Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
User avatar
Tom Mazanec
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

E) 3 years is my guess.
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Cool Breeze
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:40 pm
E) 3 years is my guess.
We agree again.

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:10 pm
** 04-May-2021 World View: False Narratives


So if you're getting your news from the mainstream media, then you
have no clude what's actually going on in the world.
That's why I come here.

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:31 pm
John wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:10 pm
** 04-May-2021 World View: False Narratives


So if you're getting your news from the mainstream media, then you
have no clude what's actually going on in the world.
That's why I come here.
Me, too.

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:42 am
Guest wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:31 pm
John wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:10 pm
** 04-May-2021 World View: False Narratives


So if you're getting your news from the mainstream media, then you
have no clude what's actually going on in the world.
That's why I come here.
Me, too.
#Me too.

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:10 pm
Question 4:

California spends $50bn on welfare every year for people not to work. The state takes in $30bn in taxes every year, but loses 5% of its taxpaying population, which is offset by increasing its welfare population by the same amount. How long before the state needs another federal bail out?

A) 5 years

B) 7 years

C) 15 years

D) You are a racist and a misogynist
D

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Everything began to go downhill when the schools stopped teaching "The Elements" by Euclid.

spottybrowncow
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:06 am

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by spottybrowncow »

Guest wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:45 am
Guest wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:42 am
Guest wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:31 pm


That's why I come here.
Me, too.
#Me too.
Now THAT’S funny!

John
Posts: 10214
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by John »

** 06-May-2021 World View: Complete baseless accusations
DaKardii wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:57 pm
> Yes. That's exactly why I believe it.

> The Iran-al-Qaeda alliance is about as real as the Sino-Russian
> alliance. In other words, they don't exist. In both cases, they're
> natural enemies, and any cooperation between them is the result of
> our warmongering.

> Cooperation does not mean alliance. But both the political
> establishment and the mainstream media want us to believe
> otherwise. They need to sell this "alliance" BS in order to create
> a justification for further warmongering. It's absolutely
> disgusting. And yes, Pompeo did promote that narrative,
> especially during his final days in office.

> https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... e-in-iran/
What are you talking about? Of course Shia and Sunni Muslims can
cooperate against a common enemy. Iraq is a nation of both Sunnis and
Shias, and they united to fight Iran in the Iran-Iraq war. What you
wrote doesn't even make any sense.

Pompeo is absolutely correct that Iran sometimes cooperates with
al-Qaeda to target American assets. Of course they would. I've
written articles about it in the past, and I linked to a couple
recently for you.

You said that Pompeo manufactured a lie that "Iran supports al-Qaeda!"
and you said that it was a "completely baseless accusations." Now
you're saying, well maybe it's cooperation but not an alliance. Well
of course it's cooperation but not an alliance. But that's different
than a lie and a "completely baseless accusations." Of course Iran
will support al-Qaeda when it benefits them. Why wouldn't they? They
aren't that stupid.
DaKardii wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:57 pm
> Meanwhile, I knew that "Russian bounty" story was bullshit from
> the start. Why? For the exact same reason I'm convinced that the
> "Iran-al-Qaeda alliance" narrative is bullshit. Why would the
> Sunni fundamentalist Taliban be allies with Orthodox Russia? It
> doesn't add up.
Especially if you take Generational Dynamics
> into account.
Once again, you don't know what your talking about. The Soviet
Empire, prior to 1991, consisted of Muslim and Christian states that
had to cooperate on all sorts of things. Today, Russia's Collective
Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) contains both Muslim and Christian
nations, and they cooperate on trade and security and other things.
So Sunni fundamentalists ally with Orthodox Russia all the time.
Alliances can be formed along all kinds of demographic fault lines,
and religion is just one. There's also skin color, ethnicity,
geography, and economic alignment. So, "Why would the Sunni
fundamentalist Taliban be allies with Orthodox Russia?" Well of
course they would, at least temporarily, if they thought that it would
benefit them. Why wouldn't they? Do you think they would say, "We
won't take your Christian money?" That's ridiculous.

But still, the answer to the question of "Why would the Sunni
fundamentalist Taliban be allies with Orthodox Russia?" is no, but for
a completely different reason than the one you gave. It's because the
Russians don't want the Americans to withdraw, because that will
destabilize the CSTO countries.

