Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by John »

** 03-Aug-2021 World View: Back from vacation
Navigator wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:01 pm
> I went to Alaska on vacation for a couple of weeks. I may have to
> spend considerable time tomorrow once I am rested up to type
> comments on the forum.

> So much to comment on, I may have difficulty deciding where to
> start.
Speaking for myself, my view of China's strategy has changed
dramatically in the last two weeks, and I'm still in a state
of semi-shock. Don't forget to check out the Nuclear War thread.

Your comments will be appreciated. Have fun.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:52 pm
** 03-Aug-2021 World View: China's plans
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:19 pm
> Is your understanding that they desire a type of world domination?
> Where they are the rulers of all, or what quality?

> I find it curious that they might believe they are physically
> (clearly not) or even genetically, in any way, more advanced than
> Europeans.
My understanding is that they think that their DNA is unique and
should dominate the world. My understanding is that their plan
is to conquer the United States, use a bioweapon to kill all the
people left behind, and then colonize the US land.

You may read the last paragraph and you may think I'm joking. I'm not
joking. That's what they actually believe. It's total insanity, but
that's why it's so scary -- because if they try it, it will be a
catastrophe for China and for the whole world.
I wouldn't discount this as a possibility, and I know your knowledge of the people and history is quite good. They are so strange I wouldn't discard anything as possible.

Post by Guest »

The true story of what happened between the white dog owner and the black bird watcher in Central Park last year. The notoriously agressive and threatening black guy becomes a minor celebrity, gets paid to pen a comic book, and makes money. The white woman's life is completely ruined.

And why is this allowed to go on? You tell me...

The link:
He threatened her, I thought, stunned. He says himself that he approached her — a woman alone in a wooded area. He tried to lure away her dog. How was this the first time I was reading these details? Had I just missed them in the other stories I’d read?

May 2020 testimony provided by Jerome Lockett, a black man who said Christian had “aggressively” threatened him in the park. Among the details: “when I saw that video, I thought, I cannot imagine if he approached her the same way how she may have genuinely been afraid for her life.” He continued, “If I wasn’t who I was, I would of [sic] called the police on that guy too.”

Lockett also says: “My two fellow dog owners have had similar situations with this man, but don’t feel comfortable coming forward because they’re white. They think they’ll be seen as some ‘Karen’ or whatever.” His complete statement can be found on page nine here.

The dispatch from Amy Cooper’s 911 call, which seems to corroborate her explanation that her double reference to Christian’s race to the operator — and the growing hysteria she displayed in the video — was the result of a bad cell phone connection.
I won't beg anyone's pardon for bringing this up.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:12 pm
The true story of what happened between the white dog owner and the black bird watcher in Central Park last year. The notoriously agressive and threatening black guy becomes a minor celebrity, gets paid to pen a comic book, and makes money. The white woman's life is completely ruined.

And why is this allowed to go on? You tell me...

The link:
He threatened her, I thought, stunned. He says himself that he approached her — a woman alone in a wooded area. He tried to lure away her dog. How was this the first time I was reading these details? Had I just missed them in the other stories I’d read?

May 2020 testimony provided by Jerome Lockett, a black man who said Christian had “aggressively” threatened him in the park. Among the details: “when I saw that video, I thought, I cannot imagine if he approached her the same way how she may have genuinely been afraid for her life.” He continued, “If I wasn’t who I was, I would of [sic] called the police on that guy too.”

Lockett also says: “My two fellow dog owners have had similar situations with this man, but don’t feel comfortable coming forward because they’re white. They think they’ll be seen as some ‘Karen’ or whatever.” His complete statement can be found on page nine here.

The dispatch from Amy Cooper’s 911 call, which seems to corroborate her explanation that her double reference to Christian’s race to the operator — and the growing hysteria she displayed in the video — was the result of a bad cell phone connection.
I won't beg anyone's pardon for bringing this up.
This doesn't surprise me. The black bird watcher, who has been in several physical altercations with dog owners, will go unpunished.

