food prices

Topics related to current and historical events occurring in various countries and regions
gerald

food prices

Post by gerald »

Do the leaders know what they are doing? Are they trying to foster social turmoil or are they just ignorant?
A link to the price of food and quantitative easing.
http://georgewashington2.blogspot.com/2 ... -food.html

rushye

Re: food prices

Post by rushye »

They just do what they want to without thinking of the consequences that everyone will suffer.
They're just thinking of themselves.
Being a mom and a wife are the biggest responsibility i have...

But I'm loving it!!!

steve12

Post by steve12 »

Maybe because the majority of our leaders are born financially stable or rich that they don't actually see the real deal in all these things. I agree with you rushye , sometimes leaders are selfish they don't realize that everyone will suffer, or maybe they simply don't think and care at all since they're not amongst us.

Laustim

Post by Laustim »

Wedding Catering services can be very serious decisions, and you should devote your time and explore various alternatives. We'll have to make recommendations to clients or friends for food and other food companies. When you create a list of prospective companies, you need to communicate about them, their general prices and discounts that you realize how expensive a wedding can make your choice clear on this event and you should be prepared to discuss them personally prepare your case..........

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Laustim wrote:Wedding Catering services can be very serious decisions, and you should devote your time and explore various alternatives. We'll have to make recommendations to clients or friends for food and other food companies. When you create a list of prospective companies, you need to communicate about them, their general prices and discounts that you realize how expensive a wedding can make your choice clear on this event and you should be prepared to discuss them personally prepare your case..........
WTHeck ???

Matt J

Post by Matt J »

rushye wrote:They just do what they want to without thinking of the consequences that everyone will suffer.
I agree entirely.

Its easy for a family of 4 living at their means at <100K per year to notice a ten percent increase in the price of groceries (bill goes from 900-~1K/month) than it is once your income is much more than that. You have to run a tight budget to see these changes at higher income since you don't really feel the impact.

Washington "elites" can't comprehend the needs of actual people.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Matt J wrote:
rushye wrote:They just do what they want to without thinking of the consequences that everyone will suffer.
I agree entirely.

Its easy for a family of 4 living at their means at <100K per year to notice a ten percent increase in the price of groceries (bill goes from 900-~1K/month) than it is once your income is much more than that. You have to run a tight budget to see these changes at higher income since you don't really feel the impact.

Washington "elites" can't comprehend the needs of actual people.
I do not disagree that they do not care about food prices.

But your explanation as to why may be giving them way too much credit.

They also do not care that the former governor of New Jersey stole over a Billion dollars out of the accounts of brokerage customers - and has never been charged with it.

They also do not care that Billions upon Billions of fraudulent transactions were part of the Financial Crisis and no one has ever been charged with a crime related to that.

The answer as to why is not that they make so much money a Billion here and there does not mean anything to them.

Matt J

Post by Matt J »

Of course not, the Gen X mentality is why. They don't view the billions as stealing.

Food prices however are something you dont worry about when you have enough, but are a tremendous concern when your family is starving.

arrowrod

Post by arrowrod »

Hey dummies... (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

Farmers are not dummies. If the price of a food item goes up sufficiently, they plant more.

We don't live in Communist country. (My attempt to be humorous)

falopex

Post by falopex »

arrowrod wrote:... Farmers are not dummies. If the price of a food item goes up sufficiently, they plant more. ...
Not if they are already planting at the maximum capacity of their fields. Not if their fields are in an extreme drought zone. Not if they can make more money from subsidies for growing (or *not* growing) something else. Not if the cost of increased production outweighs the potential gain. If growing additional wheat means having to build another silo and the cost of that silo exceeds the potential extra income from the additional wheat, the silo doesn't get built and the extra wheat doesn't get planted.

Or consider one of our big cash crops; corn. We use it as both food and fuel. If the fuel companies are willing to pay more for corn than the food industries, the farmers will tend to sell it to the fuel companies even if consumers want more corn to eat. Why? Because farmers, like anybody, want to be able to pay the bills, keep roofs over their families' heads, and put food on their tables. Selling to the highest bidder just makes sense for them.

Few problems can be solved in a single sentence.
Ray Henry (falopex)