Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Containment

Post by Guest »

FullMoon wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:18 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:57 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:10 pm

What's the basis for the Poland fear mongering? I don't see them as similar, or that happening, at all. The Ukraine stuff is completely explainable from a rational point of view for Russia. None of NATO's actions help the narrative, in fact they caused the Russian action due to being completely unnecessary among other things.
Putin wants his empire back.
Poland is not safe.
Everyone knows that.
Poland is rising.
The War will shift East.
Some know this.
If you mean war in South Korea and/or Taiwan, perhaps...perhaps...

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:12 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:23 am
Should the US spend more money on another country where its politicians and ours are in league to enrich themselves, while continuing bloodshed, and with increasing debt loads and failing infrastructure in our own country?
Containment was the primary lesson of WW II. It was the purpose that NATO was built for. Discouraging Putin while not putting boots on the ground is essential. You would rather encourage blatant aggression?
What if Putin is not discouraged? What if we need boots on the ground?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:09 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:
Should the US spend more money on another country where its politicians and ours are in league to enrich themselves, while continuing bloodshed, and with increasing debt loads and failing infrastructure in our own country?
Containment was the primary lesson of WW II. It was the purpose that NATO was built for. Discouraging Putin while not putting boots on the ground is essential. You would rather encourage blatant aggression?
Putin is losing against one country and sanctions alone. Is he in a position to take on all of NATO too? If we need boots, we have them. Putin bet his authority on being able to expand it, lost, and will lose big time if he tries to expand on his bet. At some time he will have to shake loose from his mistake. The sooner he admits it, the less traumatic the result.

Trouble is, autocratic conquerers are not generally rational. Look at how well Napoleon, Hitler, Mussolini, Genghis Kahn, Mao, Stalin ended up. Do such people admit mistakes? How did they choose to end it?

Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

Where is the idea that Putin is "dragging" anyone? NATO decided to continue to put more and more bases on Russian borders, break peace accords, and bomb ethnic russian regions (ethnic cleansing). The new world order is anglo-american-euro esg, quite clearly, and it is unholy and has killed far more people than the Russian Federation ever did, even in the shorter time frame.

The Chinese were always the concern, if anyone was. That's why they bought our politicians. But you all are still focused on someone who isn't an enemy, though of course Christians are an enemy of the USA. And interestingly the Russians aren't friends really with China, just be convenience. But all you talk about is Russia, sorta like the FISA, anti Trump, anti truth Democrats ... why are you in the same boat as they are???

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:09 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:
Throw our boys into the meat grinder! Yeah, that's the ticket. So Biden, Zelenskyy, Raytheon, Lockheed, Pelosi, Pierre Delecto, etc can all get richer!

These guys are lost.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:13 am

Throw our boys into the meat grinder! Yeah, that's the ticket. So Biden, Zelenskyy, Raytheon, Lockheed, Pelosi, Pierre Delecto, etc can all get richer!

These guys are lost.
Hmm. I was on loan to Lockheed for a while, and Raytheon was a frequent competitor. I worked on projects supporting all three elements of the nuclear triad. I'd still prefer those over Hitler, Napoleon, Stalin, Putin, Mao or Trump. I guess it takes all kinds.

John

Post by John »

** 07-Aug-2023 World View: World Views
Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:39 pm
> Even if Trump is deplorable,
> fascist, bigoted, racist, white
> supremacist, evil, and stupid?

> I could half respect the old
> traditional Republicans. There are
> old but still valid perspectives. If
> you have a more rural point of view,
> you may have less need for new
> ideas, new technologies, new
> perspectives. That just doesn't
> much apply to Trump. Use the power
> of the government to enforce white
> religious doctrines? Back white
> prejudices? Oppose minorities just
> because you can?

> I can get that various people have
> different worldviews. I can get if
> you have not confronted habitually
> problems that your old way of
> looking at things hasn't handled,
> you will go with a dated
> perspective. But if you were once
> the law and order party and now want
> to attack the DoJ and FBI because
> you leader is a criminal, you've
> kind of lost it.

> It may be in part that I have that
> all men are created equal idea stuck
> in with my political point of view.
> I treat 'all men' in its widest
> possible interpretation. That might
> be true of many Democrats. If you
> consider racism deplorable and
> stupid, it should not be surprised
> that if you embrace white supremacy,
> you get a worldview collision.

