Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:32 pm
Could it be the story was too damaging to DEI, so NBC pulled it? Is that your line of thought?
Seems real. This is from the FAA.

https://www.asias.faa.gov/apex/f?p=100: ... -24,BOEING

IDENTIFICATION
Date: 20-JAN-24
Time: 13:42:00Z
Regis#: N672DL
Aircraft Make: BOEING
Aircraft Model: 757
Event Type: INCIDENT
Highest Injury: NONE
Aircraft Missing: No
Damage: UNKNOWN
State: GEORGIA
DESCRIPTION
Description: AIRCRAFT DURING LINE UP AND WAIT, NOSE WHEEL CAME OFF AND ROLLED DOWN THE HILL, ATLANTA, GA.
INJURY DATA
Total Fatal: 0
Fatal Serious Minor None Unknown
Flight Crew 0 0 0 2 0
Cabin Crew 0 0 0 4 0
Passenger 0 0 0 184 0
Ground 0 0 0 0 0
OTHER
Activity: COMMERCIAL
Flight Phase: STANDING (STD)
Operation: 121
Aircraft Operator: DELTA AIRLINES
Flight Number: DAL982
FAA FSDO: ATLANTA FSDO
Entry Date: 22-JAN-24
Updated since entry: No

From the Guardian:
With passenger concerns rising, Kayak, a leading online travel agent, has updated filters to allow customers to exclude flights that use Boeing’s troubled 737 Max planes.

Kayak introduced an aircraft filter in March 2019 but after the Alaska Airlines incident it reworked the setting, making it more prominent on the search page and adding the ability to distinguish between 737 Max 8 and Max 9 planes, since only the latter has been grounded by the FAA.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -falls-off

I was wondering if something like this would pop up. I'm going to use it to avoid flying on Boeing jetliners in the future.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:00 am
I look at it as some version of the elites started to become sure of themselves some 35 years ago that they would be able to fight the next war with robots (as well as manning the factories with robots), so they could go ahead and sacrifice the population from which the traditional military recruits come from, as they have always represented a risk to elite domination.
I'll explain in more detail one reason I made the underlined statement.

Consider the google search below for "what does the fbi consider the biggest domestic threat". The results brought up are consistent with what the FBI has considered the biggest domestic threat for a very long time, at least since the advent of "The Order" in the early 1980s, which I've written about.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+do ... tic+threat

Here is a typical sample from the above search, which comes from a government web site: "In FY 2020, the FBI assessed the greatest terrorism threat to the United States was from lone actors or small cells who typically radicalize online (and look to attack soft targets with easily accessible weapons. The underlying drivers, including sociopolitical conditions, racism, and antiSemitism remain constant)." The part continued in parenthesis is in the report and not visible from the google search.

Not even biggest domestic terrorist threat. Greatest terrorism threat to the United States, period.

Where do these "lone actors or small cells" that the FBI refers to come from?" From the same population from which the traditional military recruits come from.

As for the rest of it, it's sort of like the discussion about Amazon openly supporting BLM and Defund the Police. They cannot not be aware that doing so will wreak havoc on bricks and mortar retail businesses. Many less directly connected to any vested interest might shrug their shoulders and say, oh, well, we can just order it online and pretty soon online retailers will be able to deliver via drone to my front porch in my gated community in less than 24 hours anyway. But if that wasn't possible or assumed to be possible, they might think a little harder and advocate for bricks and mortar retail businesses quite a bit more, perhaps enough to make a difference.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Think you'll work past 70? Good luck. Why most of us retire earlier.

Daniel de Visé

USA TODAY

We’re living healthier, longer. Many of us have jobs we can do on a computer from our couch. If we want to keep working past 70, or even past 80, what’s to stop us?

A lot, as it turns out.

The average American retires not at 80, or 70, or even 65, but at 62. That statistic comes from two different annual surveys of working and retired Americans, one from the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI), and the other from the Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies.
In the Transamerica report, nearly half of those who retired earlier than planned blamed their health: physical limitations, illness or disability. Roughly two-fifths blamed their jobs: They were laid off, downsized or lured into early retirement, or they were no longer happy at work.
Transamerica found a five-year gap, 67 vs. 62, between when older workers expected to retire and when retirees actually retired.

Working past 60 may be harder than you think

The reason? Older Americans may underestimate the odds of remaining in the workforce into their 60s and beyond.

“Job availability, health, changes a lot once you get above 55,” said Craig Copeland, director of wealth benefits research at EBRI, a research and education nonprofit. “Many can lose their job in a downsizing or reorganization, or they get a chronic illness, a heart attack, or a stroke, and that means they have to retire.”
In the EBRI survey, three-quarters of workers said they expected to continue working for pay in retirement. Yet, only 30% of retirees said they had ever actually done so.

In the Transamerica survey, nearly half of older workers said they expected to “transition” into retirement, gradually reducing their hours or pivoting to a less demanding job.

But only 13% of retirees said they had actually transitioned into retirement. More often, workers retired abruptly, never to work again.