This is America now.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:18 pm
John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:06 pm
Deng Xiaoping said that America would block China's plans for expansion, and so war with America was inevitable. After the Tiananmen Square massacre, one of the "lessons learned" is that China must prepare to conquer and colonize America.
Invading a power overseas involves securing a supply lane, which implies total control of the intervening seas. This might be vaguely possible with Taiwan and Japan. The seas involved are not that huge. Australia? America? They would have to build a blue water navy to overmatch the US. They would be far better off choosing an opponent that can be confronted with their large land army. Hong Kong, India and Russia come to mind.

The significant thing was that they cancelled their latest two aircraft carriers. Well they might. They cannot launch planes from carriers without cutting down weight, without losing out on their fuel and armaments capacity. Thus, they gave up on building a blue water navy. They just don’t have the technological capability at this time. They cannot build good carrier aircraft.

The question for me is whether they can protect an invasion fleet, say heading for Taiwan, from submarines. Vaguely possible they might try that one. No doubt who has the superior army, but can they get there in good supply?

There is a saying about war. Amateurs study tactics. The professionals study logistics.
This is what so many don't pay attention to. Observe as the Navy is starting to put anti ship missiles on just about everything that flies or floats; the Marines and Army are both adding land based anti-ship missiles; the Air Force and Navy are adding air-launched LRASM. China's neighbors are going the same route; the Philippines is negotiating with India to buy Brahmos supersonic anti-ship missiles; Vietnam is building a variant of Russia's Kh-35UE; Malaysia has air-launched Kh-31; Indonesia is buying Ukrainian RK-360MC; Taiwan has developed it's own anti-ship missiles launched from air, land and sea. And let's not forget all the submarines China's neighbors operate with more coming yearly. Warships have some protection against these but transports are sitting ducks and sink easily. No admiral is going to send ships full of troops into areas where they're likely to be sunk. This isn't WWII and troops these days are extremely expensive to produce.

As for China's carriers, Liaoning is only somewhat useful, but its real purpose was the develop real world experience in carrier operations. Shandong is a better ship, but still limited due to lack of catapult. We don't really know what the Type 03 is going to be other than that it's much bigger. Speculation is a steam or EMALS type catapult; considering the issues the USN has had with EMALS despite nearly a century of experience and more than a decade of development by GA I'm skeptical that China will produce something usable. Steam is a dead end technology.

And you're correct that China doesn't have suitable carrier aircraft. J-15 isn't a great aircraft being yet another Flanker variant. There's been recent talk about adapting FC-31 for carrier use, but it's still an underwhelming product considering the inadequacies of Chinese jet engines. J-20 is likely too big and also underpowered.

Xeraphim1

Re: What is meant by 'destroyed'.

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:41 pm
John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 pm
I, for one, would not like to see America completely destroyed.
In the Industrial Age powers like Spain, France, Germany, Britain and ourselves each had their turn under various conditions to be dominant. Most are so no longer, but have become more ordinary countries, not shaking the world anymore, but existing quite nicely with cultures of their own. I could see us becoming more ordinary, one country among many, more resource rich than most, but no longer trying to be dominant world wide.
The US is a superpower because it has the largest economy in the world which frees up a lot of resources for other stuff.
In recent times we have spent heavily on our military and lightly on our people. I could see this ending. I don’t see us being destroyed, but not being a superpower either.
Actually, we've been spending very heavily on our people and not so heavily on the military. 3.5% of GDP is easily met; spending was over 4% from 2004-2013; excepting 1995-2003, spending was over 4% back to the 1930s; above 5%for most of that period and above 6% for a significant percentage of it. The big increases in US government spending has nothing to do with the military and everything to do with entitlement costs.
The question is if a policy of containment would continue. There are powers who still think it practical to expand by force. We have been at the center of dissuading them. If we take less of the burden of containment on ourselves, will others take up the slack?
Some states are starting to pick up their spending, especially in East/SE Asia. Eastern Europe seems to be spending to meet the threat. Its more the traditional NATO countries who are getting fat and lazy. Germany seems to not care that in short order Poland will have a more effective military that it does. Canada is a perpetual freeloader who should just contract out their defense to the US and stop pretending they want to have a military.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 pm

of semi-shock.
In reading through the discussions, I would first like to address the idea of the WuHu flu (Covid) as part of the overall Chinese plan for world domination.

