Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

John wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:42 am
** 12-Jul-2021 World View: Cuba street protests at start of Crisis era

Today's new anti-government protests are larger and more widespread
than the 1994 student protests. Since this is the beginning of a
generational Crisis era, it's quite possible that it will spread, in
the following weeks and months, into a re-fighting of Castro's
revolution.
As with other anti-communist dictatorship revolutions, the outcome will depend on the military in the country. If the military sides with the protesters (Russia, East Germany) then they can overthrow the communist dictatorship. If the military sides with the government (China), then it will be difficult.

Another example is the failed uprising in Iran in (I think) 2009, again due to the regime having the loyalty of the security forces.

It is also possible that those in power in Cuba could ask for foreign military assistance. This could come from Russia or Venezuela. If either of these were to occur, we would have a definite and clear Monroe doctrine problem. Which I have no confidence the current administration would deal with properly.

If the Cubans have learned the lessons from Russia and Iran, they can put this down (at least temporarily). The Iranians set up an internal security force where those people got special payments and privileges based on their loyalty. The Russians failed to do this for the forces they sent in to support the anti-Gorbachev coup. (which is an illustration of the coup leader's incompetence. Even the Czars knew to use non-Russian speaking troops to put down revolts in cities. The Chinese knew this, they used non-Chinese speaking troops to put down the Tianamen revolt).

I would bet that if the Cuban regime has too much of a problem, they will ask the Venezuelans for help.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

DanielUK wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:21 am
That will have to wait until heaven. Christ will be that ruler. Here on Earth we have to make do with imperfect rulers and imperfect subjects. Even a faithful Bible Believing Christian as a ruler will not prevent his sin and the sin of others from causing trouble.

Moreover, there are many instances in the Bible of godly kings succeeded by wicked sons, which caused much damage even if they were converted in old age. Look at Hezekiah and Manasseh.

It is not a coincidence that the most developed and happy countries are in the West, particularly the former Protestant countries, where a strong Bible ethic influenced everything from commerce to education. As those countries abandon Christianity, the benefits of Christianity are also lost.
In all likelihood, you are correct. I'm just telling you the best of the bad forms of government, and it's clearly what I've indicated, not democracy. As much as the west has bias, the best example in governance that it totally ignores historically is this not-so-famous empire called the Eastern Roman Empire which was around over 1000 years. Yet we hear about "Rome" for barely 100 years at a time, here and there, and it's "sacking" and "fall."

It's a great example of people not understanding history. And yes, the Byzantines absolutely had problems here and there, like all empires do, but 1000 years and they don't get a mention or serious study? It's laughable.

Christ already rules, that is he has defeated all enemies but yes we wait for the chronological time in which the demons and their leader are thrown into the Lake of Fire, which is prepared for them, and they know it. His parousia (appearance) will be at the unveiling of things to come (it is not a return), when all men are judged, and those who love Him will live with Him. Belief in Him will not escape you from suffering, we must go through what He did, indeed. But if you reject Him as you say, your country will have an even greater fall.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:36 pm
John wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:42 am
** 12-Jul-2021 World View: Cuba street protests at start of Crisis era

Today's new anti-government protests are larger and more widespread
than the 1994 student protests. Since this is the beginning of a
generational Crisis era, it's quite possible that it will spread, in
the following weeks and months, into a re-fighting of Castro's
revolution.
As with other anti-communist dictatorship revolutions, the outcome will depend on the military in the country. If the military sides with the protesters (Russia, East Germany) then they can overthrow the communist dictatorship. If the military sides with the government (China), then it will be difficult.

Another example is the failed uprising in Iran in (I think) 2009, again due to the regime having the loyalty of the security forces.

It is also possible that those in power in Cuba could ask for foreign military assistance. This could come from Russia or Venezuela. If either of these were to occur, we would have a definite and clear Monroe doctrine problem. Which I have no confidence the current administration would deal with properly.

If the Cubans have learned the lessons from Russia and Iran, they can put this down (at least temporarily). The Iranians set up an internal security force where those people got special payments and privileges based on their loyalty. The Russians failed to do this for the forces they sent in to support the anti-Gorbachev coup. (which is an illustration of the coup leader's incompetence. Even the Czars knew to use non-Russian speaking troops to put down revolts in cities. The Chinese knew this, they used non-Chinese speaking troops to put down the Tianamen revolt).

I would bet that if the Cuban regime has too much of a problem, they will ask the Venezuelans for help.
Good post.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

The DEA has confirmed that one of the gunmen who assassinated Haitian president Jovenel Moise was a "former" informant.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 021-07-12/

Meanwhile, CNN is reporting that several other gunmen also had ties to US government agencies, particularly the FBI.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/americas ... index.html

If these reports are true, then there is now stronger evidence that the US, not China, was the one behind the assassination.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

DaKardii wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:49 am
The DEA has confirmed that one of the gunmen who assassinated Haitian president Jovenel Moise was a "former" informant.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 021-07-12/

Meanwhile, CNN is reporting that several other gunmen also had ties to US government agencies, particularly the FBI.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/americas ... index.html

If these reports are true, then there is now stronger evidence that the US, not China, was the one behind the assassination.
I don't think there ever was any evidence that China was behind this nor is there any evidence that the US is behind it other than the fact that certain participants were Haitian-American.
Two Colombian suspects who were killed in Haiti by police also had links to CTU Security, which is owned by a Venezuelan national, said Colombian police on Monday. They have requested assistance from the US Interpol office to investigate the company's data.
It's not clear that the men who worked as US law enforcement informants wittingly participated in the assassination plot or were aware of the mission, the people briefed on the matter said.
The US does some underhanded things in the world, but that doesn't mean the US is behind everything. Giving too much credit is as bad as giving too little.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Politico is reporting that Biden is considering intervening to ensure SMS messages are “fact checked.”

