Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

spottybrowncow

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob,

Higgie didn't formulate new responses to your most recent falsehoods because he's done it before, eloquently and repeatedly, and you just ignore his arguments and go off on different absurd tangents (like you just did again in your last post). In other words, countering your false claims is not worth the effort, because you're not playing the same game (logic) everyone else is.

There must be a reason why you're like this. If I have time, I'll peruse the DSM-5, and see if I can find something that fits.

Bob Butler

Logic?

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:31 pm
There must be a reason why you're like this. If I have time, I'll peruse the DSM-5, and see if I can find something that fits.
Logic? The problem is that he is trying to explain to a blue person living in a blue state what blue values are about, and he is very very wrong.

Logic? He claims to be pro life, but invents lies when others want to take precautions against Covid. Mind you it isn’t just Higgenbotham. A lot of Republicans advocate a supposed pro life stance while not taking precautions against factors that will kill those around them. Not a false claim. Not a diversion. The false claim is of soft slavery. Rather than defend his own hypocrisy he will make up imaginary motivations I have never heard of before.

As a side note, I do sympathize with Trump a little bit. He claims that he is just doing what he always did, but suddenly the DoJ and New York are prosecuting him while they never did before. It supposedly must be a political prosecution. While white collar crime isn’t my shtick, I kind of believe the government often does ignore white collar crime. They let the rich get away with it. They aren’t doing that with Trump anymore. Thing is, he did commit the crimes. From shifting evaluations to stolen documents to fake electors and the insurrection, these are looking like easy to prove very real cases. If he wanted to keep the unofficial immunity from prosecution, he should have laid low, should not have drawn attention to himself. As is, he is a criminal at heart and cannot seem to help himself.

Yes. There are reasons I advocate rule of law, an end to prejudice, not forcing your own culture on others, and taking precautions against a deadly pandemic. These are not difficult to understand or false claims. They often do contradict conservative policy. It becomes necessary for conservatives to make up imaginary false motivations. If Higgenbotham’s lies about motivations are false of me and false of the liberals around me, I will not dwell on the lies but rather will try to clarify my true motivations.

One warning. If you deal with real issues including perusing DSM-5, fine, I will respond. If you switch to personal attacks, I will ignore and not respond.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I value a human zygote as much as any other human…a person is a person, no matter how small. But I have had five COVID shots and wore masks during the pandemic.
So does this cause you cognitive dissonance Bob?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Higgenbotham

Re: Logic?

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:46 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:31 pm
Logic? The problem is that he is trying to explain to a blue person living in a blue state what blue values are about, and he is very very wrong.

Logic? He claims to be pro life, but invents lies when others want to take precautions against Covid. Mind you it isn’t just Higgenbotham. A lot of Republicans advocate a supposed pro life stance while not taking precautions against factors that will kill those around them. Not a false claim. Not a diversion. The false claim is of soft slavery. Rather than defend his own hypocrisy he will make up imaginary motivations I have never heard of before.

As a side note, I do sympathize with Trump a little bit. He claims that he is just doing what he always did, but suddenly the DoJ and New York are prosecuting him while they never did before. It supposedly must be a political prosecution. While white collar crime isn’t my shtick, I kind of believe the government often does ignore white collar crime. They let the rich get away with it. They aren’t doing that with Trump anymore. Thing is, he did commit the crimes. From shifting evaluations to stolen documents to fake electors and the insurrection, these are looking like easy to prove very real cases. If he wanted to keep the unofficial immunity from prosecution, he should have laid low, should not have drawn attention to himself. As is, he is a criminal at heart and cannot seem to help himself.

Yes. There are reasons I advocate rule of law, an end to prejudice, not forcing your own culture on others, and taking precautions against a deadly pandemic. These are not difficult to understand or false claims. They often do contradict conservative policy. It becomes necessary for conservatives to make up imaginary false motivations. If Higgenbotham’s lies about motivations are false of me and false of the liberals around me, I will not dwell on the lies but rather will try to clarify my true motivations.

One warning. If you deal with real issues including perusing DSM-5, fine, I will respond. If you switch to personal attacks, I will ignore and not respond.
Bob, like I said previously, welcome to the Dark Age Hovel. I don't mind having a liberal buffoon in here to illustrate first hand why we're in so much trouble. You've done a magnificent job of that and continue to do so.

Your constant whining about abortion gave me the opportunity to respond to a topic I have shown little interest in over the years but does deserve consideration. I know none of what I said changed your mind, as you have shown your mind is immovable, but it may have provided others with food for thought.

There likely will be pieces of your incoherent ramblings that I may delve into from time to time, such as your improper and offensive use of the term "medieval superstitions," particularly as they pertain to the coming dark age. They really do help in that regard.

In the meantime, if you feel the need to accuse me of something, please quote directly from posts and stick to what is in those. Your characterizations of what I have said are inaccurate, to say the least.

Thank you, and, again, Welcome to the Dark Age Hovel!
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:11 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:29 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:45 am
Taking precautions against a deadly pandemic is a form of slavery? 1,183,396 US deaths are not worthy of taking precautions?
The lockdowns prevented not one death. In fact, lockdowns increased deaths. Thanks for the numbers.