I have no doubt that CCP leadership is similar to the Third Reich Nazi leadership in that they:
1. Feel that they are ethnically superior to the rest of the world (CCP => Chinese are "master race" - the middle kingdom)
2. Feel that China has been purposely denied its "rightful place" in world affairs
3. Have a step by step plan to obtain their objectives -
A. China has its "rightful place" in the world (world domination)
B. "Lebensraum" (room to grow) for the master race

I also have no doubt that the CCP has/is pursuing every conceivable tactic, weapon system, methodology, ideology to achieve its objectives.

So, I do believe the Chinese have been looking into bio weapons and possibly how to create a superbug that will kill only non-Chinese.

I certainly believe that bio weapon research was taking place in the Wuhan Virology Institute, and that this is the origin of the WuHu flu. BUT, I believe that the release was accident, caused by incompetence (poor oversight, poor protocols, poor adherence to protocols, overall sloppiness).

If you decide to go the bioweapon route, here is what a competent strategy would entail:
1. Develop a highly lethal virus
2. Develop an antidote to the virus
3. Inoculate those that you don't want to kill with the antidote (this could be done using the annual "flu shot" program in your country as cover).
4. Release the virus in multiple enemy locations
5. Act shocked when everyone starts dying

The CCP were certainly trying to do step 1, this is where the virus came from. It is clear now that the WuHu flu is not natural, but has had DNA sequence modification in a bio lab.

The reasons I believe the WuHu flu was accidentally released are the following:
1. It is not "highly lethal". It is much more effective than normal flu, but it is not the black plague. It takes out 1/1000, mostly elderly or those with pre-existing conditions that would probably preclude military service. This is not what I would want from a bioweapon.

2. The Chinese certainly did not have an antidote. Since the didn't have an antidote, they are just as vulnerable to the WuHu flu. This is NOT what you want from your bio weapon. In fact the Sino they are currently peddling has little to no effectiveness. Hundreds of thousands of their own people (probably millions) have died from this, and it has certainly had a detrimental effect on their own economy.

3. It was released in China, not in the USA or Taiwan or Japan. Even the Chinese could not cover this part up and this is where the Wuhan Wet Market lie came from (a pretty silly lie, as it is less than 1km from the real source, the Wuhan Virology Institute).

That the "western world" overreacted the way that they did was just a pleasant surprise for the CCP. This is similar to the "new coke" effect.

Most people think that in the 1990s, Coca-Cola was a super smart and had a nefarious plot to reassert market dominance of their product. I personally spoke at length with a number of people who were at Coca-Cola at the time. New Coke was indeed the plan. They had no idea there would be any backlash. New Coke was a disaster for them until there was an unplanned, unanticipated, and initially unwanted revolt. They were unbelievably relieved that the whole thing worked out the way that it did, and that they were able to revert to close to the original formula and come out of the situation FAR better off than they would have. New Coke is an example of making a big mistake (due to questionable leadership competence) and then having things work out even better than you dreamed.

That the "western world" has shot itself in the foot over the WuHu flu is similar in that the Chinese may feel that they have done damage to their enemies from an unplanned reaction to Chinese biolab incompetence.

Hymenopteran

Post by Hymenopteran »

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/rabo- ... titutional

Zerohedge articles and shipping cost updates hit the Financial topics thread quite often but I didn't see any reference to this one. The headline doesn't cover whats inside.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:57 pm
John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 pm

of semi-shock.
In reading through the discussions, I would first like to address the idea of the WuHu flu (Covid) as part of the overall Chinese plan for world domination.

