Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

Neither Lincoln nor Churchill was considered "great" when they initially assumed their leadership responsibilities.

And, in fact, for both of them, their initial efforts looked like disasters. But they were both willing to stay the course and enable the fight against evil until victory was secured.

There are alternatives out there, usually quiet and unassuming people, who right now are not in the spotlight.

Someone, hopefully, will become a viable "compromise" candidate.

Bob Butler

Surprise?

Post by Bob Butler »

There is an ugly conspiracy theory that FDR knew the Pearl Harbor attack was coming. They were supposedly reading the Japanese codes, and Britain sent a warning. Supposedly, he wanted the attack to seem like a surprise to unite the country and make them upset. While I am not interested in debating the theory, it does remind me of the Gaza situation, Making the attack seem like a surprise is one way of uniting Israel and pushing an extreme result.

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:39 pm
Neither Lincoln nor Churchill was considered "great" when they initially assumed their leadership responsibilities.

And, in fact, for both of them, their initial efforts looked like disasters. But they were both willing to stay the course and enable the fight against evil until victory was secured.

There are alternatives out there, usually quiet and unassuming people, who right now are not in the spotlight.

Someone, hopefully, will become a viable "compromise" candidate.
There will be a "compromise candidate" but one that satisfies no one except the pro-Israel lobby. The problem is that America's demographics and youth culture have changed radically in the last twenty years. Wokery has ruined the US military. Feminism has ruined the young generations. Critical Race Theory has destroyed the youngest generation. America has polarized. The far right doesn't support Israel; neither does the far left. I don't think there is a center left in western societies. Open Borders have changed the urban landscapes into no-go zones. Europe will explode because of this.

There will be no 9/11 response. The first time around led to bankrupting disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan. These wars accomplished nothing. Unless you consider bankrupting the US and flooding Europe with millions of Arabs an accomplishment.

CNBC doesn't seem to understand that the pro-Israel message being pored out onto the airwaves no longer resonates with half of the country at all, zero, nada. And the half that does respond does so mildly. A lukewarm response is the best that can be expected from a bankrupt and besieged American people overwhelmed by open borders and sky high inflation. The bullying by Jewish billionaires at Harvard is not going down well on social media. People see this as dangerous and extreme.

I, for one, see this war in the Middle East as a clash between desert religions and desert people that I want nothing, nothing! to do with. Why is what goes on in Israel matter to me? Israel is not a real democracy, Israel is theocracy. I'm not welcome there, why should i care? Why are we pouring billions of dollars of my taxpayer money into a country that represents 1% of the population? Both sides in this conflict are barbaric. Both sides! Why do I have to send more of my family off to fight in wars that none of us care about. Israel doesn't even have oil. I see no strategic interest there. I see a massive liability.

Screw the Ukraine too!

Bob Butler

Gaza

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:06 pm
There will be no 9/11 response...
I agree to the no 9/11 response. S&H projected that after a major war, the will not be another one until the first is no longer in living memory. No boots on the ground is an every crisis lesson. I also agree some main stream media is pushing Israel with less response than looked for. I also would agree desert superstitions are not worth fighting for. I suspect the tendency to harass, oppress and kill those perceived of as in a different group has a lot to do with it.

Post by Guest »

Could this allow for RFK Jr. to win? America is the mood for radical change; we have been since W. Bush.

Post by guest »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rxjT1jKqsQ[/youtube]

Invading Gaza Will Be Israel’s Biggest Ever War Crime: Haaretz Columnist Gideon Levy

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Wokery has ruined the US military.
Not only woke, but FAT. :lol:

Nearly 70% of active service members are overweight, report finds
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/you ... ort-finds/

Post by guest »

guest wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:47 am
Guest wrote:
Wokery has ruined the US military.
Not only woke, but FAT. :lol:

Nearly 70% of active service members are overweight, report finds
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/you ... ort-finds/
The standards have dropped because of CRT and trans insanity. I don't see that reversing under a Democrat administration.

The Israeli attack on Gaza will leave Ukraine high and dry. Long story short: Having Ukraine come out in absolute alignment with Israel will cost it the high ground. Ukraine will be forced to accept a humiliating treaty with the loss of 20% of Ukraine.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

guest wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:54 am
The standards have dropped because of CRT and trans insanity. I don't see that reversing under a Democrat administration.

The Israeli attack on Gaza will leave Ukraine high and dry. Long story short: Having Ukraine come out in absolute alignment with Israel will cost it the high ground. Ukraine will be forced to accept a humiliating treaty with the loss of 20% of Ukraine.
Three crisis problems are prejudice, minority cultures seeking equality (trans equality among others) and religious fanaticism (abortion). These are attempts to force white culture on those that do not share it, a reflection on how white supremacy is falling to work against modern demographics. They could be addressed by a Democratic administration, especially as those who want feminine health care have won every vote since Roe was overturned. The right to vote, slowing gun violence and taking measures to slow troublesome weather disasters make a Democratic administration likely.

By contrast, the conservative folk seem to be arguing about the insurrection, launching an impeachment investigation without evidence of wrong doing and deciding who should be speaker. None of these will draw voters. I also wonder what a disqualification of Trump under the 14th Amendment Section Three would do to the Republican primaries. Those issues together would be interesting. You do know how to spell collapse?

Internationally, autocratic governments have been aggressive in the Ukraine and Gaza. Some people think war is still cost effective. (Sigh.) The Ukraine is doing well enough. Israel has always held its own, though I expect their conservative government is playing games which will catch up to them. It wouldn’t surprise me if Israel continued to hold back electricity and power to Gaza for an extended time, forcing the Gaza inhabitants to move to other nations which have already made arrangements with Israel. At least, I suspect that was why the Israeli government pretended to be surprised, a pretense which is becoming harder to believe. Gaza, we shall see what develops. Gaza is too new for me at least to make firm predictions.

The US progressives and conservatives have built up conflicting expectations. To some degree, perhaps one of us will be right?

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Anti-Semitic material removed by Moderator.