Locking people down is just another thing Democrats do for power and control. Sort of like putting able bodied people on welfare and locking them down into Democrat controlled urban hellholes. Another form of soft slavery. Or taking able bodied kids and tricking them into doing sex change operations. And another. Control freaks is what they are.
Liar.

No one was locked down. Your lying about locks does not reflect reality.
I turn to the news and what do I read?

Plain as day, right on msn.com.

There were lockdowns.

People moved to Florida and Texas because they didn't like strict lockdown measures.

Wow...who would have thought?
Florida and Texas — two of the most sought-after destinations for Americans fed up with high taxes and strict lockdown measures during the COVID pandemic...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realest ... 5aa6&ei=20
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:11 am
Precautions such as wearing masks were recommended.
Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:46 pm
Yes, it is clear that you do not wear a mask to a Trump rally. That is the rally attender’s choice. It is macho to tempt death. It is freedom. It is a choice that affects primarily you.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:54 pm
Once Fauci and the CDC belatedly pivoted to correctly (in my opinion) saying masks would be beneficial in controlling the spread of the virus, there was never much discussion about which types of masks would be beneficial and which types would not. If a mask is only filtering 10 or 20 percent of the target dust or mist, then it could be doing more harm than good. I'm no expert, but that's my opinion based on experience in wearing masks. Clearly, the so-called experts were not specific as to what types of masks would be beneficial and what types would not. At that point, The 97th Percentile just advocated that people wear masks and were not specific about what to do. For example, they could have issued guidelines saying that N95 or greater masks are sufficient and, for those who find that they are unavailable, an equivalent mask could be made at home from a high efficiency furnace or air conditioning filter rated to remove the equivalent of N95 or greater. But there was no such guidance on what alternatives to rated masks might work that I am aware of.
Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:45 am
Taking precautions against a deadly pandemic is a form of slavery?
Uh, no. That's not what I said about masks. What I said is above. And it is correct that Fauci and the CDC did for a time NOT recommend masks and then belatedly pivoted.

I'll just stop there. Like my Dad used to say to people like you, "You are full of shit up to your ears."

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

There needs to be a limit as to how much extreme liberal buffoonery can be tolerated here.

This is a Mixer, but it shouldn't be all extreme liberal buffoonery, all the time. Perhaps 10 percent typical liberal buffoonery for illustrative purposes would suffice. No more than 10 percent I would say.

Serious topics still need consideration and should not be crowded out with extreme liberal buffoonery.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:13 am
I'll just stop there. Like my Dad used to say to people like you, "You are full of $%^& up to your ears."
Well, let’s just say the feeling is mutual.

I also think argument though censoring seems questionable. My last post was deleted.

Real Democratic positions? Cure deadly pandemics. Fight crime. Fight prejudice. Give people freedom to make their own choices. If other motivations are presented that I have never heard of, I will emphasize the normal ones.

I don’t personally like the term lockdowns, but it seems to be the accepted term, even if no locks are involved.
Wiki wrote:Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of non-pharmaceutical interventions colloquially known as lockdowns (encompassing stay-at-home orders, curfews, quarantines, cordons sanitaires and similar societal restrictions) have been implemented in numerous countries and territories around the world. These restrictions were established with the intention to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By April 2020, about half of the world's population was under some form of lockdown, with more than 3.9 billion people in more than 90 countries or territories having been asked or ordered to stay at home by their governments. Although similar disease control measures have been used for hundreds of years, the scale of those implemented in the 2020s is thought to be unprecedented.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:49 am
There needs to be a limit as to how much extreme liberal buffoonery can be tolerated here.

This is a Mixer, but it shouldn't be all extreme liberal buffoonery, all the time. Perhaps 10 percent typical liberal buffoonery for illustrative purposes would suffice. No more than 10 percent I would say.

Serious topics still need consideration and should not be crowded out with extreme liberal buffoonery.
Bob is skillful at shit slinging and insults. That's a big part of why he trolls this forum. His trolling has been tiresome for a long while. I've called multiple times for his account deletion. Just don't feed the troll because he relishes the cultural destruction of our country and works tirelessly for his cause.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

FullMoon wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:55 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:49 am

Bob is skillful at shit slinging and insults. That's a big part of why he trolls this forum. His trolling has been tiresome for a long while. I've called multiple times for his account deletion. Just don't feed the troll because he relishes the cultural destruction of our country and works tirelessly for his cause.
Secretariat starts to pull away at about 1:15 in the 1973 Belmont Stakes.

https://youtu.be/AG_27cCW5bw?t=74

This is what Donald Trump is doing early on too. The liberals want to say that their old broken down horse can somehow catch up because that happened in other races. It's already obvious it can't and neither can any other horse they can put into the race. Talk is all they have left.

Watching them twist in the wind for awhile is OK.

Now the serious work of limiting their damage can begin. The damage can't all be reversed but at least we can put them out to pasture and carry on.