I have no doubt that CCP leadership is similar to the Third Reich Nazi leadership in that they:
1. Feel that they are ethnically superior to the rest of the world (CCP => Chinese are "master race" - the middle kingdom)
2. Feel that China has been purposely denied its "rightful place" in world affairs
3. Have a step by step plan to obtain their objectives -
A. China has its "rightful place" in the world (world domination)
B. "Lebensraum" (room to grow) for the master race

I also have no doubt that the CCP has/is pursuing every conceivable tactic, weapon system, methodology, ideology to achieve its objectives.

So, I do believe the Chinese have been looking into bio weapons and possibly how to create a superbug that will kill only non-Chinese.

I certainly believe that bio weapon research was taking place in the Wuhan Virology Institute, and that this is the origin of the WuHu flu. BUT, I believe that the release was accident, caused by incompetence (poor oversight, poor protocols, poor adherence to protocols, overall sloppiness).

If you decide to go the bioweapon route, here is what a competent strategy would entail:
1. Develop a highly lethal virus
2. Develop an antidote to the virus
3. Inoculate those that you don't want to kill with the antidote (this could be done using the annual "flu shot" program in your country as cover).
4. Release the virus in multiple enemy locations
5. Act shocked when everyone starts dying

The CCP were certainly trying to do step 1, this is where the virus came from. It is clear now that the WuHu flu is not natural, but has had DNA sequence modification in a bio lab.

The reasons I believe the WuHu flu was accidentally released are the following:
1. It is not "highly lethal". It is much more effective than normal flu, but it is not the black plague. It takes out 1/1000, mostly elderly or those with pre-existing conditions that would probably preclude military service. This is not what I would want from a bioweapon.

2. The Chinese certainly did not have an antidote. Since the didn't have an antidote, they are just as vulnerable to the WuHu flu. This is NOT what you want from your bio weapon. In fact the Sino they are currently peddling has little to no effectiveness. Hundreds of thousands of their own people (probably millions) have died from this, and it has certainly had a detrimental effect on their own economy.

3. It was released in China, not in the USA or Taiwan or Japan. Even the Chinese could not cover this part up and this is where the Wuhan Wet Market lie came from (a pretty silly lie, as it is less than 1km from the real source, the Wuhan Virology Institute).

That the "western world" overreacted the way that they did was just a pleasant surprise for the CCP. This is similar to the "new coke" effect.

Most people think that in the 1990s, Coca-Cola was a super smart and had a nefarious plot to reassert market dominance of their product. I personally spoke at length with a number of people who were at Coca-Cola at the time. New Coke was indeed the plan. They had no idea there would be any backlash. New Coke was a disaster for them until there was an unplanned, unanticipated, and initially unwanted revolt. They were unbelievably relieved that the whole thing worked out the way that it did, and that they were able to revert to close to the original formula and come out of the situation FAR better off than they would have. New Coke is an example of making a big mistake (due to questionable leadership competence) and then having things work out even better than you dreamed.

That the "western world" has shot itself in the foot over the WuHu flu is similar in that the Chinese may feel that they have done damage to their enemies from an unplanned reaction to Chinese biolab incompetence.
Really solidly laid out post, Navi. Well done.

John

Post by John »

** 04-Aug-2021 World View: The Covid release
Navigator wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:57 pm
> The reasons I believe the WuHu flu was accidentally released are
> the following:

> 1. It is not "highly lethal". It is much more effective than
> normal flu, but it is not the black plague. It takes out 1/1000,
> mostly elderly or those with pre-existing conditions that would
> probably preclude military service. This is not what I would want
> from a bioweapon.

> 2. The Chinese certainly did not have an antidote. Since the
> didn't have an antidote, they are just as vulnerable to the WuHu
> flu. This is NOT what you want from your bio weapon. In fact the
> Sino they are currently peddling has little to no
> effectiveness. Hundreds of thousands of their own people (probably
> millions) have died from this, and it has certainly had a
> detrimental effect on their own economy.

