Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
spottybrowncow

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by spottybrowncow »

Exactly.

Like it or not, Taiwan is squarely a card-carrying member of the first western world, and unfortunately happens to be about 100 miles from a colossal evil regime. Hong Kong was also a member of the west, but it had been agreed that at some point (yes, the rules were "bent") it would revert to Chinese control. There is no such agreement on Taiwan. China says it must return, but the Taiwanese sure as hell don't think so. I personally don't see how China could not realize this and therefore never risk invading Taiwan, but, as John so eloquently points out, the CCP is run by a bunch of maniacal dumb-asses (maybe I paraphrased a bit).

JCP

Post by JCP »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:25 pm
Exactly.

Like it or not, Taiwan is squarely a card-carrying member of the first western world, and unfortunately happens to be about 100 miles from a colossal evil regime. Hong Kong was also a member of the west, but it had been agreed that at some point (yes, the rules were "bent") it would revert to Chinese control. There is no such agreement on Taiwan. China says it must return, but the Taiwanese sure as hell don't think so. I personally don't see how China could not realize this and therefore never risk invading Taiwan, but, as John so eloquently points out, the CCP is run by a bunch of maniacal dumb-asses (maybe I paraphrased a bit).
Yes, I am in this till the bitter end. To the bitter end.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

John wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:27 pm
** 03-Jul-2021 World View: Stupidity vs Ignorance
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:22 pm
> I really wonder if AOC is as dumb as she portrays herself or
> whether it's an act. She did get a great paying job out of it so I
> wouldn't be surprised.
This is exactly my point. She's intelligent, but uses her
"intelligence" to manipulate people into stupid decisions.
The real question is whether the whole "progressive" thing is staged. Is it all an act? After all, she gets lots of media attention and got a job paying $174,000 a year. Would that be enough to let people think you're an idiot? I can think of people in my own life who would agree to that.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
> What you're characterizing as stupidity is mostly ignorance. You
> can't blame someone for not being able to solve calculus equations
> if they've never been trained to do so. I put the blame mostly on
> the public school system. But one thing the military does fairly
> well is training. Being around things that go boom tends to make
> that important. Perhaps ignorance may continue in some things, but
> soldiers tend to be well educated in their actual jobs.
Once again, you're making my point. The reason they're ignorant is
because they don't learn anything in school, and the reason they don't
learn anything in school is because it's considered racist to make
students learn things.
It's not quite as bad as you're making it. I have three cousins who are teachers, both public and private, and they tell me some things. Yes, it's possible to get through public school and be functionally illiterate. It's also possible to get a first class education, even in these days. Private schools do even better because parents insist on actual results since they're shelling out for tuition personally.
I think back to my days in high school as a young Boomer, and every
course I can remember -- history, algebra, geometry, English, French,
Latin, and so forth -- was a lot of work. Even the "Home Economics"
courses, which were for girls, required actual work. Even study halls
were work, or at least you had to pretend to be working. But what I
see today is that most of these same courses are now a lot of bullshit
so that nobody's feelings will be hurt, and so nobody learns anything.
Again, yes and no. It's entirely possible to get through school learning nothing, but it's also possible to get a first rate education matching anything you may have gotten in your childhood.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
> The critical race theory stuff is just insane, but keep in mind
> that you're talking about an hour or two in a year with most of
> the victims, I mean participants, forgetting most of it
> immediately afterwards because they don't care about it.
Are you sure that's true? If it is true, then it's a big relief.

My concern is that the Democrats are using it to make sure that there
are no Trump supporters in the army, where they might be "terrorists."
Considering that the military skews right quite heavily, the only way to do that would be massive purges. I'm willing to believe that there are some people in the administration who really that kind of BS, but most do not and go along with it only because it's easier. Similarly, in most big companies there may be a vocal minority who truly believes in the social justice warrior crap, but there is also a silent majority who just wants to get through their day without hassles and will keep their mouths shut to avoid dealing it.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

DaKardii wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:42 pm
Is Taiwan even strategically important to the US? If so, why?
Important, yes.
Vital, probably not.

John

Post by John »

** 06-Jul-2021 World View: Defending Taiwan

I just heard a military analyst on TV argue that if China attacks
Taiwan, then the US shouldn't respond, because the Taiwan army alone
would do real damage to China's army, while our army would remain
intact if we stay out of it.

Just another Pollyannaish view by an analyst.

John

Post by John »

7-Jul-21 World View -- Russia and Tajikistan protect border As Afghan forces collapse under Taliban offensive

Tajikistan mobilizes 20,000 military reservists to Afghan border

** 7-Jul-21 World View -- Russia and Tajikistan protect border As Afghan forces collapse under Taliban offensive
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e210707

Contents:
Tajikistan mobilizes 20,000 military reservists to Afghan border
Russia prepares to help Tajikistan protect its border with Afghanistan

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan,
China, Russia, Soviet Union,
Collective Security Treaty Organization, CSTO,
Afghanistan, Taliban, Pashtuns, Hazaras, Tajiks,
Uzbeks, Northern Alliance, Saudi Arabia, Osama bin Laden,
Andrei Rudenko

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Guest wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm
I live in Asiaa and oppose China. If the US fails to protect Taiwan, all of Asia will fall to Beijing. America will have zero credibility and you will have to fight China--all alone.
You talk as if we still have credibility even now. We have very little, if any.

Meanwhile, what country do you live in? I’m curious.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Haitian president assassinated by mysterious militia in midnight raid on his residence

https://nypost.com/2021/07/07/haitian-p ... -home/amp/

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Speaking of China and microchips...

https://texasnewstoday.com/china-backed ... ry/348694/

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:23 am
The real question is whether the whole "progressive" thing is staged. Is it all an act? After all, she gets lots of media attention and got a job paying $174,000 a year. Would that be enough to let people think you're an idiot? I can think of people in my own life who would agree to that.
It's not an act. We are living in a generation of people raised by people who don't believe in anything, on average, and have no use or even see the value in the attempt of living a virtuous, godly life. As such, they will do anything (being a hypocrite to make money is just fine) to seize an opportunity to whore themselves without thinking twice about it. This is the whole purpose of materialist, godless consumers.
Considering that the military skews right quite heavily, the only way to do that would be massive purges. I'm willing to believe that there are some people in the administration who really that kind of BS, but most do not and go along with it only because it's easier. Similarly, in most big companies there may be a vocal minority who truly believes in the social justice warrior crap, but there is also a silent majority who just wants to get through their day without hassles and will keep their mouths shut to avoid dealing it.
The problem with "conservatives" yet again is that they are aware of the truth, but their church is the the church of economy, or even neoliberal economics. As long as "you don't bother me" (stupid libertarian point of view) or "keep it to yourself" I'll look the other way - as long as the economy is reasonable. Now all of the parents see that money doesn't matter if they are trying to hurt your kids, abuse them with vaccines, change their views on sex and sexual acts, etc.

People who don't really believe in anything (those who "want to be nice") or care about what others think about them - you should but in a healthy way - fall by the wayside and then end up ruining it for everyone else. Doing what's right is what matters. Gays were supposed to just want their own freedom to do what they want, etc. It's all a ruse to change and ruin the culture. Now we have 30 acronyms for sex and gender related lies.

Democracies don't work. Republics might even be worse. Only the godly don't go mad, but the chaos of the demons will eventually call the good guys crazy, mad, etc.