** 3-May-21 World View -- US withdrawal from Afghanistan threatens Central Asia stability
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e210503



So yes, the story was bullshit, manufactured by the Democrats to
attack Trump during the campaign. Trump and Pompeo knew that it was
ridiculous, but couldn't say so directly because then the Democrats
would accuse Trump of being soft on Russia. So Pompeo said, "If it's
true, then the Russians will pay a price." This was a brilliant
answer because it embarrasses both the Democrats and the Russians.
Now that Biden is in office, the CIA is saying, oh yeah right, that
was bullshit after all. Very convenient.

You've blamed Pompeo for lies and "totally baseless accusations," and
you're wrong on all counts. The lies all come from the Democrats,
not from the Republicans. You said that you were personally betrayed
by the Republicans, and you're angered by the criminality of
the Republicans, but every one of your examples is wrong.

You mentioned something about coming from a GOP family. I'm going to
guess that your strong emotional opinions are related less to facts
and more to your disagreements within your family.

DaKardii
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:17 am

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by DaKardii »

John wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 pm
What are you talking about? Of course Shia and Sunni Muslims can
cooperate against a common enemy. Iraq is a nation of both Sunnis and
Shias, and they united to fight Iran in the Iran-Iraq war.
Yes they did. But that was 40 years ago. A time when different ethno-religious fault lines were at the forefront than they are now.

Meanwhile, you yourself have stated many times that we are headed for a general Sunni-Shia conflict, and I believe you. So how could I not conclude that Sunni-Shia cooperation would be far less "natural" today than in 1980?

It would take truly unique forces, such as neocon warmongering, to make such cooperation happen at all. And of course, both the mainstream media and people like Pompeo would deliberately leave that part out when trying to explain why such cooperation is happening, if it's actually happening.
John wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 pm
Now you're saying, well maybe it's cooperation but not an alliance. Well
of course it's cooperation but not an alliance. But that's different
than a lie and a "completely baseless accusations."
What about Pompeo's statements about how Iran is al-Qaeda's "new home base?" That sure sounds like an attempt to exaggerate the extent of this alleged cooperation.
John wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 pm
The Soviet Empire, prior to 1991, consisted of Muslim and Christian states that
had to cooperate on all sorts of things. Today, Russia's Collective
Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) contains both Muslim and Christian
nations, and they cooperate on trade and security and other things.
So Sunni fundamentalists ally with Orthodox Russia all the time.
There are three Muslim countries that are members of the CSTO: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan. None of those countries are ruled by Sunni fundamentalists.
John wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 pm
Alliances can be formed along all kinds of demographic fault lines,
and religion is just one. There's also skin color, ethnicity,
geography, and economic alignment.
Of course. Sunni Turkey's very natural alliance with Shia Azerbaijan is a great example. That alliance is rooted in ethnicity rather than religion. The same dynamics drive the natural alliances of Central Asia in general. Hence why I'm convinced that most of that region will be on the opposite side as Russia, regardless of how prevalent Sunni fundamentalism is over there.
John wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 pm
...the Russians don't want the Americans to withdraw, because that will
destabilize the CSTO countries.
I wouldn't rule out that possibility, even though Russia has long considered the American presence there to be a nuisance.
John wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 pm
So yes, the story was bullshit, manufactured by the Democrats to
attack Trump during the campaign. Trump and Pompeo knew that it was
ridiculous, but couldn't say so directly because then the Democrats
would accuse Trump of being soft on Russia. So Pompeo said, "If it's
true, then the Russians will pay a price." This was a brilliant
answer because it embarrasses both the Democrats and the Russians.
Now that Biden is in office, the CIA is saying, oh yeah right, that
was bullshit after all. Very convenient.
What exactly did Trump have to gain from being tough on Russia over this non-issue? The Democrats were going to continue the "Putin puppet" narrative regardless of what he did.
John wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 pm
You mentioned something about coming from a GOP family. I'm going to
guess that your strong emotional opinions are related less to facts
and more to your disagreements within your family.
Nope. My current opinions are rooted in me listening to the Ron Paul wing of the GOP. I used to think those people were nuts, but after seeing Trump's bizarre reaction to the Khashoggi killing I began reconsidering that position. I can't pinpoint exactly what caused my definitive break with Trumpism, but a very strong candidate would be this podcast by Lee Stranahan:

https://twitter.com/stranahan/status/11 ... 6305286145

Other strong candidates include me learning about the petrodollar and me reading The Grand Chessboard.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests