Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:09 am
Russia Warns of Anti-White 'Aggression' in U.S.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Thursday warned that anti-white racism might be building in the United States and said that political correctness "taken to the extreme" would have lamentable consequences.
But Lavrov stressed it was important "not to switch to the other extreme which we saw during the 'BLM' (Black Lives Matter) events and the aggression against white people, white U.S. citizens."
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/04/ ... -us-a73446
And I thought I was the only one who had noticed the coming genocide...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

See how sane Russia actually is? They know the materialist monstrosity that the US has become. Yes, they have their problems, but they haven't lost their identity. That's more important than getting a $2 cheeseburger or being thrown about by all of the demons running a country of soon to be slaves.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:40 pm
mps92 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:14 am
The Ukrainian government is incompetent and corrupt and has made Ukraine one of the poorest countries in Europe. Ukraine has gotten lazy and complacent, knowing that they can always rely on the West to defend them. A significant portion of Eastern Ukraine is ethnically Russian and speaks Russian. Let Russia take Luhansk, Donetsk, Mariupol, and even Kharkiv. Ukraine isn't worth defending, nor is Belarus. The line in the sand should be drawn further West at Finland, Estonia/Latvia, and Poland.
The Europeans will do little or more likely nothing to defend Ukraine. They (and US) will bloviate and tell Putin how bad he is, but he will get away with it. The Europeans will not even do an economic embargo as they are completely dependent on Russia for energy needs.

Belarus is now a defacto Russian ally. This is because the Belarus president had to get Putin's backing when his latest election theft became obvious and people went to the streets in protest.

Very soon the defacto line of defense will be Finland, Poland, Romania. It is impossible to defend the Baltic states, and everyone knows it. The only question is if their defense leads to actual war in Europe that nobody really wants.
The US is currently weaker than ever, which means that Europe is also weaker than ever, and that's saying a lot. As you state, they will do nothing. The historical perspective here is one I don't totally understand, modern thinking is fairly unrealistic here - Khruschev gave them Crimea in 1954. Eastern Ukraine is ethnically Russian. The only thing that stops takeovers is big boy on the block international deterrence. Each bullly (USA, China, Russia) has their own ethical code, and none is pristine. In a world of secular, non christian actors who don't believe in anything, by what authority should you not claim other lands or resources to some degree, especially when you free them or invest in them? All of the complainers and losers of history turn around in a second and do the same things they complain about. Just saying.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:54 am
DaKardii wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:30 pm
Navigator wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:35 pm
The Russians are freaked out about the Baltic states belonging to NATO. This was actually a pretty provocative move on NATO's part, even if the desire to help ensure the independence of the Baltics was desirable.

Putin wants to put Russia back where it was pre-USSR breakup. Having NATO bases in the Baltics is seen as an existential threat to the defense of "Mother Russia".
Yes, but that doesn't necessarily means Russia wants to annex those countries, like it wants to annex the Orthodox Balkans.
What the hell that does that hair spliting even mean?

Either you are the president of the Putin fan club and a shill or you are just ridiculous.
In a world of fairly bad options, I don't understand the Putin criticism. He's easily the greatest leader in the world right now. Everyone should want a guy like that as their head of state - because of what he stands for - the interest of a people, their national identity, families, etc and NOT degeneracy that the West constantly tries to export. Look at the West and its "freedom"? It's a joke. The only thing good about the west is material convenience (for now), paradoxically.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:30 am
In a world of fairly bad options, I don't understand the Putin criticism. He's easily the greatest leader in the world right now. Everyone should want a guy like that as their head of state - because of what he stands for - the interest of a people, their national identity, families, etc and NOT degeneracy that the West constantly tries to export. Look at the West and its "freedom"? It's a joke. The only thing good about the west is material convenience (for now), paradoxically.
Putin is a murderer and a mafia-type boss. He has NO ethical compass. He is capable of anything.

He knows he cannot give up power and expect to live very long. So he might as well risk going down in a blaze of glory with the upside being that he is hailed as the restorer of Russian greatness.

The Russians are morally bankrupt too.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:54 am
What the hell that does that hair spliting even mean?

Either you are the president of the Putin fan club and a shill or you are just ridiculous.
If I was a Putin shill, I would be denying that he is pursuing an imperial project at all. I'm not doing that. Instead, I'm voicing a different opinion than others regarding which countries he plans to go after first/next.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:49 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:30 am
Putin is a murderer and a mafia-type boss. He has NO ethical compass. He is capable of anything.

He knows he cannot give up power and expect to live very long. So he might as well risk going down in a blaze of glory with the upside being that he is hailed as the restorer of Russian greatness.

The Russians are morally bankrupt too.
Name me a world leader who can't be accused of this. And give some evidence since your claims are so bold.

John

Post by John »

** 03-Apr-2021 World View: Russia - Ukraine -- possible clash in May

• Moscow Times / TASS

Al-Jazeera took a break today from wall-to-wall coverage of the George
Floyd trial and bashing America to devote an Inside Story show to the
situation between Russia and Ukraine.

Key takeaways:
  • It's possible that Putin is not planning an invasion, but is
    simply probing the level of commitment of the Biden administration and
    the EU. Also, domestically, this detracts from the corruption and
    horrible economy in Russia.
  • A lot of people are saying that they don't expect a Russian
    invasion into Ukraine. However, a lot of people were not expecting
    Russia's 2014 invasion of Ukraine, but it happened anyway. Also
    nobody expected Russia to annex Crimea -- especially after Putin vowed
    that it wouldn't happen -- but it happened anyway.
  • Right now the snow is melting in Russia and Ukraine, which means
    that the fields are muddy, so maneuverable warfare is basically
    impossible. But by May the fields should dry up, an everybody is
    going to be ready, and there's a lot of social media talk of a war at
    the beginning of May. [Pavel Felgenhauer]
*** Russia's Military Buildup Near Ukraine Is an Intimidation Tactic
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/04/ ... tic-a73461

Post by Guest »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world- ... d-23847342
Russian military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer has warned WW3 could be sparked by rising tensions between Russia and Ukraine – and things could really kick off in early May
With tension sharply rising, Pavel Felgenhauer, who has written several books about Russia's political and military leadership, said it now requires a "psychoanalyst" to determine the north Asian nation's intentions in Ukraine but warned events could see "war in a month".
Asked why Russia may be pushing for a conflict now, he replied: "Address this question to a psychoanalyst. Do I need to explain?

"The facts are there, everything is already happening."

He claimed all the conditions could be in place by early May when Russia will hold a major Red Square parade to mark the anniversary of victory in World War Two, and he suspects a "decision has been made already".
I've been reading Pavel's analysis since the 1990s, and he is accurate. He is also not pro Putin.

I find it interesting that foreign newspapers now call Russia a "Northern Asian nation". In reality, Russians are Orientals. And they have the mentality of despots.

It looks like this could be it. Putin is desperate and he knows that he must stay in power to remain alive. Russia is a mafia state. I used to live there, in another lifetime. I am grateful to God for having escaped. Now the nightmare that is Russia advances on civilizad countries.

As for psychoanalysts, I come here...

Post by Guest »

When looking at the legislative effectiveness of all congressional Democrats, AOC was ranked 230th out of 240 Democrats. Among the 19 Dem lawmakers from New York state, she ranked dead last.

Among the bills that died at birth were a federal overhaul of public housing, a ban on fracking, and a mandate to provide full federal public benefits to illegal aliens.

Democratic House insiders said many of Ocasio-Cortez’s colleagues found her approach alienating. -NY Post