Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

jjjk wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:27 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:37 pm
Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manila Mulls Contingency Plans
As a result of these concerns, as well as incidents over the last week that saw damage to Philippine vessels, Powell told USNI News that Washington and Manila need to define what constitutes an attack as well as how to properly respond to these escalating Chinese actions.

“The Philippines and the U.S. are going to have to start having some very direct conversations about what constitutes an “armed attack” on a public vessel, and make sure they communicate clearly to Beijing how close China is coming to triggering far more serious consequences,” said Powell.

Powell emphasized that without an adequate response, China will think that “it has more room to escalate than it does.”

“The lack of tangible consequences for its recent aggression is an invitation to more aggression.”Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manilla Mulls Contingency Plans
Gordon Chang was interviewed by Forbes YT and said its not Taiwan, but the Philippines where the war will probably breakout. A 1951 treaty obliges the US to defend the Philippines.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vac7Ik7VrkA[/youtube]

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

jjjk wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:27 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:37 pm
Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manila Mulls Contingency Plans
As a result of these concerns, as well as incidents over the last week that saw damage to Philippine vessels, Powell told USNI News that Washington and Manila need to define what constitutes an attack as well as how to properly respond to these escalating Chinese actions.

“The Philippines and the U.S. are going to have to start having some very direct conversations about what constitutes an “armed attack” on a public vessel, and make sure they communicate clearly to Beijing how close China is coming to triggering far more serious consequences,” said Powell.

Powell emphasized that without an adequate response, China will think that “it has more room to escalate than it does.”

“The lack of tangible consequences for its recent aggression is an invitation to more aggression.”Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manilla Mulls Contingency Plans
Gordon Chang was interviewed by Forbes YT and said its not Taiwan, but the Philippines where the war will probably breakout. A 1951 treaty obliges the US to defend the Philippines.
Oh, is he moving on to another 20 years of predicting wars or collapses that don't happen?

Sounds familiar ...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

jjjk wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:24 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:09 pm
The best medicine Bish will ever get is Trump becoming president again. Stop talking to him. He's a communist. That's what DEI is, advancing the incompetent and degenerates to control society and have "equity".

It doesn't even matter at this point, the US is done and we're just waving our hands in the final days - whether that's 10 more or 30 more years.
Sad but true. I am only middle-aged, but I wish I were much older, then I could have enjoyed life to the fullest. The only thing I can see lying ahead of me is Mexifornian violent crime, corruption, disease, failed western states, and misery.
Let's get to a region that's better, or get out entirely. The next 2 generations of Americans are lost from any historical perspective as "countrymen" and the women are totally gone.

Room 222

Post by Room 222 »

Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:03 am
My relatives in Taiwan don't seem worried about an attack...

I have moved gold and silver bullion to Singapore. It won't help me if i'm dead, but if that hapens, I won't have any more worries. Besides, it's not enough to "start over". Just a little something to help me survive for awhile until I can figure out what to do next. Other than that, I don't know what to do.

I once spoke with a refugee who said that he saw a family of refugees trapped by hillside with a river below it. The soldiers were approaching and they would do unspeakable things to the husband's wife and two daughters. The whole family was crying and screaming. The father speoke to them. The man couldn't hear what was said, he was faraway, but he watched as they all held hands and jumped off the hill into the river. They didn't try to swim. Sometimes there is no solution.

I would like to hear from Navigator too.

Thank you, John.

--Guest in Asia.
This is horrifying.

I hope I don't end up in a situation like this, or anything close to it.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Oh, is he moving on to another 20 years of predicting wars or collapses that don't happen?

Sounds familiar ...

It's happening right now and we all can see it. Except you. Don't you get too worried about all this scary geopolitics and stuff. It's better to not believe all the doom and gloom.

Just hold on to your Bitcoin and sit in the bleachers making fun of everyone who makes actual predictions that come true. You'll be a Bitcoin billionaire soon and can help make the world a better place. Then all you need is to learn enough humility and respect that you can attract a decent woman.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:10 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:34 pm
Maybe we could have a new thread started about the 24' election.
Seconded,
I don’t care and was just curious about Bob’s perspective on things. Bob, you seem pretty passionate on your position, which I can appreciate, but also disagree with.