> If you embrace Trump?

Trump is none of the things you list --
deplorable, fascist, bigoted, racist,
white supremacist, evil, or stupid.

I know this because I wrote thousands of
articles analyzing Trump's policies while
he was president, and posted them on
my web site.

It sickens me that you, Biden, and other
Democrats, who are fostering policies
that kill thousands of young blacks on
the streets of Chicago and other
Democrat cities, that floods the country
with fentanyl that's killing hundreds of
thousands of mostly black youths, that
adopts welfare policies that purposely
destroy black families and leave them
fatherless, that are collecting billions
of dollars from drug and sex cartels by
giving them complete control of
America's southern border, and so forth
-- but who ignore the daily drip, drip,
drip of evidence of massive corruption
in the Biden crime family.

I try to make a point of watching CNN
and MS-NBC for 30-60 minutes a day to
see the unhinged commentary you people
are using each day. The most unhinged
commentators are from James Clyburn
and Al Sharpton.

You wouldn't know anything about the
charges against the Biden Crime Family,
since the mainstream media is censoring
the information. They are covered
thoroughly on Fox News, along with full
coverage of the Trump incitements.

*** Mark Levin: Why do Democrats hate America?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllML6OQRLk

*** Alan Dershowitz says he was
> ‘canceled’ from Martha’s Vineyard
> book fair after defending Donald
> Trump
https://nypost.com/2023/08/05/alan-ders ... book-fair/

*** Jack Smith Could Face Criminal
> Charges over Trump Indictment, Alan
> Dershowitz Claims
https://radaronline.com/p/jack-smith-co ... statement/

Note that Alan Dershowitz is a Democrat
and a constitutional scholar at Harvard.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

The Entire Globe Is Being Gripped By A Really Bad Case Of War Fever
August 7, 2023
http://themostimportantnews.com/archive ... -war-fever
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

https://youtu.be/wmTEZic71rE
War fever for sure and it's a decent chance we'll get to start the next chapter this month.
Biden criminal will bow his head and show the world what we have

Bob Butler

All men are created equal...

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:19 pm
Trump is none of the things you list -- deplorable, fascist, bigoted, racist, white supremacist, evil, or stupid.
That’s your list not mine. Of that list, deplorable, evil and stupid seem a way of announcing a world view conflict in various ways. If you consider all men equal, those words would seemingly apply to the MAGA crowd in one way or another. Facist, bigoted, racist and white supremacist are ways of invoking one group as superior to others. It becomes a fine thing to kneel on someone’s neck, to drive through a crowd, to take an assault rifle into a minority place of gathering. Overseas, you might have Hitler's gas chambers and the Armenian genocide. Some people share that sort of belief, if not in the extreme. If they do, they are going to bump into the all men are equal idea hard.

Trump was supported in his insurrectionist coup by Neo nazi and white supremacist groups. They wanted a president who embraced that sort of thinking. America has long had a history of rejecting groups like blacks, native Americans, asians, latinos, or even Irish and Italians. Trump has clearly fallen in line with that old trend, as has DeSantis.

I am aware of the free speech defense against conspiracy charges. In effect, the conspirators have a right to speak freely among each other. I runs against the federal second indictment. Jack Smith admitted and acknowledged the right to speak freely, but denied the right to act freely. The free speech argument could be used to deny any and all conspiracies. You would have to erase every law based on an element of people working together to violate laws.

From what I understand, Fani Willis has built a case around Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). If the free speech defense were to become a primal principle of law - say the US Supreme Court accepted it or a new amendment was passed - all laws similar to RICO where people are persecuted for working together to commit a criminal act would become unconstitutional. Thus, Jack Smith’s approach and Fani Willis’s are quite distinct. Jack Smith is building a case built for speed and thus avoiding the free speech defense. He is prosecuting actions. Fani? She is embracing another approach which assumes RICO is law of the land, which it apparently is in Georgia.

I am aware of Republican attempts to show a ‘Biden crime family.’ The only thing at all real was tax evasion and gun ownership charges against Hunter which are normally not pressed. The prosecutor was Trump appointed and thought a slap on the wrist appropriate. Everything else is propaganda. No evidence at all. Typical Fox News. Lying to the public to further a deplorable mindset and build a profitable market share is worth the occasional defamation case. It’s just deplorable to see you fall for it.