Such a policy would be blatantly unconstitutional, and perhaps an impeachable offense.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/1 ... ign-499278

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

DaKardii wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:35 pm
Politico is reporting that Biden is considering intervening to ensure SMS messages are “fact checked.”

Such a policy would be blatantly unconstitutional, and perhaps an impeachable offense.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/1 ... ign-499278
There is absolute proof that the election was stolen, and the deep state and Biden know it. That's why they spy on Carlson, that's why they are trying to front run the evidence that is coming. They can't stop it. The sooner we have someone take over who actually cares about the Constitution, the better. There is only one way to do it at this point, sadly.

John

Post by John »

15-Jul-21 World View -- South Africa tribal violence spreading and growing

Rewriting the history of the Mfecane

Cuba street protests at start of its generational Crisis era

** 15-Jul-21 World View -- South Africa tribal violence spreading and growing
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e210715

Contents:
South Africa tribal violence spreading and growing
Xenophobic violence during Jacob Zuma's term
Cyril Ramaphosa, from the Venda tribe, becomes president
Brief generational history of South Africa
Rewriting the history of the Mfecane
Cuba street protests at start of its generational Crisis era

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, South Africa, Durban, Johnanessburg,
Jacob Zuma, Umshini Wami, Bring me my machine gun,
African National Congress, ANC,
KwaZulu-Natal, Goodwill Zwelithini, Cyril Ramaphosa,
Mfecane, Shaka, Julian Cobbing

thinker

Post by thinker »

As the only Cuban on this forum that I know of I would like to put somethings out there and see what you guys think.
I do not know if the Cuban government will use Venezuelans. From what I have gathered from members of my family and Venezuelan friends that the Venezuelan government uses Cuban secret police for their own security all the way up to Maduro. They do not trust enough of their own people for this work and they are supposedly in even worse shape than Cuba if you can believe that. I think a better candidate and what I worry about is that it will be China. China has already collaborated with the Cuban government on other things and this would give them a very strong foothold on a country that is less than 100 miles from the U.S..
On South Africa, I went on safari to South Africa during the Obama administration and met with lots of people. The white South Africans told me that there was a civil war coming between the black tribes. The white South Africans were planning on staying out of it but they were arming themselves more than usual. I do not know if they will be able to stay out of it but I did see videos of a group of people called the cape colored who are the descendants of former Indian slaves brought to South Africa during colonial times. They were organizing themselves with white South Africans into armed militias to protect themselves.
Also on the issue of not enough food to feed everyone, I think that a bigger problem is mismanagement and corruption. Being that I like to hunt and fish I have also gotten into the science of wildlife management and fisheries management, this has gotten me into agriculture as well. What I have noticed is that too often these two issues lead to not taking advantage of scientific advances in agriculture that would lead to more food production. That is not to say that we would never get to a point where food would not become limited and lead to war and famine, what I am saying is that it would take longer for this to happen. let me know what you guys think.

Post by Guest »

thinker wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:31 am
As the only Cuban on this forum that I know of I would like to put somethings out there and see what you guys think.
I do not know if the Cuban government will use Venezuelans. From what I have gathered from members of my family and Venezuelan friends that the Venezuelan government uses Cuban secret police for their own security all the way up to Maduro. They do not trust enough of their own people for this work and they are supposedly in even worse shape than Cuba if you can believe that. I think a better candidate and what I worry about is that it will be China. China has already collaborated with the Cuban government on other things and this would give them a very strong foothold on a country that is less than 100 miles from the U.S..
On South Africa, I went on safari to South Africa during the Obama administration and met with lots of people. The white South Africans told me that there was a civil war coming between the black tribes. The white South Africans were planning on staying out of it but they were arming themselves more than usual. I do not know if they will be able to stay out of it but I did see videos of a group of people called the cape colored who are the descendants of former Indian slaves brought to South Africa during colonial times. They were organizing themselves with white South Africans into armed militias to protect themselves.
Also on the issue of not enough food to feed everyone, I think that a bigger problem is mismanagement and corruption. Being that I like to hunt and fish I have also gotten into the science of wildlife management and fisheries management, this has gotten me into agriculture as well. What I have noticed is that too often these two issues lead to not taking advantage of scientific advances in agriculture that would lead to more food production. That is not to say that we would never get to a point where food would not become limited and lead to war and famine, what I am saying is that it would take longer for this to happen. let me know what you guys think.
What I see going on is rule by a bunch of mediocre politcal hacks who use idenity politcs to get what they want. I think civilization is over. The barf bags at CNN and the BBC believe that they can destroy everything and the lights will stay on and the stores will still have food.

Yes, I have lived in Latin America, and yes, the Cubans provide Venezuela's eite with security and are bones and muscle of the police state there. Yes, China will be called in. BUT, Latin America is not an easy place. I think even the Chinese will be overwhelmed. The Soviets offered some free stuff in exchange for a loss of personal freedom. China only offers slavery.

Yes, I have Rhodesian family and they watched Zimbabwe collapse before their very eyes. The Africans reneged on every promise they made and looted the country. I read a survey yesterday that said Zimbabwe was 'the unhappiest place' on the planet.

Americans and Western Europeans will end up like the Rhodesians: refugees. I'm one, and it is hard road. The left has destroyed the West and their now no 'West' to flee to.