkey.
Also, it could create a new humanitarian disaster, with millions of
Sunni Arabs pouring across the border into Turkey, and from there into
Europe, bringing back the days of 2015.

Since 2011, Al-Assad moved through different regions of Syria. In
each case, he begins by bombing peaceful protesters, particularly
women and children. As soon as someone become violent in revenge, he
declares the whole community or ethnic group to be "terrorists," and
uses that as an excuse for full-scale genocide and ethnic cleansing.
The genocide is performed with missiles, barrel bombs, chlorine gas
and Sarin gas, all particularly targeting women and children, as well
as schools, markets, and hospitals.

Al-Assad's ethnic cleansing policy as applied locally to different
regions -- Aleppo, Ghouta, Daraa -- has been well-documented by
thousands of media reports, as I've been reporting for years. It's
been suspected that there's a larger picture that al-Assad was
plotting to completely exterminate or cleanse Sunnis across the
country. This has been denied by the Syrians and their trolls.
However, evidence has been growing in the last six months that show
exactly how al-Assad plans to implement his "final solution,"
eliminating all Sunnis in Syria.

In each of these different regions, al-Assad has reluctantly agreed to
a temporary solution by allowing people to flee the region and go to
Idlib province, with the result that Idlib province's population has
gone from about 1.5 million people to about three million people. Of
the three million civilians, there are an estimated 60,000 or so
anti-Assad rebels in Idlib, including both "moderate" rebels and
jihadists in al-Qaeda linked Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), formerly the
al-Nusra Front.

Al-Assad has always said that he would attack Idlib and the three
million "terrorists" living them, but he was held off by an agreement
between Turkey and Russia, whereby Turkey would guarantee that all the
anti-Assad rebels would lay down their arms. This hasn't happened.

When al-Assad's assault on Idlib begins, there will be a massive
humanitarian disaster, and hundreds of thousands or millions of people
will pour across the border into Turkey, which is already hosting 3.5
million Syrian refugees. Some of the Idlib refugees will undoubtedly
continue on into Europe, resulting in a new European migrant crisis.

So if the reports are correct that the Idlib assault is beginning,
then expect the really important news, such as plans in Congress for
impeachment, to be eclipsed briefly while hundreds of thousands of
Syrians face death.

Well, Dear Reader, there certainly has been a lot of news today,
hasn't there.

--- Sources:

-- Russia says Idlib not to be 'safe zone for terrorists'
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/russia ... sts-143035
(Anadolu, Turkey, 30-Apr-2019)

-- Syrian Army begins amassing forces for mother of all battles in
Idlib
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/sy ... -in-idlib/
(Al Masdar News, Damascus, 30-Apr-2019)

-- Syrian Army given green light for Idlib offensive: source
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/sy ... ve-source/
(Al Masdar News, Damascus, 30-Apr-2019)

-- US Urges Russia to End 'Escalation' in Syria's Idlib
https://www.voanews.com/a/us-urges-russ ... 97999.html
(AFP, 30-Apr-2019)

--- Related:

** 1-Dec-18 World View -- Evidence grows of Assad's 'final solution', extermination of Arab Sunnis in Syria
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181201

mps92

Post by mps92 »

John wrote:** 30-Apr-2019 Military uprising ('attempted coup') in Venezuela

There is a growing clash in Venezuela on Tuesday, 4/30, after
opposition leader Juan Guaidó called for a military uprising to oust
Nicolás Maduro. There are various rallies and demonstrations in
Caracas and other cities, and many of these are carried on the BBC,
but it's impossible to judge whether it's growing or fizzling.
I'd be surprised if this rebellion failed. Many soldiers support Guaido, as well as the overwhelming majority of the citizenry and the national guard. Maduro could still hang on, but it would be close.

If Colombia invaded Venezuela, the rebellion would succeed in an instant. Colombia's military is MASSIVE (>400,000 active personnel) and experienced, since they've been fighting FARC and other narco-terrorists for so long. The downside is that Guaido and the West would have to admit for decades that foreign powers helped oust Maduro, and therefore meddled in the country's affairs. This would make Maduro seem less illegitimate.

If Maduro isn't immediately removed and Venezuela enters a civil war, Colombia would probably invade. It's hard to imagine that Colombia would tolerate a civil war right next to them, considering that an invasion would end the civil war instantaneously.

Also, Maduro would've been out long ago if Venezuela had our 2nd Amendment instead of their current gun ban. Just saying.