"When you're 60 or 62, you're not going to back into work in the same position and earn the same kind of money," said Brent Weiss, co-founder of Facet, a consumer financial technology company. "When we're 55 or 60, it's very easy to say, 'I'm going to work part-time.' But when you're in your 60s, where do those part-time jobs exist?"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 312011007/

The peak years of the baby boom were 1957 to 1961. Harry Dent used to say peak spending happens at age 47 and that would matter for the stock market and economy. After those years, it seems to me that the Federal Reserve ran that cohort (and others) as hard as they could on the hamster wheel and now they're finally starting to drop over.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:32 pm
Could it be the story was too damaging to DEI, so NBC pulled it? Is that your line of thought?
The skies might be unsafe, but at least we're not racist. :roll:

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:05 pm
Think you'll work past 70? Good luck. Why most of us retire earlier.

Daniel de Visé

USA TODAY

We’re living healthier, longer. Many of us have jobs we can do on a computer from our couch. If we want to keep working past 70, or even past 80, what’s to stop us?

A lot, as it turns out.

The average American retires not at 80, or 70, or even 65, but at 62. That statistic comes from two different annual surveys of working and retired Americans, one from the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI), and the other from the Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies.
In the Transamerica report, nearly half of those who retired earlier than planned blamed their health: physical limitations, illness or disability. Roughly two-fifths blamed their jobs: They were laid off, downsized or lured into early retirement, or they were no longer happy at work.
Transamerica found a five-year gap, 67 vs. 62, between when older workers expected to retire and when retirees actually retired.

Working past 60 may be harder than you think

The reason? Older Americans may underestimate the odds of remaining in the workforce into their 60s and beyond.

“Job availability, health, changes a lot once you get above 55,” said Craig Copeland, director of wealth benefits research at EBRI, a research and education nonprofit. “Many can lose their job in a downsizing or reorganization, or they get a chronic illness, a heart attack, or a stroke, and that means they have to retire.”
In the EBRI survey, three-quarters of workers said they expected to continue working for pay in retirement. Yet, only 30% of retirees said they had ever actually done so.

In the Transamerica survey, nearly half of older workers said they expected to “transition” into retirement, gradually reducing their hours or pivoting to a less demanding job.

But only 13% of retirees said they had actually transitioned into retirement. More often, workers retired abruptly, never to work again.

"When you're 60 or 62, you're not going to back into work in the same position and earn the same kind of money," said Brent Weiss, co-founder of Facet, a consumer financial technology company. "When we're 55 or 60, it's very easy to say, 'I'm going to work part-time.' But when you're in your 60s, where do those part-time jobs exist?"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 312011007/

The peak years of the baby boom were 1957 to 1961. Harry Dent used to say peak spending happens at age 47 and that would matter for the stock market and economy. After those years, it seems to me that the Federal Reserve ran that cohort (and others) as hard as they could on the hamster wheel and now they're finally starting to drop over.
In Japan people work into their 80s, especially on the factory floor, because no one can replace them: young people don't want to and third world workers like the precise skills, temperament, discipline, and work ethic. In German speaking countries, German engineers are often over 60 years old or young men from South Korea.

With the influx of unskilled 3rd world migrants with low levels of agency flooding in from south of the border and the ranks of poorly educated, low skilled, and entitled Millennials and GenZ Americans unable to replace them, older Americans will soon find employment.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

A few older Americans will return to the labor force, but not many.

https://www.spglobal.com/marketintellig ... n-76127167

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:28 pm
Why would young men fight for a country that does nothing for them?

Why would we believe an unelected intel group about "terrorism" that actively entraps and terrorizes its own people? Whitmer, J6, you name it.

Why would I trust a military that renames all of our historic great generals and tries to delete white europeans, calling them terrorists?

The country is actively anti-Christian in DC and its institutions, and racist against whites. I wonder why.
As an American, I consider the examples as deplorable. But I know they're rather superficial and that the bones of the country are strong. Perhaps they won't be strong enough for the coming tests, but there's no scenario in which life would be better than it is now. Despite all that shit.
The saddest thing is that the youth don't understand what throwing the baby out with the bathwater means.Tik Tok boy

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

FullMoon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:33 pm
The saddest thing is that the youth don't understand what throwing the baby out with the bathwater means.
You hit the nail on the head, FM. Yeonmi Park, who defected from North Korea, became very concerned while attending Columbia University that the progressive teachers and students were employing the same brainwashing tactics she had encountered in North Korea. She got very vocal about her concerns, and the left then accused her of lying about the harsh conditions in North Korea. The ignorance of the Western left-wingers truly knows no boundaries.

Post by Guest »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:13 pm
A few older Americans will return to the labor force, but not many.

https://www.spglobal.com/marketintellig ... n-76127167
I would give it a couple of more years. Soon management will give up on the younger generations.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

The ignorance of the Western left-wingers truly knows no boundaries
I think it's apparent on both sides of the spectrum. One side sees the harsh reality and the other imagines fake hardship. But they're both nihilistic and probably for good reason. They've lived in a crazy time.