> 3. It was released in China, not in the USA or Taiwan or
> Japan. Even the Chinese could not cover this part up and this is
> where the Wuhan Wet Market lie came from (a pretty silly lie, as
> it is less than 1km from the real source, the Wuhan Virology
> Institute).
This seems about right, but let's start by pointing out what happened
starting in December 2019. Whether the release into Wuhan was
accidental or intentional, there was not nothing accidental about what
happened next. This was completely intentional. The CCP encouraged,
even demanded, travel between Wuhan and 180 different countries, while
forbidding travel between Wuhan and elsewhere in China.

The CCP compounded the crime by lying about the virus's
transmissibility, by getting their WHO puppet to confirm their lies,
and by sending people around the world to buy up all commercially
available PPE (gowns, masks, etc.) so that it would be unavailable to
medical personnel in other countries.

Politically, the CCP quickly took credit for being the first country
to beat the virus. Xi Jinping gave several speeches declaring this a
major war that China had won before any other country.

All of this was intentional and criminal.

So even though the evidence shows that the virus was released from the
lab accidentally, I can't help but think that the subsequent
intentional and criminal behavior might imply that the lab leak was
also intentional and criminal.

If it was intentional, then it was some kind of "proof of concept baby
test" that backfired badly. It's possible that they were testing out
a method to spread a virus worldwide. They did not want it to be
lethal, since it was just a test. I believe they expected to get
through this completely unscathed. I believe that they did not expect
to be blamed for the virus. This proves how stupid the CCP is.

The Republicans on the House Foreign Affairs committee did an
extensive investigation, and reached the following conclusion:
> "Based on the material collected and analyzed by the
> Committee Minority Staff, the preponderance of evidence suggests
> SARS-CoV-2 was accidentally released from a Wuhan Institute of
> Virology laboratory sometime prior to September 12, 2019."
> https://gop-foreignaffairs.house.gov/wp ... REPORT.pdf
The crucial point here is the date: prior to September 12, 2019. The
report gives several reasons for this date, including the following:
"The sudden removal of the WIV’s virus and sample database in the
middle of the night on September 12, 2019 and without explanation."

So the virus was beginning to spread in Wuhan by September 12, and the
CCP knew it.

The report provides a fascinating narrative of what happened after
that -- the super-spreader events, the deep coverup, and so forth.

In a sense it doesn't matter whether the virus escaped from the lab
accidentally, since everything that happened after September 12 was
intentional and criminal.

The Chinese have had several experiences with viruses in the past, and
they could have killed off the virus quickly, if they had wanted to.
Instead, the let it spread, and they launched a deep coverup,
punishing anyone who revealed what was going on.

So there was was a three month period between September and December
when the CCP knew about the virus and could have killed it off, but
instead let it spread through super-spreader events combined with a
deep coverup. This was followed by encouraging -- even demanding --
people in 180 countries to travel to and from Wuhan, thus spreading it
around the world, while forbidding travel between Wuhan and other
parts of China.

I want to particularly address one point that you made: "It was
released in China, not in the USA or Taiwan or Japan."

In fact, it had to be released in Wuhan, if the release was
intentional, and could not have been released in another country.

The spread of the virus required three months of super-spreader events
and coverups. This could only have been done in Wuhan.

Suppose that the virus had been somehow put into a fish market in San
Francisco. As soon as people started getting sick, there would be
investigators all over the place. They would kill off the virus
quickly and used contact tracing to keep it from spreading.
Furthermore, they would collect footage from street cameras and ask
the public for their photos of the fish market. They would identify
who planted the virus, and trace it back to the CCP.

So if the leak was intentional, it had to be in Wuhan.

The thing is: If China wanted to spread a virus around the world, the
steps they followed were exactly the way to do it. That's why the
circumstantial evidence is that the whole thing was intentional. We
know that everything AFTER September 12 was intentional, so it seems
likely that the action BEFORE September 12 was also intentional.

What was the motive? As I've said many times, the Chinese Communists
are the stupidest people on earth. Just look at the Great Leap
Forward or the Tiananmen Square massacre or the massive torture,
beating, and enslavement of millions of Uighurs. So the motive of the
lab leak would be equally stupid, whatever it is.