Abortion

Topics related to theology.
Bob Butler

Re: The Liberal Left Position.

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:58 am
Like when leftist protesters stormed the Capitol building last week?
I hadn't heard that on the news, and Google drowned my search out with references to Jan 6. Could you provide a reference?

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:05 am
Guest wrote:
I hadn't heard that on the news, and Google drowned my search out with references to Jan 6. Could you provide a reference?
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/pro-palesti ... o-question

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Guest wrote:
Of course not. It's be treated differently. A double standard.

Bob Butler

The Pro Palestine Demonstration

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Guest wrote:
Apparently, the protesters would be more accurately described as pro Palestinian rather than leftists. Most Americans lean towards Israel. They followed the standard procedures for entering the building. When it was explained protests were banned, most left peacefully. A few people assaulted police officers or continued to protest after the explanations, and were arrested. If they assaulted cops, I would hope so. I think something similar would occur if the protest was from the left or right, and properly so.

Details: It wasn’t the Capitol building, but was part of the Capitol complex. It is understandable that the incident didn't make the main stream media.

Do you think Free Speech guarantees a right to disrupt federal buildings? All have a right to protest, but that right doesn’t specify anywhere. The procedures seemed more or less right to me. Their thoughts that the procedures for admittance should be stronger is worth considering. They might include a purpose for visit, should not include a purpose of holding a protest for anything.

The public areas of the main Congress building might be appropriate for protest if the business of the building is not disrupted. After the insurrection, I could understand reluctance to consider it.

Re: The Pro Palestine Demonstration

Post by guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:44 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 am
Bob Butler wrote:

Apparently, the protesters would be more accurately described as pro Palestinian rather than leftists. Most Americans lean towards Israel. They followed the standard procedures for entering the building. When it was explained protests were banned, most left peacefully. A few people assaulted police officers or continued to protest after the explanations, and were arrested. If they assaulted cops, I would hope so. I think something similar would occur if the protest was from the left or right, and properly so.

Details: It wasn’t the Capitol building, but was part of the Capitol complex. It is understandable that the incident didn't make the main stream media.

Do you think Free Speech guarantees a right to disrupt federal buildings? All have a right to protest, but that right doesn’t specify anywhere. The procedures seemed more or less right to me. Their thoughts that the procedures for admittance should be stronger is worth considering. They might include a purpose for visit, should not include a purpose of holding a protest for anything.

The public areas of the main Congress building might be appropriate for protest if the business of the building is not disrupted. After the insurrection, I could understand reluctance to consider it.
More bollocks.

The double standard never leaves you, mate.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:46 am
More bollocks.

And I grow tired of this one sided conversation. I post many facts and opinions and you don't respond. You might disparage them, but you don't provide a reason or argument. In the last case, you will find I much more agree with Fox than with your lies. I can't form an opinion of you as a person as you use a shared user name. Your identity is untrustworthy as many people might be guests.

At least you provide hooks for me to respond to. You are useful for that if for little else.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:13 pm
guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:46 am
More bollocks.

And I grow tired of this one sided conversation. I post many facts and opinions and you don't respond. You might disparage them, but you don't provide a reason or argument. In the last case, you will find I much more agree with Fox than with your lies. I can't form an opinion of you as a person as you use a shared user name. Your identity is untrustworthy as many people might be guests.

At least you provide hooks for me to respond to. You are useful for that if for little else.
Now you know how people feel about you, Bish.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:37 am
Now you know how people feel about you, Bish.
Well, some of them think their positions are defendable.

Higgenbotham

Re: Against Democracy?

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:46 am
The will of the majority is not necessarily right. In Germany the majority wanted Hitler. On abortion the Democrats are wrong. The Republicans are wrong about a lot else, and that is why I left the GOP, but I vote straight RTL.
If your medieval superstitions are stronger than your belief in democracy, so be it.
Maybe his spiritual sensibilities are stronger than his belief in mob rule.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Bob Butler

Re: Against Democracy?

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:47 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:46 am
The will of the majority is not necessarily right. In Germany the majority wanted Hitler. On abortion the Democrats are wrong. The Republicans are wrong about a lot else, and that is why I left the GOP, but I vote straight RTL.
If your medieval superstitions are stronger than your belief in democracy, so be it.
Maybe his spiritual sensibilities are stronger than his belief in mob rule.
Are you equating the Constitution and rule of law with mob rule?