Most people are entrenched in their political views and I am no different. It’s unfortunate that our political class and media have divided us so greatly, especially in the last several years.

My hope is that somehow this country will continue on, and that people will realize how much our leaders hold us all in contempt and wish we were no longer a nuisance, be it on the right or left. The majority does not care about anything other than getting re-elected and staying cash flow (extremely) positive, to our detriment.

Bob Butler

Partisanship

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:30 pm
I don’t care and was just curious about Bob’s perspective on things. Bob, you seem pretty passionate on your position, which I can appreciate, but also disagree with.

Most people are entrenched in their political views and I am no different. It’s unfortunate that our political class and media have divided us so greatly, especially in the last several years.

My hope is that somehow this country will continue on, and that people will realize how much our leaders hold us all in contempt and wish we were no longer a nuisance, be it on the right or left. The majority does not care about anything other than getting re-elected and staying cash flow (extremely) positive, to our detriment.
I sure can't argue with the passionate or entrenched parts. I see Trump and Fox lying to their crowd, which is much more than just a nuisance. The majority? The Democrats are at least trying for kitchen table issues, while the Republicans are impeaching without evidence. I guess that justifies partisanship, but you can justify it the other way if you believe the lies.

thinker

Post by thinker »

Navigator , sorry I took so long to respond to your question. What I mean by blind spots is for example you mention Manchin as a good third party candidate, but Manchin is also corrupt, sure not as much as Biden or some of the others but he is still corrupt. You and John are both very intelligent and well educated and have a lot of life experience, but like most bummers you rely on the main stream media to much. When I say mainstream media I also put foreign corporate media in this. Younger generations use other media more than boomers, we follow independent journalist and citizen journalist that boomers have never heard of because mainstream corporate media will never even acknowledge their existence. Also the world boomers grew up in is vastly different from the world millenials and gen z have grown in. Gen X like myself have lived in a time that was a bridge between boomers growth years and millenials and gen Z growth years. Boomers for example will say that they experienced the inflation of the 70s as well as much higher interest rates which is true, but you also experienced higher wage growth and better prices for housing which helped offset those two things. Millenials , gen X and gen Z also have our own blind spots, for example Millenials and gen Z believe that prices will forever be sky high , the economy will always suck and there will never be a return to the good times. Well that's because off their blindspots. Gen X for example we believe that inflation will continue and is basically an unstopable monster. We also believe that this corruption of the moral core of the west is also unstopable as well as believing that we failed to stop this and that millenials and gen Z will not be able to stop this either. Well John who is a boomer for example is predicting deflation and after a lot of suffering a return to good times, some may say that has to do with his knowledge of generational dynamics but I believe it also has to do with his experiences through out his life and the information he gathered through living.

thinker

Post by thinker »

Bob posts a link to an article by the communist rag The Guardian as proof of Trump being a rapist. He might as well put an article from Pravda as his proof. Bob sounds like a brainwashed parrot because that is basically what he is. He constantly parrots the same talking points over and over again. He has no clue about the crimes of Joe Biden for example because they don't exist in his echo chamber, again he has no connection to reality. People like him have no reason to leave the echo chamber because it feeds their need for validation. In this space they are the smart, enlightened and sophisticated ones so why would they leave voluntarily. Unfortunately for them reality always wins in the end.

thinker

Post by thinker »

One last thing for now, Cool Breeze I agree with you on a lot of things but I don't agree with you on some other things. I like you and I hope you re think this idea of leaving to greener pastures somewhere else. I think you would be better off staying in the US and just preparing. If you are living in a place that is going down hill like say California than move to a red state like Texas or Florida that is better for preparing for what is to come. This is the same advice I have for anyone living in the western world that is not like Bob or Shoshin, the future looks much worse now because of the elites control of the corporate mainstream media, but from what I am seeing at the street level things are going to swing back in our favor in a huge way. Is it going to happen overnight , no but it will happen and we will need you and the other westerners that have lost hope to help us rebuild. To give you an example my niece is what I would consider a moderate liberal. She was not a Trump fan and voted for both Hillery and Biden. She visited us from San Francisco and lets just say that her and her husband are starting to have the come to Jesus moment, and they are not the only ones. Mind you they live in San Francisco and both work in the tech industry. When this is happening it tells you that the big reversal is not a matter of if but of when.